Novotel Waszawa Centrum

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Backpacking Budget Travel Wine Tasting
See Amenities

Did not deliver on the promise

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 23, 2012

I followed the advice from other guests' reviews to take a room with the view on the soviet-build palace. That was my main reason for choosing this hotel. What a disappointment: they have just installed a big ad banner that covers the entire wall of this 30-floor hotel! The view through the banner is rather fuzzy, not to mention the added colors. What the hotel management was thinking!!! Skip Hotel Novotel Warszawa Centrum for now - come when the banner is gone.

stevemt's Profile Photo

Good hotel

by written on March 13, 2011

Good hotel and so central to everything. There are a range of cafe's/bars/restaurants well within walking distance as well as the bars and restaurants in the hotel.

For a short stay, very worthwhile.

HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Novotel Warszawa Centrum

by written on October 10, 2010

On my second trip to Warsaw in May 2010, we chose to stay in the Novotel Warszawa Centrum, due to its excellent central location and an incredible good deal.

We booked the hotel through http://www.booking.com/ where a double room including breakfast was only 209 PLN (ca. 50 Euro). This was the best available deal. Usually the rooms are much more expensive and don't include breakfast, which then costs an extra of about 15 Euro. The hotel has more than 700 rooms on 30 floors.

We were more than happy with the place, especially with the clean and large rooms, the buffet style breakfast and the central location. The very best of our room was the view towards the Palace of Culture and Science. On arrival we asked for a room on one of the upper floors which obviously wasn't a problem.

Directions: The Novotel Warszawa Centrum is situated more or less right in the city centre of Warsaw. The main train station and the Palace of Culture and Science are within a few minutes walk. It takes a pleasant 20 minutes walk to the old town area.

alancollins's Profile Photo

Central Location

by written on December 2, 2009

This hotel seems to have had mixed reviews in the past. I booked up via the hotel’s website and got a really good deal. On arrival I asked at the reception if we could have a room above the 20th floor and away from the lifts as this was the advice I had received. As we arrived a bit earlier there was not a room available that met our requirements, but after a coffee and a short wait in the reception we were summoned to the desk and given a room that was exactly what we wanted. It was a standard room with plenty of space for our luggage and besides the Queen sized bed there were 2 armchairs, a table and 2 chairs for use with the work top. It had tea and coffee making facilities, a mini bar and flat screen television which had 28 channels in 5 different languages and a room safe. The en-suite came with a bath, shower and a hairdryer as well as the usual facilities. The room was cleaned daily and was re-supplied with clean towels, shampoo, soap, coffee, milk and tea. The room was in good decorative order and was clean and tidy. The views from the room were spectacular but were occasionally spoilt by the mist. The room was slightly too warm for us and this might be a problem in the summer as the air conditioning is a bit weak and with the window open it could be noisy because of the traffic in the street below. The room appear to be solidly built and there were no problems with noise from the corridor or neighbours. There were 3 high speeds lifts to reach the upper floors. The deal included breakfast. The restaurant is nicely laid out with a large selection of hot and cold food buffet to suit every ones taste. The reception is spacious, equipped with wi-fi but it only has 2 free computer terminals. The staff were always pleasant, greeted you and were more than happy to help. I would recommend this hotel to other travellers because of its reasonable price, central location and easy access to public transport

Unique Quality: Above the twentieth floor you can get some great views of the city.

Directions: Located by the Centrum bus/tram/metro stops. 5 minutes walk from the Palace of Culture and Science.

Best polish chain

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 20, 2007

I had one stay at Novotel Centrum, but I know this chain is very popular among my friends. I can say it is good hotel for business people and tourists. The service is kind, there are lot of things to do around the hotel.

Unique Quality: Novotel is situated at the corner of the business and communication center of Warsaw. Behind the hotel there is old town.

Directions: Center of Warsaw. Close to Railway and Metro Station.

One of Warsaw's really good hotels

by written on January 28, 2007

We took a 7 day tour of Poland in September 2006; we also stayed 3 extra days in Warsaw to do some genealogy. Orbis put us in touch with a very reputable licensed historical researcher who was very helpful but expensive. We were very satisfied with Novotel Centrum - the meals were terrific; the buffet breakfast was very substantial; their lobby is very busy with tour groups coming and going every day it seemed. Very clean surroundings; the staff was very helpful; most could speak English; we felt safe walking around even at night - there is a small casino about a block away. I would recommend the Novotel Centrum Hotel in Warsaw.

Unique Quality: Close to the subway; or trolley; cabs are readily available also; nice restaurants nearby but our tour package included most meals; I thought the retail stores were very pricey; in fact I know I could buy the items for less money back in the states - especially the Polish pottery.

