Hotel Ambasador

townhalltownhall

Hotel PoloniaHotel Polonia

From Rzeszow to Tomaszow Lubelski

by letsgothere1973

Does anybody know how to get from Rzeszow to Tomaszow Lubelski by train? I want to travel by Ryanair and then get local transport. I don't really want to get a bus, although all my Polish friends swear by them!
Thanks:)

by leics

is in English and has a link to their online rail timetable.

You should be able to work out train connections from that.

by letsgothere1973

Wow, what a quick reply. Thanks. I've had a look at that site but it doesn't look like Tomaszow Lubelski has a train station that they know about. I don't know the region at all so have no idea where the nearest place with a station might be. Can anybody help with a train station nearby??
Thanks

by leics

Thought that myself.

But have just checked a hotel website....it does seem to have one. Try entering 'Tomaszó Lubelski' in the routeplanner (copy & paste). Sometimes they want the exact spelling

by evaanna

There is no rail line going to Tomaszow Lubelski, the nearest station is Belzec, from where you will have to take a bus. Sorry.

by evaanna

I have just checked the train timetable and at the moment there is only one through train from Rzeszow to Belzec daily (leaving Rzeszow at 2 pm. but the railway timetable changes on 13 December so this may change too). Otherwise, you will have to change trains.

by Wlad

Good evening,

There is a direct train from Rzeszow to Zamosc that departures at 13.47. The journey takes ca. 5h.

There is about 40 km from Zamosc to Tomaszow Lubelski and you should take a bus to get there.

Have a nice stay in Poland,

Wlad

by evaanna

It seems that we are talking about the same train. It leaves Rzeszów at 13.47 (I made a mistake before) and goes to Zamość via Belzec. The trip to Belzec takes only just over 3 hours and Belzec is much closer to Tomaszow than Zamosc.
So I don't see why he should go as far as Zamosc and then go back by bus. Surely there are some buses to Tomaszow from Belzec?

by evaanna

It seems that I shouldn't have used Polish letters. The train goes to Zamosc via Belzec.

by Wlad

I have checked train and bus timetables and it seeems like going to Belzec is much faster way to get to Tomaszow Lubelski.

Zamosc can be a good of the beaten path place to visit.

greetings,

Travel Tips for Rzeszow

Significant Crossroads

by Pawtuxet

"A Town I associate with business & transportation"

We passed through Rzeszow as I searched for my grandfather's village. We had driven south in a rental car, explored Czestochowa, Pajezno, and a few other little places. We headed for Rzeszow by train from Krakow and planned a short stay in Rzeszow while we explored yet another village nearby. When we finished our mission, we boarded the train from Rzeszow back to Warsaw. The thing about Rzeszow is that it is a very good connecting town when on route to north, east, south or west. We weren't there long enough to enjoy its ammenities, altho we did walk a fair distance to find a little internet location. At the time, there weren't many places to log on, but this little tiny building had several computers and it was very inexpensive to connect for a half hour or so.

"a bit about Rzeszow..."

from the city's web site...
"Rzeszów is an economic, scientific and cultural centre of southeastern Poland, the capital of the Podkarpackie Province and the seat of the Authorities of the Catholic Diocese. With an area of 97,6 Sq. Km. and population of about 173,000 it is one of the largest cities in this region. The location in the wide Wislok River valley, on the border of the Sandomierska Basin and the Carpathian Foothills, the two physical geographical units stand in contrast with each other, dividing the region into two parts differing in topography and nature. In the south, the horizon line of the city is marked by the Strzyzowsko-Dynowskie Plateau, divided by the winding valley of the Wislok River. In the north, a natural depression, called the Podkarpacie Trough then rises into the Kolbuszowski Tableland, which is largely covered with forests of the former Sandomierska Primeval Forest. The proximity to the southern and eastern frontiers makes Rzeszów an important communication centre. "

Comments