Marriott Warsaw

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• kissie's Profile Photo

Two nights in Warsaw

Rooms nicely appointed, a real American Hotel. The beds had real mattresses not 2 inch foam rubber. Feels like you never left US

Unique Quality: All rooms are above 21st floor so the views are great. Be sure to get the breakfast included in your nights stay. Well worth it. The best breakfast I had for two weeks.

Directions: In the center of the city, on bus, and streetcar line

• comfortable but location not great

The hotel is very comfortable with a good spa area and good facilities. certainly not luxurious but more than adequate.

The hotel is very close to the central station and was very good location to get to and from my business meetings however i felt uneasy walking out at night although that was probably just me. I'm sure if you're street savvy then you would not have a problem but i can't think of where you would want to walk to in that area anyway.

Get a taxi to old town is my best advise.

• johnaalex's Profile Photo

Hotel with great views over Warsaw

Located in one of the tallest buildings in the country this hotel does afford some great views. My room overlooked the Palace of Culture and Science. It is also very close to the central railway station.

There is a very good Italina restaurant here (Parmizzano's) and a for a cheaper dining experience you can use the Champions sports bar or Lila Weneda (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

The Panorama bar is great place for a night cap or early evening cocktail.

The Executive lounge (for those on the Executive floors or Gold & Platinum Rewards Card holders) is one of the better ones with some nice snacks in the evening.

Unique Quality: I had seen a tip that said the corner rooms are the best to go for so I asked for one when I checked in and I was lucky enough to get one. The room was indeed a good size and very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with a bath and separate shower. Also one side of the bathroom is a large window so you can shower and enjoy the view at the same time.

Marriott Reward Platinum card holders get one free in room video per night.

The hotel also has its own casino.

Directions: Opposite the train station and Palace of Culture and Science

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Centered

Across from Central Station and inside the Lim Center high-rise, this American-style Marriott boasts a friendly English-speaking staff and fantastic views of Central Warsaw from every room.This hotel was the first Hotel build iin town after restoration.Obviously it was the first hotel which brings european standarts to tourism

• dd99's Profile Photo

Good high-class hotel...

The Marriot is a good 4-star hotel, would not go as far the the 5 star it claims - but would happily return. Seems to be more of a business hotel, judging by the number of suits at breakfast.

The room was reasonably sized but the bathroom a touch small. Sheraton Warsaw wins hands down here, nicer room and bathroom.

Staff were uniformally very curteous, with some it seemed phoney, others seemed very happy to help. Health club staff were great - very friendly.

Found the rooms for just under $90 per day on the Polish travel websites.

On the negative side - no WiFi service apart from an expensive hotel one in the lobby. Also had wired service in the room, again - not cheap. Pity they have not chosen to go with one of the main (mobile) ISPs.

Unique Quality: Free use of the health club is a big plus. This has a swimming pool (20 meters or so on length ?) with 2 jacuzzis, all very nice. Gym is well equipped and they have classes every day (do not know if this is free of charge or not).

Breakfast buffet is EXCELLENT - very wide variety, top notch. Breakfast room is also very nice and spacious. Omelette bar chef only spoke one word of English - "omelette ?'

Rooms have nice views (all on high floors) - you can ask for one with a view of the park (ie centrak train station direction).

Special concierge desk at the lobby - to answer all your questions about travel, atractions, where & what etc.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Very good hotel but not my favourite location

LOCATION
    Location sounds perfect for arriving to Warsaw by train. The hotel is located just opposite to Warsaw Central Train Station. But it's ugly and not safe at night area, at least it looked like that in 1990' when I stayed there. I had to watch for pickpockets walking short distance to the stattion with my suitcase early in the morning. I was told that it changed for better (2006).

