Duval Serviced Apartments

Ul. Nowomiejska, 10, Warsaw, 00271, Poland
Duval Serviced Apartments
Tingo.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Warsaw

It's dark insideIt's dark inside

No shortage of ice cream in WarsawNo shortage of ice cream in Warsaw

Main entrance to Polish National MuseumMain entrance to Polish National Museum

Zamkowsky Square in WarsawZamkowsky Square in Warsaw

Hotel choices

by buburg

Will be in Warsaw from July 2nd to the 5th. I've found 2 great deals on hotels, one is at the Westin Warsaw and the other is at Hotel Jan III Sobieski. Wondering if anyone has stayed at either place receintly and could give me an honest opinion. any input is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

by unaS

hotelmark

by travelmad478

I've stayed at the Westin in the past. It's quite fine, not super luxurious but extremely comfortable. The staff have been very nice when I've been there. The hotel is quite big, so not particularly "personal", but it's a fine place to stay if you are OK with big chain hotels. The central location is better for me as a business traveler, but still useful for getting to different parts of town that you'd want to see as a tourist.

by casey128

there are great hotel deals for all warsaw hotels nowadays...the sobieski is too far out...the westin is in an uninteresting area...try again!

Travel Tips for Warsaw

Mobil telephones

by bjakobss

We stayed in Warsaw more than one month and my husband and I often did different things and were on different places. Therefore we had to use our mobil telephones very often to talk or to send sms. We found out that it was so expensive to use the traditional way and talk via Sweden.

A Polish friend told us to go to a Mobil shop and ask them to put in Polish "sim-cards" to call cheaper. We first asked them to do "sim-look off" for 20 zloty (2005) as he called it and then put in Polish sim-cards and then we bought Polish cards to call (very cheap) and got Polish numbers to our telephones. We bought "HEYAH-cards" in for ex. RUCH-kiosks (buy "Karta doladowania"), for 25 zl, 50 zl, 150 zl or 180 zl. Then we bought new "HEYAH-cards " after some whiles , There is also "Ewa-TAK-TAK-CARDS" , "Plus-SIMPLUS-CARDS" etc.

When we came back to Sweden we just took those sim-cards out and put in the old Swedish ones again.

As I know almost nothing :-) about mobil telephones (except calling) I followed the advice of our friend, but there are probably a lot of other mobil-telephone-shops you can visit that can help you with the same service. Anyway we went to:

1. Telefony Komorkowe, Krasphone, Ul. Zamieniecka 90, in "Bazar Szembeka", shop number 311, tel . 0-501-51-66-60, 333-23-11, in Praga Poludu (tram number 9, 24, 44 from Aleje Jerozelimskie).Open 9 am - 6 pm, Satyrday - Sunday 9 am - 2 pm. A telephone-number that starts with 0-....... means a mobilnumber.
But I was very nervous as it is a bazar in the Praga district . . . and they didn't know good English, wll everything was OK and everyone was very kind.

2. There is another one on Ul. Pulawaska 26 A, tel. 0-501-20-21-20; 424-06-60, open 11 am - 7 pm, Saturday - Sunday 11 am - 2 pm (I was not there).

I don't remember exactly but I think if we talked from a mobil to another mobil we just took the number, but from another telephone to a mobil I think you have to add 0- before. Please correct me if I am wrong! About 10 - 15 grocy to talk very shortly or sen sm. Abou 1 grochy per sekund to talk. Amd 20 gr per minut for sms.

Nooks and crannies of the Old Town

by evaanna

Wandering around the Old Town and looking into every nook and cranny, you can come across charming details, like the statue of the woman with a jug in the yard of the house at 5/9 Brzozowa St. Before you enter the arched doorway, examine the house itself as it must be one of those buildings that were not completely destroyed during WWII. The original part has been left unplastered to show its structure.
Note also the beautifully decorated portals, the frescoes, friezes and other ornaments.

The weather

by ania70pl

Ok, maybe it's not a real general tip but something you are never sure about and what you should know if you come to Warsaw. The changeable weather. One day I wanted to take a nice pic of panoramic view on Warsaw. The weather was nice, the sun was shining so in the afternoon I went to the tower of St. Anne's Church. But suddenly there were many, many clouds and it even started raining. So I can say everything about the pic I took but not that it's nice. Take a look at it...

But if you have a luck here are some infos about view's terraces:
The tower of St. Anne's Church, view of the Old Town and the right bank, open from May till October, from 11 am till 8 pm. Tickets price: regular: 2 zl, reduced: 1 zl.
Palace of Culture and Science - panorama of Warsaw from the 30th floor, open from June till August from 9 am till 8 pm, from September till May from 9 am till 6 pm. Tickets price: regular: 15 zl, reduced: 10 zl.

Something on "no age difference"

by matcrazy1

One of the most fascinating things I experienced during a few larger VT-meetings I attended to as for now, is that sometimes quite large age difference among VT-ers who met used to easily dissaper after a few minutes. Well, 3 or even 4 generations are among VT-ers, right?

In Warsaw I was very lucky to meet personally 16-year old Tomasz or Tom (koala_bearPL) and his friend Krzysztof (not a VT-member, yet?). Despite the age difference and that we naturally used to laugh at different things, I guess, we had some both interesting and amusing talks. At least passion to travel and curiosity about other cultures, people and countries join all VT-ers, never mind their age.

I have to admit that at Tom's age I personally might have been too ashamed to attend "adult's meeting" of completely unknown to me people and I would had probably no money to order anything but soft drinks in any restaurant. But that's me in the old past :-). Good for you that you had come, Tom and Krzysztof. You guys paid attention of many VT-ers and it was great to look at you relaxed and talking with Brad, Toyin, Claus and others. We both, Urszula and I, liked you a lot. Thank you. May I see Krzysztof among VT-ers someday?

Polish Classical Chocolate Drink

by Manyana

I asked my Polish friends, 'what Poland is famous of?' They really didn't know what to say. Later on, they just invited me to find out that Poland is just as excellent and amazing as classical chocolate drink.
They have got different kinds of chocolate drinks I have never heard of; hot and cold.
I tried cold chocolate with melon and tasted 'I want more'...I just finished the whole big glass in one minute.

See my restaurant tip for more information on the Polish chocolate drink.

Comments