Rynek Glowny 19, Krakow, Southern Poland, 31-008, Poland

Hotel Wentzl
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

• Rodlipscombe's Profile Photo

The place to stay in Krakow

Superb hotel with a superb location, right on the Maket Square.

The rooms are very comfortable - luxurious even. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. Staying here really added to the Krakow experience.

If I am ever able to visit Krakow again, I would not contemplate staying anywhere else.

The restaurant is excellent too.

Unique Quality: Very confortable.
    Very friendly and helpful staff.
    Superb location on Rynek Glowny.
    Excellent views.

Directions: On the Market Square

• Great hotel on the square

I took my wife here for her birthday and we both loved it. Ask for room 24. Great views over the square.

Unique Quality: Polite friendly staff.

More about Wentzl

Wonderful food and a nice view

by capture_boy about Hotel Wentzl

The restaurant is open to non residents and has a covered seating area outside, in the main square.

It is nice to eat outside and look across the square as horse drawn carriages drive past, people mill about the square and generally a good place to take in the atmosphere whilst eating delicious food.

The waitress service is excellent. Roast Duck Fillets with Juniper Sauce and Fois Grois.

The Very Best of Krakow!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sparkling_Water61

We stayed at the Hotel Wentzl for 10 days in July and it was the BEST experience we have had in a long time. LOVELY hotel, the staff was incredible and went out of their way to assist us and make our stay even more pleasant.

The free breakfast in the restaurant is UNBELIEVABLE... they will prepare anything that you like and the staff was so helpful without being in your way.

The front desk was amazing and coordinated tickets and events for us and were so helpful. We left and went to Greece for a week and returned to the Wentzl for two additional days. The staff was so helpful that they stored our luggage at the hotel while we went to Greece. Upon our return, we had a complementary bottle of wine waiting for us. We loved walking through the streets of Krakow and returning to our home away from home at the Wentzl.

We had a room with a view of the square and slept almost every night with the windows open and were quite comforable (and it was JULY!).

If you like to be treated like Royalty without the Royalty prices, go to the Wentzl and enjoy your stay. We look forward to returning to beautiful Krakow and the beautiful and charming Wentzl. Thank you for treating us so well.

The Wentzl is Top Class

by TripAdvisor Member WALKIES

Have just spent an excellent 4 days in Krakow, I thought we were arriving in wonderland when we got to the magnificent square at 9pm. The Wentzl is perfectly situated and the view from our room was awesome. The staff were young, friendly and went out of their way to help with anything they could. We had a meal in the restaurant which was excellent but worth the money. Breakfast was good but I could have just sat drinking my coffee watching the scenes in the square. Our room was furnished in the most delightful way,huge bed, tea/coffee/bottled water available. Charmingly old fashioned but in keeping with the area, the bathroom was so unusual, one brick wall with what looked like candles all around the wall. The hotel was spotless and we could find no fault whatsover with it. Our case was missing on arrival in Krakow the receptionist quickly got us toothbrushes and paste and were most helpful in trying to trace the missing bag, thank you all at the Wentzl you are a special team.

Get front room !

by TripAdvisor Member Molecatcher

We were informed when we booked our stay that we would need to change rooms after the second night. Our last night was in a front room overlooking the square which was wonderful. On arrival we were most impressed when the duty manager walked back across the square with us, got into our car, and guided us to a secure car park near the hotel, then proceeded to take our luggage!
The hotel restaurant was fully booked on our first night, but all around the square there are wonderful places to eat. We ate in the hotel on subsequent evenings and the food was very good.
Breakfast however was not quite up to the standard of many other hotels on our trip, but quite adequate. The biggest drawback with the Wentzl Hotel is the lack of a lift. Our room was up 7 flights of stairs (over 80 steps !) However it could not be in a better position.
Whilst in Krakow do not miss a trip to Schindler's Factory in Lipowa Street, near the site of the Jewish Ghetto. This is virtually unchanged since 1945 and is presently being restored into a museum.

What a View!

by TripAdvisor Member Developer

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the lovely Wentzl, it is ideally situated on the square, room was huge and well equipped. The view from our bedroom was lovely, large bath, fantastic shower and lots of huge towels, toiletries provided. This must be one of the prettiest cities we have ever visitedand one of the nicest hotels, small but charming, the staff were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. This is a top class hotel in a perfect situation.

Great hotel in a great place

by TripAdvisor Member Dallerton53

A few days in Krakow was my birthday treat and I wanted to be very central. You dont get any more central than this lovely small hotel. The rooms were spacious, very well equipped and with a great view over the market square. The staff were pleasant and welcoming and dinner in the hotel restaurant was very good. I'd recommend Krakow for a short city break, it's a very handsome and lively city, and the Wentzl is a charming place to stay and at a very reasonable rate. There isn't a lift but how else was I supposed to work off all the calories from the very good Polish food?

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member neillo336

Stayed at Wentzl hotel in oct, we could not fault the hotel in any way, very polite staff great veiws from room and well located.
We also used travel shuttle for getting to and from airport very polite, cheap and punctual.

Krakow - an experience not to be forgotten

by Rodlipscombe

Krakow was one of those places that I had heard about, but little more. However, a colleague, who is of Polish background, recommended that I should visit.

As always, I made all my own arrangements through the internet. I did a lot of on-line research - there are quite a few Krakow (or Cracow) sites and In Your Pocket is always a good resource for eastern Europe. BA flights were booked on-line and I got a good deal at the Hotel Wentzl though hotelspoland.com. The Wentzl seemed a good choice, especially given its location right on Rynek Glowny (Market Square).

Krakow airport is only small and it took very little time to complete the formalities and meet our pre-booked taxi.

Arriving in Krakow, it was one of those places where I felt immediately at home. The ambience of the place is just fantastic. The hotel, of which I had high expectations, did not disappoint in any way.

Everything in Krakow is easy to reach on foot. There are numerous bars, cafes and restaurants. There is plenty to see and do - and it is one of the few places in the world where you can see an original Leonardo da Vinci painting (The Lady with the Ermine). You can also take trips to the salt mines and Auschwitz.

Comments