BUILDING
    The hotel is located on top floors (21st-41st) of the skyscraper (simple and ugly one in my opinion) called officially Centrum LIM and built in 1989 (140 m = 459 ft). The name derives from the first letters of companies it houses: LOT (Polish Airlines), Illbau GmbH (an Austrian construction company) and Marriott International. But the locals say simply the Marriott and they call the Marriott together with its neighbour Intraco II or Elektrim building (officially Oxford Tower) Warsaw Twin Towers. Keep in mind that companies which house the skyscrapers and the names of them change but not in minds of many locals which naturally tend to use old, well-known names.

IMPRESSIONS
    Well, I remember it (1990') as a very good 4-star hotel mainly for business. My room was rnough large and very well equipped. I remember very serious but helpful staff and very expensive everything both in the hotel and around. I mean restaurants and shops. I didn't have time to visit the whole hotel but the view from the top floors was breathtaking. I was very satisfied about the hotel but not its location.

PRICE
    I didn't pay for myself :-), I stayed there for business (conference). But as I've checked just now (2006) expect to pay a bit over 100 euros per the least expensive room for 2 people without breakfast. It's much cheaper than in Berlin, London, Paris or Rome for such fancy hotel in central location but in Warsaw if possible... try to find a hotel in better location (close or in the Old Town) at the same or lower price.

Unique Quality: For those travelling with pets: in contrast to many Warsaw hotels they are allowed in Marriott when you pay "non-refundable sanitation fee: 20 euros." Do they wash all pets there?

There is "Panorama Club" on the top two hotel floors which offers views over Warsaw from the highest publicly available place in the city.

Some of my friends came to Warsaw by car (a mistake!) and they had to pay a lot for guarded parking lot. Now (2006) it's 32 euros daily that is a robbery in Poland! The outdoor guarded parking lot in the best location in Krakow cost over twice less.

Some my friends complained a lot about extremely high prices for taxis they called through the reception. Well, it was in 1990' when Warsaw was KTM (the Kingdom of Taxi Mafia) and hotel staff could have cooperated with them. I am sure it changed.

Directions: In downtown/centre, opposite to the Central Railway Station (Warszawa Centralna). Details here

• Gwynethart's Profile Photo

A Very Tall Tower

My description is going to be pretty subjective. I really felt my heart sink when I saw where I was going to be living for two weeks.It is really huge - 42 storeys...well, for my own taste, it was ridiculously huge, and too far from the Old Town.

I would rather have stayed at the Bristol in Old Town, which I have heard is on a smaller, cozier scale.

Unique Quality: This Marriott is in the heart of the New Town in Warsaw. It has all the amenities you could desire: huge and varied breakfast spread, decent sized rooms, clean, several restaurants, a casino, an indoor pool, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, and spa...

Here is a photo from my room on the 28th floor. There is also a view of Stalin's Ministry of Science and Culture, but I am featuring this, as you will see this...and worse...as far as I am concerned. Blech!!!

Directions: In front of the train station, you can't miss it, believe me!

• aramas's Profile Photo

Very comfortable rooms

I had a great time in this hotel. Great swimming pool/jacuzzi. The rooms are big and the beds are very comfortable. The service is very good. 5 star hotel in the middle of the city. It takes you less than 20 minutes by taxi to go to the airport.

Unique Quality: pool and jacussi, hama, gym. Very good breakfast.

Directions: In front of the main railway station.

More about Marriott Warsaw

Bardzo Dobrze!

by TripAdvisor Member Jaxxsword

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for over three months consecutively. I don't speak Polish, but got along fine. The entire staff speaks English at a generally good level.

I stayed in three different styles of rooms. The regular room is not that impressive, but there's nothing wrong with it either. A little older, but standard to any older hotel. Their executive room is the best, in my opinion, it's well worth the upgrade. These two rooms are not much different in size, however, the executive room has a remolded bathroom that is just leeps and bounds over any of the other rooms below or above in price. The two room suite is nice if you need a lot of space and the bathroom is equivalent in size to the executive room, but it's not updated. The views from all the rooms I stayed were excellent. The preferred views are on the river side, because you have a whole view of the Vistula, Old Town and the Palace of Culture (big tower building with the clock). All the beds were very comfy. I am a huge fan of comfy beds ~ you are there to sleep!

