Hotel Sao Vicente Albufeira

Hotel Sao Vicente
Booking.com eDreams

Rated 16% higher but also costs 79% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Albufeira

Approaching Vilamoura...after a 4 hour beach walk!Approaching Vilamoura...after a 4 hour beach walk!

The Strip at nightThe Strip at night

Enjoying the wineEnjoying the wine

Local carsLocal cars

christmas shopping times

by alibongo45

Travelling to Albufeira Christmas eve arriving mid day, what time do the supermarkets close that day, for example lidl? would vegetables be available thatday Also I need to know time of church servise in old town Christmas eve.

Re: christmas shopping times

by cubsur

I live in Albufeira.

According to signs outside the shops, LIDL is supposed to be open until 9pm, Modelo until 10pm.

However as you are arriving mid-day I would get there soonest in case things eg veg and bread sell out. All closed on Christmas Day, open normally on 26th.

Which church? Midnight Mass is pretty well standard I think.

I am in town later and at Modelo on Thursday and if I spot any more information I will add to this.

Travel Tips for Albufeira

Saint Vincente De Albufeira

by Geoff_Wright

Saint Vincente was born in Albufeira in 1590. A very talented musician, instrument player and artist, swordsman, and speaker of classical languages. Following the death of his parents, he joined the priesthood and eventually settled in Mexico. His dream was to preach the Christian Faith in Japan. However, he was imprisoned for 2 years during which time he suffered torture to force him to give up his Christian beliefs. On September 3rd, 1632 he was burned at the stake, as he was dying he was heard to call out "Long live the Faith of Jesus Christ"

His monument is to be found in the Largo Jacinto d'Ay square.

Go to the beach

by einokj

If you're in Albufeira, the main reason must be the beach holiday. So, go for the beach! The beach itself is lovely, consisting of two beaches, the city beach in the west (in the picture) and the fishermen's beach on the east. The first one being more populated with the bars in the vicinity.

However, since I'm scandinavian, I had bit of a problems with the sun. I had never had a sunburn before, at least not this severe one, but here I got it. It took couple of days to overcome that. So, check your sun blocker in advance so you won't make the same mistake as I did.

Albufeira

by Custodyspice

Came here April 1999 for a cheap week away. Not particularly hot at this time of year, just warm.

Albufeira is split between the 'old town' and 'new town'. The old town is picturesque, with cobbled streets, and a nice beach.

The new town is where most of the nightlife is, with bars etc. Although there are karaoke bars in the old town.

"Norwich versus Ipswich!"

Met a nice couple here. Rather uncanny actually, we went to a restaurant off the beaten track and they were sitting at the table next to us. We'd all been waiting ages for our meal, and exchanged comments regarding this, after chatting for 5 mins we discovered we we're both from East Anglia in the UK, supported fiercely-rival local football teams, and we all shared the same first names!

"Drunk as a skunk"

We put the football team differences aside and had a great holiday with them! The night we met them we went out and got extremely drunk. All I remember is waking up the next morning by myself, about 7am on a sun lounger by the poolside, and it was raining. Top night out!

Comments