Paraiso de Albufeira

Hotel BlueBay Paraiso De Albufeira
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Ian & Marys 2009 holiday in Potugal

This is definitely not 4 star rated hotel.
    We were here for a week in September 2009
    Room was okay for adults but not suitable for small children as the balcony was only 900mm height with a ledge that children could climb on to and fall.
    Would suggest that booking this hotel if you have small children you ask for a ground floor room.
    Dry towels were only supplied every 2 days and one day we did not get any maid service at all.
    You have till 1200 hours to vacate your room but this meant that your room for new arrivals is not available till 13.30 in the afternoon.
    Thomas cook reps were not helpfull and we only learned of the welcome meeting time by accident after talking to another couple.

Unique Quality: Large pool with grassed area one of the best we have seen anywhere great for children.
    Entertainment at nightime show was poor.
    Free gratis bus only runs 4 times a day this needs to be improved.
    Reception staff were quite friendly.
    Hotel does not allow you to use the stairs and it can be frustrating pressing all the lifts to get upstairs or downstairs especially with your luggage.
    Twent five minute slow walk to the old town if very hot.
    Buy a all day pass for the train and save 2 Euros.each person.
    Thre is a hotel shop which sells bread water milk etc, saves you a walk to the supermarket.
    Our transfer to hotel and pick up was by Taxi which Thomas Cook arranged which arrived dead on time

Directions: Centred between old town and the strip.

• ChrisnJan's Profile Photo

Well located hotel

This hotel is about midway between the lovely and quieter old town area and the more lively area known as The Strip. We had a one bedroom apartment at the back of the hotel, just above the bar. The appartment was plenty big enough, very clean, well maintained and very well equipped for a comfortable self catering holiday. A large balcony overlooked the pool area and surrounding grounds. The hotel staff were always friendly and helpful, not that we asked much of them, there just did not seem to be anything to complain about.The music from the bar was a bit loud if the windows were left open but being early april when the nights are still quite chilly we were happy to keep them closed.

Directions: 15 minutes walk from Old Town. 10 Minutes walk from The Strip

More about Paraiso de Albufeira

paradise at the paraiso!!!

by TripAdvisor Member vikki15

just spent the february half term break at the paraiso and What a great place it is , i was so suprised at how hot the weather was too ....all i can say is perfect, seeing is believing !!!

dont you just love the paraiso

by TripAdvisor Member themother

The dawson family went to the paraiso in september 2004 and all i can say is what an amazing experience it was from how clean and well decorated everthing was to the great food to the best family entertainment me and my family have ever had on a family holiday and yes we will be coming back and i would advice anyone thinking of going to this hotel not to hesitate for one minute because once you and your family have experienced the paraiso there will never be a family holiday that you go on that will give you all as many great memories as the hotel paraiso will so enjoy your 2005 family holiday.P.S IF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE LUCKY ENOUGH AND JOHN ON THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM IS BACK THIS YEAR THEN YOU REALLY ARE IN FOR A TREAT HIM AND ALL THE REPS ARE EXCEPTIONAL.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CATHSTER13

Just got back from a fortnights holiday, all inclusive in the hotel Paraiso. It was superb!! The apartments were spotless and spacious with every facility you could require. We had intended to eat out a few nights as past experience tells us that All Inclusive can get a little monotonous. Well not here!!! We are all fussy eaters and the food was tremendous!!! The staff were superb and JMC entertainers were real hardworking and a credit to the company. Contrary to previous reports we managed to get a sunbed at any time of the day , perhaps we went at a quieter time. The only down side is, that we attempted to book for 2005 as soon as we got home and found to our dismay that the price has almost doubled! Very dissapointed Paraiso! We would be going back again if it had not increased by so much.

A tale of two weeks

by TripAdvisor Member Needajobby

Just returned from the Paraiso a few days ago and had a great time overall. I'll try to keep my review short but I would say that we arrived 4th June and the hotel felt full but we were proven wrong when more people arrived in the week commencing the 11th June:

+ Points
Hotel facilities were first class and very clean but maintenance was a little poor with broken lifts and aircon common. Rooms also clean and nice but we had a back facing room which sat too close to the road where regularly the locals would race powerful motorbikes at ridiculous speeds during the night.
Cleaners did a great job and were reliable.
Pool are very nice and clean and the staff here were better.
Lovely resort and prices very reasonable with 2 Euros in the strip for a beer. One had a "happy hour" from 10 am to 10 pm!

