Silesia Hotel

Theme Park Trips National/State Park Business Travel

Communist era leftover

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 2, 2006

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel in May of 2005. The hotel is very easy to find when you are in the city, and upon entrance, it was decent. When I walked into the lobby, I felt like I stepped back in time some 40 years, which isn't exactly comforting, given the location of the establishment. The hotel staff was kind and so was the restaurant staff. My room key looked like a huge hall pass from high school which I found a bit amusing, but irrelevant to the stay. I did find a couple of small bugs in my bed, and the showerhead was broken, and the shower curtain wasn't big enough, so by the end of the shower, I had the Atlantic Ocean in the bathroom. If you want to stay somewhere more modern, check out the Qubus down the road, which looked really cool when I walked through it.

Unique Quality: I don't know much about the city, but the location seemed good. It is not too far from Spodek or the main park containing Silesia Stadium.

dd99's Profile Photo

Standard Orbis Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 21, 2005

A standard Orbis hotel. Room was OK, shower + tub in a nice newish bathroom. Room was of course old and a touch shabby, but spacious. Facing towards the main street it was quite noisy with the window open, but the double glazing was soundproof (when closed !).

Reception staff were mostly surly (but efficient).

Breakfast was fine. nothing special. High marks for having low-fat milk.

Unique Quality: Internet room avilable (free). Idea wifi service (had to buy cards - at the local store since the hotel was out !) working in room most of the time.

TV had CNBC only, not BBC world, not CNN..

The rolls at breakfast were TERRIBLE - always stale (4 days running !). This takes some doing, especially when there is a hotel bakery around the corner !!! I ended up going to the supermarket before breakfast and bringing my own..

Directions: Main street near stadium, opposite Katwoice hotel

6 Photos of Silesia Hotel

Katowice Travel Forum

Need advice about Katowice, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Katowice and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Katowice hotel reviews