Diament Katowice

DAO's Profile Photo

REALLY NICE

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 11, 2014

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. I walked out of the very faded rail station and found the hotel was just 3 minutes’ walk away. As soon as I entered I was greeted like it was a 6 star luxury hotel. I asked for a quiet room and this was duly arranged. My room was very modern and pleasant. The bed was good, I had coffee and tea, a TV and a nice bathroom. So the basics were covered. My room faced out over a small internal courtyard – so I could tick off ‘quiet room’ on my list. After I put my bags away, I went to reception to ask for sites and restaurants. They produced a map and several recommendations. When I came back to the hotel, it was absolutely silent and I had a good night’s sleep. The next morning I went down to their beautiful dining room to a fantastic breakfast buffet. There were a multitude of Polish delicacies in glass covers. I had a little sample of everything. A definite plus and its included in the price of your room.

The Diament Plaza is an excellent hotel with very professional and friendly staff. It does what a good hotel should do – provide you with a quiet and restful stay. They also won the Venere.com Top Clean Hotel award in 2013.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
• Walking distance to everything and quiet
• 45 air conditioned and spotless rooms
• Free Wi-Fi
• Restaurant Polska – serving delicious looking local cuisine
• Rooms have tea and coffee making set, minibar, bathroom with bathtub or shower, hair dryer
• Single, double, junior suits and an apartment are available
• Conference rooms with full business/catering support with a capacity of 70 delegates
• Guarded car park within 50m

Directions:
300 meters from the train station on level ground

Clean, efficient property amidst a tatty city

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2006

I stayed at the Hotel Diament Katowice for six nights during early July 2006. Whilst not situated in the most salubrious area - although it could be said that this description applies to most of Katowice - the hotel is pleasant. It has an air of modernity, and seems to be aimed mainly at the cost-conscious business traveller. The hotel is clean and the restaurant well above average - although the hotel's management is not above hiring the restaurant out to parties, leaving guests to eat in a smaller side room when this happens.

Directions: Near to the train and bus stations, and a short walk from the city's main square.

Nearby Diament Katowice

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast

Katowice Travel Forum

Need advice about Katowice, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Katowice and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Katowice hotel reviews