Intercontinental Warszawa

Booking.com IHG Priceline.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Jimbo222's Profile Photo

View of Palace of Science and culture

Easily accessible to the mall. Just go down and reach the train station in a few minutes. View of palace of science and culture. Location is pretty nice. Room has the intercon feel.

Unique Quality: View of palace of science and culture.

• babaobah's Profile Photo

calm and fun

Intercontinental Warswawa is one of the 5***** hotel in warsaw but it is different from the others it is near Zolote Malls which is one of the biggests mall in warsaw so this hotel is good for shopping lovers it is clean calm helpfull staff and in the loby you have free wifi which is very good the room is big good furnicured you have shower and banio in the bathe room rhe Spa fantastic in 43 floor where you can see all Warsaw lots of tourist interested points are around there is lovely bar in the hotel 3resurant with different cuisines .
    Well I can tell it is a god choise.
    Abeer

Unique Quality: SPA on your left hand and gym swimming pool jacuosi souna steam this hotel is full with all antertainment

• the gym hotel

intercontinental is a new clean fresh hotel , with amazing gym facilities , from the 42nd floor you can see an amzing view while training.
    as for the food , the breakfast is a dream .
    simply go or it.

if the hotel is full go to radisson SAS also a very nice hotel , equipted , internet everywhere , very nice gym' and the breakfast is also tasty

Unique Quality: the gym !!!

Directions: very close to a nice small shopping mall and of course to the nice noational gallary amazing building

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

Lush Lush Lush!

I am a sucker for a nice hotel, so when I looked at hotels for Warsaw, it had to be the Intercontinental! Its really really lovely.

From the first time you see the outside, you can see how unique the design of the building is, and withouth a doubt one of the nicest looking buildings in the city.
    Its conveniently located close to the Science Museum, and only a short walk from 2 subway stations.

Unique Quality: The Rooms are very large and very comfortable. The staff will go out of their way to help you, and make you feel very welcome.

The hotel has 43 floors, so all rooms have a nice view over the city. What I liked was the Gym and Pool on the 43rd floor. We went into the Jaccuzzi and had spectacular views over the city from the jaccuzzi, and it was so relaxing! Go for it!

I would really recommend visiting this hotel when you are in Warsaw, its great!

• gcs75's Profile Photo

A nice hotel

It must be an expensive one, for ca. 270-280 EUR/night. However, the tip is about the panorama: try to get a room on the side looking at the Palace of Culture and Science. As guestrooms start on the 24th floor, the panorama is great.

Directions: Next to Warsaw Central railway station and Palace of Culture and Science

More about Intercontinental Warszawa

Brilliant stay at the Intercontinental Hotel Warsaw

by TripAdvisor Member mercury50

We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel Warsaw 28th - 31st Oct. 2006. We had read some excellent reviews on Tripadvisor so we were hopeful that all would be well. Checking in was a good start with a friendly, speedy service. We had booked a triple room and were given a corner room on 31st floor with fantastic views over the city. The room was spacious and comfortable and the only small error was there were only towels for two persons, however, a telephone call quickly rectified that and in a few moments a knock at the door and we were provided with loads more towels.

The buffet breakfast is a joy and I think is the finest we have had anywhere. Fantastic choice of the freshest most delicious food, everything imaginable seemed to be available, with the dishes being constantly replenished to ensure hot food was just that 'hot' and fresh. The chef was on hand to cook omelettes, pancakes, waffles etc. I still dream of those breakfasts........

We had read a tip in Tripadvisor that if you are in Warsaw on a Sunday don't miss Sunday brunch. We booked a table for 2 p.m. and having walked miles were hungry again and what a treat was in store for us. An amazing display of food, by Polish standards it is not cheap PLN135 but believe me it is worth every cent. They had really good live music, choice of sparkling, white or red wines and and excellent choice of food.

Finally, the hotel location is excellent it is across the road from the Museum of Culture and Technology and walking distance of the Central Railway Station. A quick hop in a taxi takes you to the Old Town.

