al. Wojska Polskiego 75, Szczecin, Baltic Coast, 70-481, Poland

VikingsVikings

ravioliravioli

Local buses

Hi,
In September I will be finishing a kayak trip started last year and ending in Trzebiez. I have to get back to Trzebiez from Szczecin; hopefully by bus. I understand the train no longer runs on the tracks I see on my map. I guess there is a bus station near the train station in Szczecin. Can I get a bus from there? Do you know how often it runs and what it's number is?

by 68maciek

(go to 'kontakt').Very detailed description but in Polish.If you need more help with this let me know.

Hi again and thank you!
I don't read Polish but I gather there is a bus #107 that goes from Police to Trzebiez quite often. It wasn't clear how I get from the Szczecin bus station to Police. Did I misunderstand? Thanks again!

by 68maciek

almost- perfect Polish understanding (but not quite :-).
Szczecin railway-> tram no3 (Niebuszewo) 4 stops to Hotel Radisson (plac Rodła)-> bus 107 or F (Police- Kinga shopping mall)->local bus to Trzebiez

by smitbet

Wonderful! I think I got it. I couldn't make out what the Radisson Hotel was doing in there but now I see. To make things easier for myself I will probably get a taxi to the Radisson with my 40 pounds of gear and kayak. I really appreciate all your help.
Thanks again!

by Jawnuta

Oh, Dude,
They will NEVER let you take your kayak on the bus!!!! You can't even take a bicycle on the bus in Poland.
Forget it!!!!
The best thing is to take a taxi all the way. Just ask taxi drivers at front of the station and try to bargain a good price for yourself. It really shouldn't be too much.

Travel Tips for Szczecin

Basilica

by sihi

(picture coming soon)
This Cathedral is the largest church in Szczecin. It has an atmosphere that makes you think you are somewhere in 13century. Szczecin also has a lot of smaller churches. Some of these are very beautiful, especially in the inside.

Chess

by ZiOOlek

This is an atmosphere of Szczecin that there are special tables on squares where people may sit and play chess or cards... It is really nice view when you see old people sitting and playing togeter rather than drinking in bar or so... :)

European Twins Festival in Szczecin

by sprdak11

Twins, triplets, and quadruplets from across the European continent and all of the world are all invited for a weekend of fun and festivities - celebrating the most loved and the most special people. This festival is organised annually in Szczecin for a few years so far and each year is getting more and more popular.
Expect a twin barbecue, twin bonfire, twin talent contest, twin bonding and much more.
To be invited you have to be a twin or multiple!
It takes place each August.

The light athletic stadium in Szczecin

by sprdak11

We have a really nice and modern light athletic stadium in Szczecin. In summer some sports competitions take place here, both Polish and international, like European Cup Combined Events (you can watch some movies from this competition at my website at YouTube - the link below)

All hands to the pump.

by planxty

I saw a number of these rather ornate waterpumps all over Szczecin. I thought they were only decorative but, as the photo shows by the water on the ground, at least some of them are functional. Obviously, we didn't test all of them, but this particular one is just opposite the main door of the Basilica near ul. Farna.

The ex Mrs-p is seen here keeping herself warm on what was a bitterly cold day.

Comments