ul. Zajazdowa 2, Oswiecim, 32-600, Poland

Satisfaction Average

Good For No Data
  • marigurn's Profile Photo

Two Nights in Oswiecim

If you want to stay in Oswiecim, the pickings are slim. I'll give you some of the choices below:
    Hotel GALICJA: 3 Star
    Hotel OLIMPIJSKI: 2 Star
    Hotel KAMIENIEC: 1-Star

I stayed in Oswiecim in order to get a full days worth of touring in. The Hotel Kamieniec meets the basic needs: a roof over your head and meals. The accomidations are closer to a Hostel than Hotel, but it worked out for me. The first nights stay went as planned...early to bed, early to rise. I then toured Auschwitz all day and returned to the hotel. My plan was to take in a second day at Auschwitz, but the first day freaked me out. I then had nightmares that evening so I decided to exit stage left instead of a second days tour. I wanted to skip town via the train, but one of the workers indicated that he would drive me to Krakow for 50 Euros so I decided to go for the road trip.

Unique Quality: No A/C...but that is common in both Eastern and Western Europe. I slept with the windows open on night 1, but the haunting experience of Auschwitz kept those windows shut. I'm a fairly stoic guy who has spent years working in the ER's Trauma Department. I handled Auschwitz very well....considering, but it still freaked me out. I still reflect back upon that experience, but I feel its something we must come to grips with. The president of Iran should stop by and take in the sights...maybe he would change his tune of denial.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Hotel in the garden

The hotel has got six double rooms, six triple rooms, one room capable of accommodating 4 people, and one of 5-people. All rooms have radio, private toilets and bathrooms.
    The hotel is beautifully located in the countryside and offers a splendid chance to rest nearby the Sola river. Acces to the city by public bus or taxi.

Unique Quality: Price list (2002) for room per night in Polish zloty (PLN):
    100 USD=412 zl
    100 Euro=409 zl
    100 GBP=642 zl
    100 CHF=278 zl

Directions: Direction Kety (road 948), on the right side in the suburb of Oswiecim.

Comments