Campanile - Katowice

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 50% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Katowice

Cathedral of Christ the KingCathedral of Christ the King

Church of St. Michael Archangel, belltowerChurch of St. Michael Archangel, belltower

Kawiarnia Akant - cafe in KatowiceKawiarnia Akant - cafe in Katowice

"Pierogi z miesem" - Dumplings stuffed with meat"Pierogi z miesem" - Dumplings stuffed with meat

Public Transport Krakow - Katowice Airport

by JaredRSydney

Hello,

I've read a lot of information about people travelling away from Katowice but not travelling to. I would assume it would be the same but in reverse though am not having much luck!

I have a flight leaving on a Saturday morning at 10:55am.

I have found this train:

Train from Krakow Glowny to Katowice at 6:35am arriving 8:25am (4/9) TLK36104

What I've read from Wikipedia (yes, not a really reliable source) is that buses take 50minutes from central station to the airport and depart on the hour. Is this correct?

Would I therefore be able to catch the bus from Katowice at 9:00am arriving around 9:50am? That gives me just over an hour. Is that cutting it too fine?

Is there an easier option to get to the airport from Krakow? Thanks so much - a lot of the information I've found online is very old.

by leics

It might be easier to take a bus direct to the airport from Krakow.

The airport page has info and links in English:

I'd want to be at the airport a couple of hours before departure, to be honest......especially if you are flying with a budget carrier. Check-in closes 40 minutes before departure, so an hour leaves you very little leeway.

If you decide to take the train, I'd go for the 0605 (I can't see a 0635 departure) or (being a cautious soul) the 0535.

Train times and details in English here:

or here:

by leics

The bus journey from Katowice itself to the airport does take 50 minutes, by the way.

The O630 Whizzair bus departure from Krakow is timed for the 10.55 flight:

You don't have to be flying with Whizzair to use it, but it would be a good idea to book online beforehand.

The Whizzair service from Katowice station takes only 35 minutes, less time than the 'ordinary' bus.

by JaredRSydney

Thank you very much!

This is exactly what I was looking for but for some reason last time I used the search engine it didn't work?

Your advice is very much appreciated.

You're welcome.

:-)

Travel Tips for Katowice

The Online Katowice Map

by arantha

If you are looking for the object, building or a street in Katowice, you can easy find it on the online city map. You just have to write the location you are looking for in the place I marked on the picture and press the button "szukaj".

Good luck! :-)

Hospitality

by tini58de

The hospitality that I experienced in Silesia was absolutely awesome!

My Polish family did EVERYTHING for me - they invited me to stay at their house, I even had a room to myself, they invited me to dinner and made the most delicious breakfast and lunch, they showed me around and gave me so many presents that I had to buy a larger suitcase!!!

Other people who I met at the bone marrow meeting were very friendly and sweet, something that I had not really expected! They came up to me to talk to me, they even tried to speak German - so there was no such thing like a Polish-German antipathy!

I really felt so welcome there - thank you - dziękuję za wszystko!

Climate in Katowice

by Leipzig

There is no special rainy season

Avg. Temp. in Spring: max.: 6 – 18°C ( 43 - 64°F ); min: 0 - 8°C ( 32 - 47°F )
Avg. Temp. in Summer: max.: 19 – 22°C ( 66 - 71°F ); min: 10 - 12°C ( 50 - 53°F )
Avg. Temp. in Autumn: max.: 4 – 17°C ( 39 - 62°F); min: 0 - 8°C ( 32 – 47°F )
Avg. Temp. in Winter: max.: 1 – 3°C ( 33 - 38°F); min: -3 - -1°C ( 27 - 30°F )

My family is one of those less...

by Wiktoria

My family is one of those less common families in Poland where different members decided to move to different parts of both the world (me:-))) and Poland. Two of my dad's siblings and their spouses and kids moved to Tychy which is a town situated close to Katowice (sort of like a suburb). Tychy is not a spectacular place (meaning not many historic places to see). The proximity of Katowice as well as nice countryside makes it interesting though. There are many nice places to go out to in Katowice. Also, some of the best concerts in Poland take place in SPODEK (concert/event 'hall' or arena).

Church of St. Barbara in Giszowiec

by ZiOOlek

The first parish for citizens of Giszowiec was St. Anna in Janow (from 1910 to the end of WW II). In 1947 the church of Stanislav Kostka in Giszowiec was built. The church of St. Barbara was founded in 1983 and sacryfied in 1984.

Comments