Value Score No Data
Good For No Data
Modest *** Hotel
The hotel, built in 1993 is placed in a very convenient place, right in the center of Warsaw. It is surrounded by repulsive blocks of flats but never mind :-) Mercure offers decent accomodation at reasonable price.
Unique Quality: Here's what they say at Worldres Lodging:
252 rooms. 10 stories.
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Check In/Check Out
12:00 / NOON / 12:00 / NOON
Children age 12 and older are charged at the same rate as adults.
This is a non-smoking property.
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
A credit card is required to book online. Cancellation policies may vary due to availability and rate booked. When making reservations, please read the rate rules given immediately after selecting a specific rate. Policies are provided before the reservation is complete.
Good night under Chopin`s eye
This hotel was refit in 1999. It is a typical expensive hotel with private bath and satellite-TV in every room. A buffet breakfast is included in the room price. There are 252 rooms in 9 floors in Mercure Chopin. There are also non-smoking rooms available. The hotel is located near shoping streets and within walking distance from the Old Town. In the hotel there are also 3 restaurants and a lobby bar where you can drink classic cocktails.
Unique Quality: It was a pleasure to watch the bartender of the lobby bar when he was preparing suberb cocktails for the customers! If you are a friend of cigars, don't hesitate to ask. You might be suprised that there are great Cubans available.
More about Mercure Fryderyk Chopin
me again- hotel question
I have narrowed it down to:
Mercure Fryderyk Chopin
Hotel Czarny Kot
I am wanting to know if there are any "Avoid at all costs" warnings for any of the above hotels; and I am wanting to know if anyone can say if I'll get my money's worth at the above places. I am looking for something in between super-cheap and the Bristol/Meridien.
I've read mixed reviews on Czarny Kot. I don't mind so much if a place is somewhat eccentric. I'd like a place that is comfortable, has helpful staff, and is mostly centrally located.
Re: me again- hotel question
If you are not on a tight budget and want it to be centrally located, I can recommend:
* Stay away of praski hotel. Not very advisable part of the city.
* Czarny Kot (the black cat) is fine, although not in the very center but on the oposite side of the "babka" / Radoslawa roundabout, 150 meters from one of the most popular malls in Warsaw. Lot of places to grab a lunch and many places for your daughter to make a hole in your wallet...............:-)
They have some construction works at the adjacent wall nowadays but it shoul not make any problems. To get to the center/old town it will take 20-25 min ride on the electric street car.
* MDM hotel on constitution square is most centraly located, with many places to eat arround and excellent access to everything by public transport. Only 12-15 min by foot to SMYK (with all its 4 floors dedicated to children's toys). same to Lazienki park. only 10 min by tram to Saski park.
* Mazowiecki hotel, once guest rooms for high ranking officers of Polish army and now privately owned as "sister hotel" to the more fancy "belwederski" hotel, is situated in the very ceter of the center of Warsaw. Simple and to-the-point place. Just 2 min on foot to all trams and busses going on Marszalkowska and swietokrzyska streets, and several minutes to everything in the center. Only 2 doors from Tygmont jazz club. Only 2 min to nearest McJunk (a.k.a. Mc Donald)joint, to Sphinx mid-level but good and mid-priced restaurant, and "Marak" joint of soups which one of the half liter bowls they give is a full lunch by itself.
More info here:
Re: me again- hotel question
Forgot another one, close to MDM in its price level:
Gromada "Dom Chlopa"
excellent location (in fact, 600 meters south to "mazowiecki"), higher standard and priced accordingly. 50 meters from WEDEL heaven of sweets and chocolate and 200 meters from SMYK.
Anyway, don't forget to show your daughtet the 'winnie the pooh' street.
It is 'Kubusia Puchatka' in Polish. It is the small street going right just before corner of 'Swietokrzyska' and 'Nowy Swiat' (by Swietokrzyska 21).
Popular Hotels in Warsaw
Emilii Plater 49, Warsaw
Krakowskie Przedmiescie 42/44, Warsaw
Jerozolimskie 45, Warsaw
Al. Jana Pawla II 21, Warsaw
Explore the World
- Earl's Court Youth Hostel
- Faro Blanco Marine Resort
- Kiwi Lodge
- North Maple Inn At Basking Ridge
- Comfort Suites Schaumburg
- La Meridiana
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- The Coeur d'Alene Resort
- Ramada DFW Airport South Irving
- 360 Degree Beach Retreat
- Best Western Holiday Motel
- Cornelia De Luxe Resort
- Airport International Inn