Icam House

Rejtana 1, Rzeszow, 35-326, Poland
Icam Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Rzeszow

Revolutionary Monument ..Revolutionary Monument ..

Rzeszow RynekRzeszow Rynek

Possible to cross Slovakian border by train?

by Drugness

Hello all
I'm considering flying to Rzeszów as a means to get to Eastern Slovakia more easily than flying to Kosice with Sky Europe since the difference in prices is considerable. But my question is this;
Is there a train which runs from Rzeszów to Svidnik in Slovakia? I'm very keen to visit this area as there is a lot of history behind it.
I'm wondering how long a train journey to there would be, if it's possible. Or would i have to get a bus?
Also, if anyone knows an easier or quicker way to get to Svidnik i'd be happy to hear it as i don't get too much time off work! :)
Thanks to you all
DG

Re: Possible to cross Slovakian border by train?

by qaminari

There is no railway station in Svidník. Buses run to and from Prešov and Košice as well as Bardejov, Medzilaborce and Humenné.
By train from Rzeszów it takes 5h23 to Presov and 6h23 to Kosice, in both cases changing in Tarnow.

Re: Possible to cross Slovakian border by train?

by Drugness

Ok thanks
But does the bus go through Svidnik or must i go somewhere else to get it?
I looked at the route that the train takes to get between Rzeszów and Kosice. Pretty crazy. So a bus definitely seems better! :)

Travel Tips for Rzeszow

Rzeszów - my hometown

by pietras

Hello! My name is Peter and I am 33 years old. I live in Rzeszów - the capital of the Podkarpackie Province, which is in the south - east of Poland. I work as a teacher at primary school. My hobby is photography. I also like mountain hikes, especially in Bieszczady and Beskid Niski - one of the most beautiful mountains in our country.

Comments