Praia da Oura Apartado 827, Albufeira, Algarve, 8201, Portugal

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Has everything you need from an appartment

Every time i go to Albufeira o stay at Clube Praia Da Oura, It has amazing views, its situated pretty much on the beach, has a great big pool. Jacuzzi, sauna, bar's a great atmosphere, it has everything i would want from an apartment and its so close to the strip and the shops

Unique Quality: pool. sauna, jacuzzi, bowling green,

More about Clube Praia da Oura

We stayed in the Oura Praia...

by oneonta_ni

We stayed in the Oura Praia apartments - a 4 star complex. The apartments were really nice and spacious and we had a lovely view. The beach was about a 10 min walk down a hill but it was worth being farther away. I was very glad we did not stay in the Club Praia da Oura complex - it was very large and busy. I would have thought it was very noisy as well.

The photo is of our view of the ocean from our balcony. Just to either side - outside of the shot were large cranes and building sites. These, however, were not noisy and did not adversely affect our stay. Large and comfortable apartments, kitchen had all utensils and microwave.

Praia Da Oura Beach

by Geoff_Wright

This is the beach at Praia Da Oura,, the closest beach to our apartment at Santa Eulalia, and about 10 minutes' walk. For more info on Praia Da Oura see my separate page.

Praia da Oura beach

by JulesRules

The Praia da Oura beach is just lovely. The sand is golden, so are the rocks that make the bay. The sea has some stones in it, but no rocks so you don't need water sandals.

The beach is not very large and the large difference between low and high tide make the beach quite narrow later in the afternoon. Just do go sit on the waterfront from morning till evening or make sure you keep your eye on the tide to prevent your stuff getting wet.

Right above the beach there are three restaurants/bars that have umbrellas for breakfast, lunch, diner or just drinks.
Behind that, in the street there's a little open 'mall': just some touristic shops together offering you the usual.

The weather in September (2009) was still very good - even quite hot. Daytime it was over 30 degrees C and you might want to use an umbrella on the beach.

The water of the Atlantic Ocean near Algarve is just lovely. Not as cold as the North Sea but not as warm as the Mediteran.
Although Praia da Oura is a bay technically, it has quite some waves.

The beach is 'occupied' by English and Dutch until the afternoon; most Portugese people arrive after 1600 hrs.

Visit the town of Albufeira. ...

by oneonta_ni

Visit the town of Albufeira. Yes, it is quite touristy but we found it a nice place to spend the afternoon. There are plenty of restaurants, a nice beach and some interesting architecture. We also found a nice walk around the coast on the rocks which was meant to take us to a cave where the Moors hid during an attack but we did not walk all the way along it. If you head East from the beach, you can walk along the rocks to Praia da Oura. These walks, however, are not suitable to children under 10 and you should wear sturdy shoes.

We also found a nice restaurant in town, I have added info on it under 'Restaurants'.

Packing List

by oneonta_ni

The weather in May was very changeable. Early in May there was snow in Monchique (the mountains above the coast) for the first time ever. The following week, I am told it was quite wet. We went the third week in May and had 2 afternoons of rain but it was still quite warm. I preferred this as I don't like the heat. I found the cool breezes and occasional clouds quite nice. In summer, it can be quite warm - around the mid 30'sC. The ocean is the Atlantic (the Mediterranean doesn't start until Gibralter) and can be cool. Praia da Oura has an international medical centre on site so this is the best place to go if you are unwell. If you are from the UK, don't forget your E111 form. We stayed in an apartment but there were campsites in the area.

Top Marks

by TripAdvisor Member Kizwhit

Top marks to the Clube Praia da Oura for a very enjoyable stay. The complex is nicely laid out and superbly maintained. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment and found it to be spacious. I've never known such well-catered apartments before. The staff were excellent and friendly at the reception desk, with Joao at the Pool Bar providing exceptional customer service and information about the area. The beach is clean and very beautiful and its a short bus ride or a half hour walk around to Albufeira itself. The Clube have a kids club and provide activities for all the family. Also the meal we had in Jackie's Brasserie was amazing. All in all, 10 out of 10 and we can't wait to go again.

Would thoroughly recommend CPO

by TripAdvisor Member justback1234

I read the reviews on Club Praia da Oura before booking our holiday and found them to be really helpful, so I just had to leave my own positive thoughts on this fab resort.
I stayed at CPO a few weeks ago with my 14 year old daughter. Since it was our first ever foreign holiday, we were a bit nervous as to what to expect, but we thoroughly enjoyed the whole Portugal experience.
The apartments were basic, but very clean and prettily decorated, and the resort itself was absolutely beautiful. The staff were always very helpful and went out of their way for you without hesitation. We found the portugese to be really lovely wherever we went.
As for Albufeira, it is a very tourist-orientated town, very lively, and my daughter loved it. You do get tortured a bit on the strip to come in for a meal or a drink!
Some great shops, restaurants and nightlife on the strip, or if you prefer a quiet meal and a drink, stick with the village at the top of the resort. We really enjoyed the italian pizzeria. We took some excursions through our travel company, Slide and Splash and Zoomarine were worth a visit, these worked out to be really good value.
However, I would not recommend the half-day excursion to Loule Market. We were charged extortionate transport for a 2-hour shopping trip to a market you could find anywhere in UK. The town of Loule itself is very old and quaint, and definitely worth a visit, but I would arrange my own transport in future, as we didn't get to spend much time.
All in all, we loved CPO and had a fab time. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, although now we have the travel bug, we will probably try some other countries before we return. It will definitely be hard to beat!