The maids are excellent. Turn down service, fold your clothes, always very efficient. You receive little chocolates on your pillows. If you are able to go to the Executive lounge for evening snacks, you will find one of the best views of Warsaw. The ladies who serve the evening appetizers are stellar.

I recommend the breakfast and the italian restaurant within the hotel, both are a little pricey, but you won't find better food nor such a variety as the breakfast. If you need a break from traditional Polish cuisine, there is an excellent Mexican food restaurant a few blocks away from the hotel called "The Tortilla Factory". I recommend a Long Island Iced Tea, while you choose your favorite dish. For all three places, all their food is great.

All the staff were tremendously helpful and friendly. Just ask politely and they'll bend over backwards to take care of you.

One of the greatest advantages of staying at this hotel for travelers is the convenience of being RIGHT across the street from the trolly system (inner city travel), the national train system (travel all over Poland and Europe from here (Krakow, Gdansk, Berlin, etc), the underground Metro is very close and the buses are all over the place. The hotel staff will charge you a slight bit more to book your tickets for you (on the train), but you won't have to deal with the hassle of waiting in line and fumbling through Polish language to book your tickets. I used the hotel twice and booked the rest myself.

The city of Warsaw felt very safe to me. I walked all over the city at all hours of the day and night. I never felt threatened once.

I've stayed at a lot of hotels at all ranges of price and I had a truely great experience at this hotel. I checked out many of the other hotels in the area and the Warsaw Marriott is definately the only hotel I would stay. In fact, the only other hotel in Poland I would consider is the Grand Hotel in Sopot, but that's waaaay north and on the beach :>

Centre & Train Station

by david_bxl

Sure I should have check the VT pages before posting a question that most likely has already been answered countless times, but now I am really in a hurry and hope you forgive me.

Flying in Warsaw late night to take erly train to attend a wedding deep in Poland, need suggestion of nice hotels or B&B VERY close to the train station for less than 100EUR but no less than 50EUR. double rooms.

On our way back, same dylema ... arriving late by train in Warsaw just for a night before taking our flight back home but this time we would like to stay in the touristic area to make the most of our few hours left in the country. Any suggestions of hotels or B&Bs in the area?

Many many thanks !

by MR68

by qaminari

You didn't mention price but the Marriott Warsaw, Radisson SAS and Holiday Inn are all close to the station: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274856-d275047-Reviews-j2-Marriott_Warsaw_Hotel-Warsaw_Central_Poland.html
The Regina (http://www.leregina.com/), the Victoria Intercontinental and the Europejski are all centrally located, a few minutes walk from the Old Town Square.

by henrykkanada

I also recommend the Metropol. It is at the intersection of Al Jerozolimskie and Marszalkowska. It is at the center of transport in Warsaw. It is a short walk to Central Station (can be mostly underground, in case of rain). On the bus route 175 to Airport and Old Town, metro, and many tram and bus routes.

by adin

Marriott and Holiday Inn are luxurious hotels located very near to the central train station and priced accordingly.
If all you need is a clean room to spend the night in and no other requirements, look for this three hotels of the same owners, from 1 to 3 stars and about 800 meters (one tram/bus stop) from the train station:

Just infront of it is the bus station of No 175 to/from the airport (but I suggest the taxi, not the bus)
Ny choice would be the cheaper and most quiet one (premiere) for the room, combined with breakfast in the best one (Kiryad). It can be arranged because it is the same owners and management.

The METROPOL suggested here is about 1000 meters from the train station (1 bus/tram stop) eastbound, in the very center of Warsaw. On the other side of the roundabout there is the Novotel-Centrum which is much nicer (to my opinion) then the METROPOL.

RE: RE: Centre & Train Station

by david_bxl

excellent suggestions, many thanks !!!!!!!!

Comments