Ave Dr. Francisco Sa Carneiro, Albufeira, Algarve, 8200-280, Portugal

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 33% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Rather Noisy!

Mary and I didn't stay here, but VT members Carmela71 and Beach Dog did! They came to meet us, driving all the way from Marbella, Spain

According to Carmen and Stace the hotel was pleasant enough, but in a very noisy part of town, being adjacent to The Strip, probably the buisiest and noisiest part of Albufeira. Music and singing going on well into the small hours, and so on. As it was hot, windows had to be left open, so you can imagine the noise.

Unique Quality: The interior of the hotel looked a little dated, and the barman seemed to fit in well here, LOL! Stace had told us that it seemed to take forever to order a drink, and for it to be served. He wasn't wrong! The patio area at the rear of the hotel, overlooking a pleasant swimming pool, seemed more sheltered from the outside noises.

Directions: The Strip

A little bit noise

After booking I read a few reviews of the hotel and I nearly change the booking loosing some money, all of them talked about:

Noise , true the strip is just there and there is noise till 5 in the morning, but as we read this, I emailed them asking for a swimming pool view room (It is supposed that going cheap you only get the ones overlooking to the strip. But they never answer the email :(

Anyway when we arrived late at night, I asked nicely with my best smile if possible for this kind of room as we had been driving 8 hours (ok it was only 6 lol) and been awake since 6 in the morning (again what can I say I am andalucian and we exaggerate lol), so we got it!!!

The best of all

The best of all was the swimming pool, ok we only visited for 30 minutes in our last day lol, but it was a nice one, and obviously gave us nice views from our terrace.

You also can play tennis and mini golf.

Service and Staff

Another of the bad reviews we saw, is the unfriendly staff.

ok, they were not the most friendly ones in the world, and I guess for foreigners it could look as they were rude (due to different standards) but they were very helpful when i asked for anything, so I can not complain.

service at the buffet was quick, when something was finishing, they were quick replacing (and quick closing it when it was 10.00 lol)

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

In needs of some renovation

In the reviews of the hotel I also saw this comment, and well, let me explain ....

The hotel decoration is from the late 70ýs, specially the bathroom. The last time I saw a toilet, bide and shower like that was at my grandma lol until we changed :-)

But the room is nice, you can get a nice terrace, specially if the give you a front one. And enough space in wardrobe for clothes and space in bathroom with a big top for all bathroom staff (yes we always bring lots of staff I know, women!!!!)

Not my first choice

When I first looked for hotels there, this was not my first choice (even if I do not remember the name of the other place, I remember it was in St Eulalia, so we could stay near Geoff and Mary.

But the next day I could not find the offer for the previous one so I booked this.

It was 40 Euros the double room per night with buffet breakfast, not bad at all.

More about Hotel da Aldeia

I stayed in Albufeira in a...

by Bigs

I stayed in Albufeira in a hotel called 'Da Aldeia'. It´s a bit outside the old town in a new tourist area. It´s not too touristic, but has a lot of pubs and bars around. The pool has been nice. In the evenings we had it for ourselves most of the time ! The rooms clean and ok! Food was ok, but it was nearly the same every day. Morning and evening buffet! Tennis court...

Pateo da Aldeia

by satossa

Does anyone have any experience with this aparthotel? We will be visiting in late March 2004. Any suggestions / recommendations gratefully accepted.

Comments