Dizzy Daisy Hostel Riviera

ul Warynskiego 12, Warsaw, 631, Poland

Dizzy Daisy Hostel Riviera
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• Awesome stay in Warsaw

Stayed in Dizzy Daisy Riviera last summer and I must say it was a great summer. First of all their location is great. It’s right next to a metro station which is the best way to way to get around the city. Plus, many tourist attractions are within walking distance as well. We loved the staff as well. They were awesome, young people. Very helpful and gave us priceless tips on what to see, where to have a coffee etc. We got to see some really cool places, we wouldn’t have problably found on our own. And of course the price - very reasonable. Strongly recommend the place :)

More about Warsaw

Rough Guide to PolandRough Guide to Poland

Wilanow Palace entrance gatesWilanow Palace entrance gates

The Battle of GrunwaldThe Battle of Grunwald

The Presidential PalaceThe Presidential Palace

Warsaw with children

by rmeaux1

We will be traveling to Warsaw at the end of March for one week. We will have our two children with us, 2 and 3 years. I am looking for activities/outings to keep my little ones busy. I am also looking for child friendly palces to eat.
What type of outerware should I bring for my children?

Re: Warsaw with children

by evaanna

You will find lots of attractions for children in the Old Town: the organ grinder, street vendors selling balloons, horse-drawn carriage rides and many more.
Another nice place to visit with children is the Lazienki Park where they could feed the ducks and red squirrels and see the peacocks but, as the winter has been severe here with lots of snow and is not likely to give in too soon, there may still be lots of mud or even snow and ice left there at the end of March.If so, you'd better not take the long walk from Aleje Ujazdowskie and the Chopin Monument but enter the park through the gate at the corner of Mysliwiecka/Szwolezerow streets. The Palace on the Lake is quite close.
And of course there is the ZOO in Praga, i.e. the east bank of the Vistula River.
If you have a car at your disposal, you could visit the museum in Lowicz, with their open air part and the exhibition of folk art, very colourful and interesting also for children and visit the museum of mobile folk art in Sromow on the way. See my Lowicz page for more details.
But, if not, if you like folk art, you could visit the Ethnographic Museum in Kredytowa St in Warsaw and their cafe with some lovely cakes on the ground floor. If I think of something else, I will let you know.

Re: Warsaw with children

by evaanna

Obviously, your children may need wellies and warm jackets, but you'd better check what the weather will be like closer to the time of your trip.

Travel Tips for Warsaw

Purity

by Ameripean

I loved walking through Old Town Warsaw. I would love to take my friends there and just walk around for a day. The restaurants, the history, the peacefulness just draws me in. I think it's important to walk and take the subway like the locals of Warsaw. So much of the city can be soaked up by getting lost among locals, city streets, and the public transportaion systems. It's kind of miserable when you actually are lost and can't speak the language to get you back on track. But in retrospect, that misery and unconfortable feeling was so awesome and memorable. You must learn from your travels--positives and negatives. Random people were just minding their own business. People were nice and helpful and seemed positive and happy. They seemed like they enjoyed their lives--it's impressive to me. People take that quality for granted.

Beery days

by CliffClaven

One of old Cliffie's more memorable experiences was the afternoon he spent on the bank of the Wisla in Warsaw, drinking excellent Polish beer in the warm spring sunshine and lazily watching the joggers as they ran past on the riverbank. The beer tasted even better when he realised that the several hundred zloty he handed over for a pint converted to about half a dollar.

When you are lost look out for the PKiN

by gzal

When you are wandering in Warsaw and you don't like to check every move with your map, there is a chance that you can do find without any help.

Just look at the skyline and in almost 100% of cases you will see there, in some direction, the top of PKiN (the Palace of Culture and Science) that is located in THE CENTER of the downtown. Apart from being good orientation point this gift of the 50's from the people of ex-USSR (but Poles had to pay for it in many ways...) is pretty useful since it accomodates a lot of cultural and other organizations and institutions (like theaters, concert venues, museums, temporary fairs etc.).

But for some people, as it is soc-realism artifact, it reminds the commie's past as it is twin (but a bit smaller) to many similar building in ex-USSR cities (eq. Moscow has a few of them and much much bigger than Warsaw's PKiN)...

The next orientation point could be the Palm that is seated at de Gaulle Round-about in the downtown (the junction of Nowy Swiat Str. and Jerozolimskie Ave.) but it looks like it is not tall enough. Anyway you can have a t-shirt with it at:

http://www.merlin.com.pl/sklep/sklep/strona.strona?zet=uteesplkfngvckvdssjvdruivnzbur&nazwa=pr_palma When I come back to Warsaw from any trip either by car, train or bus the first sign of approaching WAW is the PKiN in the skyline:-)

Warsaw Tip

by go_doggo

One of my favorite parts of the guided tour was when our tourguide told us the origin of Warsaw. This is what she told us: back when the city was just a village, two men named War and Szawa caught a mermaid while fishing. The mermaid told the fishermen that if they let her go she would protect the village and it would become prosperous. From that day forward, the area has been known as Warszawa and the Mermaid has been the city's symbol.

Fly the Polish flag August 1 !!

by Pawtuxet

I was so excited when I saw Gosia's new Polish flag flying on her balcony when I got up on August 1. Finally after so many years, the Poles are allowed to commemorate the day when so many of their countrymen died in trying to save Warsaw from the German army. (Warsaw Uprising 1944) This new holiday and the new Uprising Museum are all very important to the people of Warsaw.
We were counting the buildings where we saw the flag flying that day. I think it will take time for the habit to develop as much as we do it in the U.S. That was something Gosia noticed when she was visiting me in the U.S. So many flags everywhere...a demonstration of patriotism which they were restricted from for a very long time.

Comments