Tulip Hostel

Golebia 8, Krakow, 31007, Poland
Tulip Hostel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hostelworld.com

More about Krakow

cachaseiro - Can't take him anywhere!cachaseiro - Can't take him anywhere!

Looking for a place to hang the flags....Looking for a place to hang the flags....

Traditional dance eventTraditional dance event

HARRIS Piano Jazz Bar - EntranceHARRIS Piano Jazz Bar - Entrance

Stuff to do in Krakow

by vivakid

Hey all,

i would be visiting Krakow for ard 5 days in Jun. But i'm not too sure if 5 days in Krakow is too much! Could someone advise? I was intending to take a day trip to Zakopane & the Tatra mountains. And mayb a day or 2 in the city centre of Krakow. But i'm not too sure wad would i be able to do for the remaining days. Thank u so much!

by Muarrij

I think you need to and MUST visit the SALT MINES near Krakow.
Vilechka i think its spelt. In my opinion these were more informative than our Auchwitz visit.
The castle in Krakow is also a must as well as the old town and of course the square. We also went for 5 days.

by evaanna

I'd say 5 days is rather little for Krakow and the area. I don't know what your interests are, but a visit to Auschwitz is, imo, an absolute must for anybody and a trip to the salt mine at Wieliczka should be interesting. Zakopane is another possibility and a very attractive one, or you could join an organised day trip to the castle at Niedzica combined with a rafting trip on the Dunajec.
And of course explore the city - you can read about it in VT Travel Guide.

by doodybee

we only had 3 days last august
wasn't long enough - we were very rushed and didn't see half of what we intended to

never mind - ifeel areturn visit on the cards
Julie

by nomad7890

The best advise I was given for Krakow was to rent a bike. There are many nice trails, and riding along the Wizla is fun. OK, I did not rent the bike because I was there for a short time and the logistics of returning it did not work out. But I would rent the bike for at least a full day, and you'll have lots of fun.

Maybe someone from Krakow sees the post and can advise you on the "other" trail ... I saw people riding, but I don't recall which is the area where you ride - but I do know it's beautiful.

by leics

You will find more than enough to do, especially if you also want to visit Zakopane and the mountains.

I agree about visiting the salt-mines and Auschwitz (in my 3-night stay I did not see either, nor did I visit the museums). You can also take a bus out of the city and explore Tyniec Abbey, which is lovely and has a very nice cafe as well as some nice walks nearby (the only out-of-the-city trip I managed to fit in).

Krakow is a lovely place to explore, with lots to see and think about. I too must go back soon........

by 68maciek

It depends on what is interesting for you.I can imagine that for some people few hours is enogh, for others two weeks can be to short.The same apply to Tatry.Please be more specific about your interest.
You can also spend easy 5 days in the mountains (Zakopane is not so special place if no mountains).Tatry are the heighest but there are other Karpaty ranges close by ,and Jurassic Park (hahaha).

by sihi

Hi

5 days in not much for Krakow region. Near Krakow you can visit town of Bochnia with its salt mine and old town of Tarnow.

Travel Tips for Krakow

Hey dude! Do the "chakra" man!

by Confucius

The what? The chakra, a supposedly Hindu term for spiritual energy, has somehow found its way inside the Wawel Castle's courtyard. Not everybody seems to be aware of this phenomena, and I just happened to learn of it from observing the strange behavior of a small group of Russian tourists who appeared to be trying to communicate with the wall using some sort of body language. I waited until the Russians departed and then initiated my own interpretation of the "chakra" ritual, behaving in an even more baffling manner as I simultaneously imitated the "Egyptian Lover" disco move and chanted "chak chak" like the Indonesian kecak singers. To my delight the next group of tourists had a vague understanding of the Wawel Chakra phenomena and seemed delighted that a serious practitioner was there to provide an authentic exhibition of the "chakra" dance.
This was in December of 2000 when I visited Krakow. I have since learned that the northwestern corner of the courtyard has been roped off since 2001, perhaps my own interpretation evolved into something much crazier since the time it was first passed on.

Wawel Cathedral

by johnsakura

The establishment in 1000 of the bishopric of Krakow was soon followed by the construction of the first cathedral on Wawel Hill. The Wawel Cathedral was once the coronation church of the kings of Poland. One of its numerous chapels - the Sigismund Chapel - is the most perfect achievement of Renaissance architecture and sculpture in Poland and in the whole of northern Europe. The Cathedral Treasury includes, among other items, monstrances and liturgical vessels, reliquaries, regalia, and insignia of royalty. Among the five bells hung in the belfry is 'Zygmunt', one of the largest in Europe. The crypts of the Cathedral contain the tombs of the kings and their families and also of great poets and national heroes.

Precle

by ana_21

Very often on the corner of the street you will find a little stall with precle - this is a typical snack in Krakow! You can eat it with salt, sesam or poppy seed, they are always fresh and crunchy:))
Oh and they're really cheap - 0,70 ZL so about 0.18 EUR!

Happy, happy people?

by matcrazy1

There were a few places I visited which were somewhat special for me - people, visitors and me felt more comfortable and happy there even in bad rainy/snowy days or... maybe it's my imagination :-).

Krakow, Poland is one of such places and not only for me, believe me - look at happy faces on my picture hehe. Hmm... maybe I am not objective. I was born and lived most of my life in Krakow.
Welcome to Cracow (Krakow) to prove it :-))).

Courtyards

by tini58de

We had the most fun strolling along the streets of old Krakow and discovering the courtyards here and there. We had a fantastic guide - Maciek - who was just as curious as we were! When entering these courtyards you will always have to be ready for surprises:

it is either that it is a totally beautiful courtyard, or a plain old non-spectacular one, or it has some fantastic details (like a well or a beautiful lamp) or, or, or....

So, be curious and don't hesitate to just step off the beaten path and discover!

Comments