- Points
Lifts usually full on 2nd week and the glass lifts got unbearably hot.
Staff were OK but not great. They refused to return a deposit I paid for a pool cue as it broke.
Food is very local and mostly fish. This suited me but not everyone.
Live acts in the restraunt were awful. Just when we thought one guy's screeching could not get any worse he managed to make this worse with feedback throughout the remainder of the meal.
The JMC entertainment was repeated and varied in quality. Their Aladin show was dreadful and half the audience left prior to the end. It was obviously the first time they had attempted it.
Particularly on the 2nd week there were long ques at the bar. On two nights they closed the glam club for functions (one was a kickboxing match) and the queues in the bar were 10 miuntes worth of waiting every time you wanted a drink.

You will not be disappointed - I promise!

Me and my girlfriend stayed in the Paraiso for one week in early June 05. Both of us in mid 20's. After looking around the net and teletext for many hours looking for a hotel and resort that had good write ups from site like these I was looking forward to staying in the Paraiso as it had not received one bad report.

I was not disappointed.

A weeks stay half board (breakfast & dinner) in a studio for the great price of £569 from Thomas Cook. Weather was fantastic all week. 28,29 or 30 degrees every day with no (or very few) clouds in the sky.

Hotel:

Upon arrival at the hotel there is a spacious reception. Check in took 2 minutes and we went straight to our room. The hotel was billed as a 4 star and although I think a 4 star hotel in England would have been more luxurious I was impressed with our room. Air con, TV, mini kitchen, balcony, nice bathroom, lots of cupboard space and a (reasonably) comfy pull out sofa bed. The hotel was 8 floors in total and I presume had lots of rooms (100?).

Upon exploring the hotel through the week we discovered it had lots of facilities:
3 restaurants (two buffet for HB, FB & AI guests and one for paying guests)
1 bars (one with terrace)
1 nightclub
Supermarket & other shops
Large pool and surrounding area (lots of green grass to lounge on and snack & drinks bar)
Mini golf (not dilapidated although some minor repair work required)
Tennis Court
Henna tatoo & braided hair facility
Basketball Court
Games room (American pool, table tennis, arcade games, pinball machines and some other machines)
Gym (with all facilities sauna, turkish baths etc.)
Internet access
Probably more stuff that i have forgotten too

The staff often gave you a smile and certainly didn't get no stroppy or bad attitudes from them. The reception was manned 24 hours a day and I borrowed items such as iron, ironing board etc in exchange for a deposit with no problems.

Thomas Cook staff provided entertainment for a couple of hours in morning, afternoon and evening either. Things like water basketball, water polo, football matches, quiz's and exercising in the pool. There was also a kids club that looked after the children.

The food for HB, FB and AI guests were buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast was english, with cereals and lots of fruit, toast and yoghurt, etc. Didn't do lunch. Dinner was great. The staff all had bow ties on and waistcoats and gentle music was played - even had someone singing with a guitar one night. There were probably at least four main dishes every night alongside things like pizza, chips, rice, cold meat, salad, potatoes, etc. Lots of nice deserts and loads of ice cream!

Beach:

The beach was fantastic. A ten minute walk from the hotel. Apparently there are two but I only visited one. Lots of golden sand. Water sports available. No rubbish lying around. Small cliffs and rocks at back of beach. Two large beach side cafes serving reasonable food at good prices.

Nightlife;

The nightlife mainly consisted of a strip about 1 mile long and there were bar/restaurants scattered everywhere. One half of the strip was more lively than the other. Lots of different bars (scottish, english, irish, cheesy dance music, pop music, relaxed bars, karioke etc. Lots of shops in the strip open till around midnight selling all sorts. Was quite a few people when we went and made for a nice atmosphere although I can imagine it gets packed during peak season (was nice as went away with g/friend and not the lads!). Bars shut around 4 am I believe and most were serving nice beer from the tap (makes a change from the usual watered down muck that gets served up in other places).

Resort;

Very nice. Lots of large hotels around that look well maintained from the outside.The odd dilapidated/derelict building scattered around. Quite a few cranes in the sky as Albufiera is obviously developing but that never bothered me. Lots of mini supermarkets and two or three large ones at reasonable prices. We eat out for lunch most of the week and I was impressed with food. There is a bull ring just round the corner from the strip (very entertaining if you don't mind that sort of thing!). A few locals approached me in the evening serving the usual (weed, hash, charlie blah blah) although once you said "no thanks" that was that. There are two other towns nearby. One with large casino. There were also some good markets in nearby town during the week although I didn't get round to going.