Directions: Center of Warsaw; short walk to everything

matcrazy1's Profile Photo

More cons than pros

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 14, 2006

I was accommodated in this 3-star hotel in late 1990' and I had mixed impressions, mostly bad. The best news was that I wasn't forced to pay for myself :-), I was there for a professional meeting. Well, the room for 2 without breakfast costs now (February, 2006) 60 (weekends) - 70 euros per night which is a good deal as for Warsaw and the only reason I'd eventually stay there again.

I didn't like the location of that hotel - in ugly, busy, unpleasant downtown, not very safe at night that time and very, very expensive. I forgot cosmetics and had to buy them, at least shaving cream and some nice aroma. I was a bit shocked to see prices some 3 times higher than in my hometown (for basic shaving cream) in hotel shop on the ground floor and then 1.5-2 times higher prices (even for juice in cartoon) in nearby not fancy supermarket and shoping mall Wars and Sawa.

I had to wait quite long in a line to check in. The hotel management knew well that many people would come for that meeting about the same time but didn't do anything about it. The staff was OK, but not that friendly as in other Warsaw hotels, somewhat sad guys. We were feed in that hotel (catering) and the food of great choice was excellent, bravo!

The room itself was nice, well equipped (small TV-set with cable and pay TV, hair fryer, minibar etc.), not very large but comfortable with pretty bathroom. The air-condition in hotel rooms is centrally controlled. I used to sleep in a bit higher temperatures than 20C but I couldn't warm up my room in the morning and I even called the reception and told them that's a bit cold, they said OK, and... nothing happened.

The worst was that the hotel staff (management as well, I guess) cooperated with taxi mafia in late 1990'. They called for extremely expensive taxis of the same one company sometimes with rude taxi drivers - many people complained a lot about it. Well, it's a historical tip now. I am sure it changed.

Unique Quality: Warning: this hotel was called FORUM (4-star that time) in not so old past and some people may not know the new name.

Some women in expensive hotel drink bar gently offered their expensive and somewhat unsexy bodies to me and some of my friends but they were refused.

The skyscraper which houses the hotel (the second oldest one in downtown which housed the first luxury hotel in communist Poland) is called sometimes a chocolate bar and gave me unplesant view to the Stalin's gift, Palace of Culture and Science. Well, for a foreign visitor it may be interesting to see part of Moscow through the hotel window, I guess :-).

Directions: In downtown, very close (southeast) of Palace of Culture and Science. Map here

Most Central in Warsaw

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 12, 2005

Novotel is the former Hotel Forum, built in 1974 by a Swedish firm as the first luxury hotel in communist Poland. The skycraper was recently completely renovated and is now run by French Accor group under the brand Novotel. More than 700 business-oriented rooms. If you are lucky you will get a room high up in the building with a view of Stalin's Cultural Palace.
Best of all: On weekends it can be a real bargain to stay here. I got my room for 85 euro (without breakfast) at the Accor web site, but I have seen offers at agents (eg staypoland.net) for about 55. However, when I stayed there in October 2005 noisy work was still going on within the buiding. The workers started drilling near my room at 7 in the morning. When I complained, I was told that at the end of November everything would be ok.

Lucky79's Profile Photo

easy to navigate ... easy to use

by written on March 10, 2003

Finding accommodations in Warsaw is not a hard thing to do. Since the fall of communism Poland has become a real transit point between the East and the West. As a result many new accommodations, of all kinds, sprang up. Whether hotel, youth hostel, motel, camping grounds, or a private apartment you should not have problems with finding a bed in Warsaw

Unique Quality: a great hotel !!!

Directions: there is a Novotel near airport, too :)

kenbac's Profile Photo

Forum Hotel,

by written on August 25, 2002

Average £100 Ir.
(We stayed 2 weekday nights at a higher rate and 2 weekend nights at a discounted rate.)

Unique Quality: Modern high rise Business Class Hotel, with all that you expect. Very pleasant staff with good English. A lot of style to this Hotel. Great views from the rooms higher up.
Smashing breakfast.
Mazurkas Travel have an office in the foyer, which could be useful.

Directions: Nowogrodzka 24/26
Right in the heart of the business sector at the junction of Marslazalkowska (Marshall St.) and Aleje Jerozolimskie (pedestrian access from here).

Nearby Novotel Waszawa Centrum

Novotel Waszawa Centrum

• Novotel Warsaw
  • Warsaw Novotel
  • Novotel Hotel Warsaw
  • Novotel Hotel Warszawa Centrum
  • Novotel Warszawa Centrum Hotel Warsaw

Address: ul Marszalkowska 94-98, (formerly Forum Hotel), Warsaw, Central Poland, 00-510, Poland

16 Photos of Novotel Waszawa Centrum

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Warsaw Travel Forum

Need advice about Warsaw, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Warsaw and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Warsaw hotel reviews