Disappointed

Based on the excellent comments on Trip Advisor I decided to book the Intercontinental in Warsaw for my trip in June. It was not the first time that I had to do business in Warsaw and I used to give preference to either the Sheraton or the Marriott in the past. Compared to the two other hotels the Intercontinental scores significant lower, the staff is overworked, no smile, food quality is below average and service unattentive. The only positive point: the view.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member iamorgan

I stayed at this hotel aa part of a business trip over the weekend 30th June - 3rd July. I had previously stayed at both the Bristol and the Marriott but never at the InterContinental. The first thing that strikes you when you walk in to the hotel, is how modern the hotel is. Black marble and smiling staff. I was soon checked in and into my room on the 41st floor. The room was fantastic, great view and comfortable bed. The whole hotel was spotless and the staff were not "in your face," but if you wanted something, you just had to ask and it would be done with a smile. I hate hotels where the staff are always crowding round you and trying to do everything for you. The swimming pool on the top floor of the hotel offers great views across the city. The only (minor) negative point in my view is that there is no turn-down service. This for me is fine, I can get in my bed myself without having it opened for me!! However, in a five-star hotel, you do expect there to be turn-down service.

Breakfast was fantastic, pleanty of choice and for a buffet, the food was suprisingly fresh. No complaints at this hotel and, with a special rate of 110EUR per room per night, INCLUDING breakfast, you really cannot go wrong!!

lovely

by TripAdvisor Member jo.el.jo

Lovely, spotlessly clean hotel. Swimming pool at the top of the hotel so you can look down on the city. Rooms had massive beds, nicely decorated. Big bathrooms with seperate showers and baths. Brilliant.

Brilliant Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Dave_T80

Went here for a lads weekend back in November 2005, 10 of us went to explore what Warsaw had to offer. Stayed in 5 twin rooms all of which were excellent.

I must say this hotel was absolutely brilliant and still fairly cheap as well! The rooms are fantastic and our room had a fantastic view over Warsaw, you really could see for miles!! Decor and quality of the room was what you would expect of a 4 or 5 star hotel, bathrooms were massive and the shower was ace!!

This was an excellent base for exploring Warsaw by day or night, and we found the staff extremely helpful whenever we needed help. The staff suggested various bars/night clubs for us to try and all proved to be good. Breakfast is fantastic with a huge selection of fresh food available.

All in all a brilliant hotel, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Great service, great room

by TripAdvisor Member arb123

I stayed here over a Saturday night in September. I booked a room for a mere 65 euros on the hotel's website. The room was perfect - large, clean, stunning view of the Palace of Culture and beyond to the Old town and the river. The service upon check-in was impeccable - I was in my room within 5 minutes of walking into the hotel. I opted for breakfast in my room and wasn't charged a penny more for doing so (breakfast was included in my rate). The bathroom was spacious with room for a separate shower and bathtub. The only odd thing to happen was that when I first arrived, a long piece of wooden paneling/skirting had fallen out of the wall in front of my door. I lodged it back into place and it didn't fall out again during my stay!

Clubbing in Warsaw

by marcsmyth

Hi Guys,

Myself and a few mates are heading to warsaw on March 31 for a few nights clubbing. we are from Scotland and ireland. We are looking for the best nightclubs in Warsaw and a 4 or 5 star hotel to stay in that is close to the best clubs/bars in town. can anyone assist?

by sihi

Hi!

There are a lots of good clubs. I have heard that Ground Zero is ok.
Hotel Jan Sobieski.

See also skyscrapers of Warsaw!!:)

RE: RE: Clubbing in Warsaw

by blawatek

We have some "clubbing streets" - alongside them many clubs and bars are located. Three are in a very center: Sienkiewicza street (Organza club, Utopia club, Sheesha bar, Lemon Bar), Foksal street ("Foksal 19 Club", Tam-Tam, Mexican, Koto,Living Room), Mazowiecka Street (Labo, Zoo, Enklawa). other clubs are also very interesting but are located pretty far away from the center ("Piekarnia" - Burakowska street in vicinity of Arkadia shopping mall, NoBo - Wilcza street, Le madame - Kozla street-close to the Old Town, M25 - Mińska street - on the right bank of the Vistula river).
All list of the Warsaw clubs You can find here:

The best located hotels in Warsaw: Intercontinental, Marriott, Holiday Inn, Polonia Palace, Novotel-Centrum (ex-Forum Hotel), Gromada-Dom Chłopa, Bristol, Sofitel Victoria. More info and on-line booking on www.visit.pl.
My favourite is Polonia Palace Hotel - direct website: http://www.poloniapalacehotel.com/
Have a good fun in Warsaw!

by AcornMan

Have a look in my travel tips under the nightlife section for some really great clubs. Enjoy your visit.

by Andrew.M

Hi there, for start try the bar called Tortilla Factory, a pretty cool place with friendly atmosphere, it's in the street Wilcza, then you can go to Cynamon, it's a club with good music and the top women, the place is a bit snobby though.Ground Zero was place where chavy guys come, can not recomend it.
In Warsaw is simetimes difficult to get in, even if you are dressed nicely and not drunk, question of luck...

Comments