Gripes:

No English TV channels in hotel room except for news channels
When I was leaving I was told there was a bill of 25 euros. This was apparently for the soft drinks we consumed at dinner each night (apparently if you want anything other than juice or tap water you have to pay - would have been nice to be told that first!)
Lots of children around, although I went in the later end of half term. I didn't have a major problem with this although I would imagine some might.
When I went to Casino in nearby town I could not get into main part as I did not have my passport (ID required to enter under Portuguese law apparently!). I think it would have been nice if the rep mentioned this to me when I was talking to him earlier in the day about visiting there that night. Turned out to be a bit of a disappointment as spent 30 euros on getting taxi's to and from.

Summary:

Had a fantastic stay in the Algarve. Weather was great. Most of the locals seemed OK. The hotel was brilliant. Would definitely go back to Paraiso if offered the choice and have recommended to family and friends.

the entertanment was fab

the entertainers were amazing. john was fab and so was julie. the shows were great and the staff such as pedro were the most friendly people. i'm 13 and i loved every minit. the food was fab and even better on all-inclusive. we made such good friends with them we went on a trip together. we want to see them again. p.s I am sooooo sexy!

may 2004

amustgoandsee

talk about people trying to claim compensation, lets put this to rest. We read reviews about the poor quality of food, being herded like cattle, dismal rooms. well we went later in this year 2004, and found food that would have not disgraced a v.i.p. banquet, meat and fish were different every night as were most veg, talkabout plentiful we are having to diet now!! and we are not obese. Yes we can appreciate that during summer months with children off school that the hotel would have had rooms completely full and there would have been overcrowding in certain restaurants within the hotel, but we find that we can honestly say it has been the best holiday and hotel A.I. we have stayed in over the past 10 years. Portugese and Brazillian staff could not do enough for us, apartments were more than spacious and there were 5 of us (4 adults and 1 child), the price we paid for all of us 14 days All Inclusive totalled £2885.00, and if anybody can surpass this figure for a 4 star hotel and enjoyment love to hear from you. Because we found this superb!!! Talk about variety of meats apart from dinosaur meat we don't know what else there was left to eat. The snack bar was excellent with bagettes, pizza, burgers and salads most snack bars are just burger or pizza, Kids club plus all facilities ie: shops, hairdresser etc, and lets not forget JMC staff were really (can't over estimate the word strong enough)EXCELLENT. Thanks Billy, julie, john, donna, karen and kids world staff. Talk about disco, it was spacious, bar in it, real McCoy!

Holidays in the Algarve

by menavazlima

"Paraiso de Albufeira"

We went for a long weekend and had a T1 which was on the 3rd floor. The room was very spacious and clean. The kitchen was complete and the whole room was tastefully decorated. The facilities are excellent and the pools outside enormous. We only used the indoor pool and the jacuzi which let me tell u is a must, it's super warm. The room itself was just right and we never had to switch on the heat, the kids loved their stay:) The bathroom too was perfect, and warned that the shower is potent, and I had myself a good massage lol. Oh and I´ve read from some reviews that the beds were not comfortable, well ours were just fine. Our room had a view to the road and although some ppl meantioned that it got noisy, we had no problem, but I guess in summer it could get a little rawdy with the kids running around:). On the whole our little week-end break was just perfect! I'd definately go back to this Hotel.

Paraiso de Albufeira Apartments & VT meeting in Albufeira

by Propermark

Hi people!

I found a nice place to stay in, and it has got good rates too. It is an Appartahotel complex called Paraíso de Albufeira and it is located in Rua do Minicípio, Lote 11 - 8200 Albufeira

Can anyone tell me if it is far from the city centre? Cause I heard public transport is not working at night in Albufeira and I would like to walk to nightlife lively areas to party all night long..

I will go to Albuefeira from August 06th till the 13th, is any VTer going there too? Anyone is welcome for a VT meeting!!

Marco

Re: Paraiso de Albufeira Apartments & VT meeting in Albufeira

by Tdiver

Not that far on the map below from centre look at avenida dos descobrimentos, it is the road before it.

Comments