Hotel Witkowski

Al. Krakowska 131, Warsaw, 02-180, Poland
Hotel Witkowski
Expedia.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Warsaw

In Your Pocket - Warsaw (04.2010)In Your Pocket - Warsaw (04.2010)

Lazienki ParkLazienki Park

Golonka pieczona w piwie z opiekanymi...Golonka pieczona w piwie z opiekanymi...

Church of the Holy CrossChurch of the Holy Cross

Train station to airport

by BarbaraSS

Can you tell me the approximate time early morning by taxi from Centralna station to Chopin Airport?
Also the time from a central hotel by taxi to train station early morning.

Re: Train station to airport

by johngayton

If I remember correctly the bus only takes about 30 minutes Centralna to Airport and so a taxi should be faster, especially if early morning.

As to from your central hotel to the station - well I suppose that depends on exactly where your hotel is. The rail station IS central.

If you're staying in a half-decent hotel they'll sort all this for you.

Happy travels.

Travel Tips for Warsaw

Tourist's signs

by ZiOOlek

Warsaw is quite well marked with signs in streets for tourists. Signs are usually in two languages, in Polish and English. In places where tourists are the most gathered you should have no problem to find your destination.:)

Enjoy the old town for what it...

by richiecdisc

Enjoy the old town for what it is, a true testament to the Polish people's strength in the face of adversity. Leaving Krakow for Warsaw was not something I really wanted to do. I just could not get excited about this city that was rebuilt from rubble, no matter how hard I tried. It sounded big and sprawling, and just a tad unfriendly. I had immediately felt at home in comparatively small Krakow and going to the “big city” seemed more a chore as it came closer. Having made plans to meet a VTer a day earlier, I was running behind, so with some reluctance, hopped on the train that morning as much to meet her as to visit the city. The ride was dreary gray as I sat in a car with a group of young Polish kids exchanging animated talk and laughter. Arriving in no time, I stepped off the train, still tired from the previous night’s outing, but nervously excited at the prospect of a big and potentially confusing city. It seemed that the whole population of Warsaw was surrounding me as I anxiously looked around for my local contact. She was nowhere to be seen so I headed for the escalator and figured I might find her in the main hall or in front of the train station. As I stepped on the escalator, my gaze naturally turned upward and immediately fixed on the most amazing mane of curly, long, blonde hair I had ever seen. Though I had seen photos of her and she had similar hair, I could not believe that this angelic head of hair could indeed belong to the person I was coming to meet. Within moments, the head turned, and her blue eyes met mine. She smiled and I smiled back, and suddenly Warsaw didn’t seem so bad.

Days later after my stay that was primarily filled with gray and often-drizzly days, I woke up to bright sunshine on the day I was to leave. I debated on taking a later train back to Krakow, leaving my backpack at the pension, and going on a photo shoot to capture a brighter version of the city. I decided that I should make my way south early as it would leave the option of heading to the Tatras open. I could have taken a bus to the station or walked a straight line there, or I could do what I did, leave my camera out and zig zag my way there with camera out and backpack on, snapping the whole way. I managed to get a few good photos but in so doing, arrived at the station with just minutes before my departure time. Luckily the ticket window was empty and I secured one quickly and ran to my platform. So whatever sun you see in these pages was in that one hour jaunt, the best part going through a small park and enjoying the sun shimmer through the trees, if only for an instant.

Wilanow- have you ever been to a king`s home?

by PolishChick

King Jan III Sobieski was a hero- he saved Europe from Islam- but a controversial one- he told his wife not to take baths until he`s back from the war so he could have her "all natural"! A walk through his palace will be an enjoyable and fun walk through history of Poland and history of his life. Enjoy!

VT-caravan invaded Warsaw

by matcrazy1

After swimming naked in Finland, drinking vodka in Estonia and meeting sweet girls in Latvia and Lithuania, the VT caravan - on their way to giant London VT-meeting - arrived to Warsaw on Thursday, the 19th of January, 2006. This group consisted of 6 people of whom I knew Brad and Claus from the first European VT-meeting in Vallegio sul Mincio, Italy in May, 2005:
1. BodX - Paul from Sydney, Australia
2. bradbrown - Bradley Brown from Wichita, Kansas, USA
3. cachaseiro - Claus Andersen from Denmark
4. poons - June from Stafford, United Kingdom
5. Razmatac - Rasmus from Copenhagen, Denmark
6. Rusket - Rusket from Stavanger, Norway.

They had not been let in Belarus due to lack of transit visas and being kicked off the train to Minsk at the Lithuanian-Belarusian border they had to come back to Vilnius, Lithuania. They couldn't get visas to Belarus in Vilnius (embassy was closed that day), so they got a bus to Warsaw and surprisigly came to Warsaw a day before. They stayed in Okidoki hostel. Brad called me, or better to say Urszula :-). Later, at night, while I was busy packing, the folks had a party with Brazilians at the hostel. Brad (well known as Robocop :-) didn't sleep a lot, I guess but he was waiting for us at the Warsaw Central Station in the morning of 20th January. Thanks, Brad; after picking up Agnieszka (Aggie_K) and Tasia you know this station better than me, I guess :-). Well, there were first Brad's hugs to Urszula and me :-) and we got a taxi to Okidoki hostel where we met the rest of the group.

Pretty Petals on every street corner...

by JessH

Polish people (and also most other Eastern European nations) are extremely fond of flowers. I have known a Russian work colleague, a Slovenian friend and now our Polish acquiantances to all be extremely enthusiastic about receiving flowers, giving flowers, arranging flowers, growing flowers... I've learnt that when invited to the home of an Easten European, always bring a nice bunch of flowers & you can never go wrong :-)

In Warsaw there are plenty of professional florists, but especially in the Old Town ("Stare Miasto") you will see many old ladies with small stands selling freshly cut flowers on each & every street corner. They never seem short of customers either, no matter what time of the day or what day of the week I passed, they were doing brisk business.

In residential areas I noticed that peope had placed flower arrangement by their kitchen or dining room windows. In my hotel room I also had fresh flowers every day. We also saw boquets of flowers in many restaurants and cafes... to cut a long story short: Eastern Europe is still under the spell of FLOWER POWER!

I think this is a wonderful tradition, one that is all too quickly diminishing in the West... the impact of such a simple & inexpensive thing as some purchased or hand-picked wild flowers should never be underestimated... I never do! (Men! Buy your ladies more flowers!)

Comments