Great value for money

by TripAdvisor Member alison2208

Booked a last minute holiday to CPO on the recommendations on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. For a 3 star holiday it is great value. The reception on arrival is a bit off putting, it does not do the rest of the resort justice, and does not give a good first impression. However it is due for a planned upgrade. The hotel has all been upgraded in recent years. Our studio was basic, but comfortable and well equipped. The staff were pleasant. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and very well maintaned. It is built on a beautiful beach with excellent beach bars. It is also within a short walk of retaurants overlooking the sea, which were very nice. The Strip at Praia da Oura is a 10 minute walk uphill. Very noisy and quite "Tenerife like" However there are some nice shops and some good restaurants, if you avoid the obvious tourist haunts. We paid £520 for two through First Choice, I have paid a lot more and got a lot less and would recommend it highly.

what do people want

Have just returned from club praia 26/3/06 after reading latest review we wondered what to expect.
What a surprise we were allocated room on 2nd level close to ocean but quite a way from the main area. My wife has walking difficulties and found it a little awkward to negotiate the steps/ramps, however i asked the airtours rep the next morning if it was possible to move. We were shown a room on level five, pool level, and were asked if it was ok. We said it was and within half an hour a porter arrived to move our bags. The staff from maids upwards were excellent. Building work is going ahead but was no disruption to clients as far as i could see, one block is totally closed for renovation but caused us no worry. The rooms are fresh and very clean, new cupboards etc very comfortable beds they even supply a little bottle of washing up liquid. First visit to ALGARVE very impressed and club praia is in our opinion FIRST CLASS.

a great off season week in Portugal

by TripAdvisor Member MellowYellow_7

Have just returned from a week in Club Praia D'Oura (week after Easter), I would definately recommend it. I'm 28 and went with my mother and aunt and we had a great time. It would suit all ages. The apt complex was really well kept and had lots of plants, greenery etc all around. It is right on the beach which is ideal, they have a large swimming pool area which might get crowded in the high season but not at this time of year. There are a few jacuzzi's around the pool area too which are always nice but tended to be used as a paddling pool as they had no such facility for children.
My only complaint was that we had a north facing apt so got no direct sunlight at any time of the day - however i think we were just unlucky as most of the apts are facing sun at some time or other.
You are very close to the 'strip' which is the area for bars, restaurants and shops. All very handy - each restaurant wwe went to had very nice reasonably priced food. The meat and fish were great. We found a particularly good restaurant just off the strip called Dolce Vita - an Italian place with superb service and food to die for, it was so good we went there twice!
You are very close to Albufeira old town - about 5 Euros in a taxi and it is beautiful, however still getting renovations works done to the main square so a lot of building work going on.
I would definately go back for a short break.

Mary at Praia Da Oura BeachMary at Praia Da Oura Beach

SOuth American musicians Jardim SquareSOuth American musicians Jardim Square

SpainSpain

albufeira portugal beachalbufeira portugal beach

Club Praia Da Oura

by graceee

I had booked a very very quiet apartment complex at Praia Da Luz for April but tour operator has just told me the contract has fallen through and I have been offered Club P da O instead. I have checked various reviews and am now terrified about the muggings/break-ins in the Albufeira area. One review about a hotel near the strip had knifed robbers during the night whilst the tourists were sleeping in the apartments. My husband cannot go with us so I am going on my own with two kids - if I go. Does anyone have any info.

RE: Club Praia Da Oura

by BJ_London

Its still a quiet season in albufeira at the moment in 2 months time you might need worry!Just make sure you lock up before you leave the apartment and becareful with any valuble belongings as you would do in any other destination!
Its a really nice place and so are the locals if you ever need any help they are more than happy...
If you've ever been to the Canary Islands then Albufeira is not even half as bad as in Lanzorte, Gran Canary, Tenerife etc

RE: RE: Club Praia Da Oura

by graceee

Thanks very much - I feel a bit better now. I think I just panicked when I saw the notes about the muggings. I have looked at lots more reviews now and they are all excellent - especially for Club da Oura. Also when I looked at details of the review where robbers were in the rooms during the night it was for a hotel where the staircase is open to the "Strip" and the apartments were on the ground floor and the people had left their patio doors open because of the heat.

albufeira visit

by davydoit

my wife and i are visiting albufeira in sept choice of two hotels tropical sol or clube praia da oura for 25th wed anniversary which one would you reccommend is h/b worth it or are restaurants with more choice better

Re: albufeira visit

by Durfun

Hi, Congratulations :-)

I'd choose clube praia da oura, b&b only. That way you have the flexibility to move about in your time & find your little romantic hideaways/diners!

Re: albufeira visit

by cubsur

I'd second that. There are dozens of eating places and bars within a short walk of CPO. No point in staying within four walls with all that choice - there's something for every taste.

RE.DURFUN

by albufeiravisit

SORRY FOR NOT REPLYING SOONER THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP MIGHT GO S/C BUT EAT OUT BREKKIE ETC NOT ONE FOR BREKKIE EVERY MORN

Albufeira

by StephenONeill

How far is clube praia da oura from the centre of Albufeira?
can i get a bus or tram between the two?

Re: Albufeira

by KakapoTheParrot

Looking at the club's web site, it shows it as being about 2 to 2.5 miles, so I doubt a taxi will break the bank :-)

Re: Albufeira

by cubsur

Taxi 4 or 5 Euros. It's probably nearer two miles than two and a half but depends where exactly you are.

Bus €1,10 see my personal webpage at www.algarvebus.info/albufeira.htm