Casa De Alvor Hotel

Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Just wonderful

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2010

Casa De Alvor is a super place, very clean and friendly, all the apartments are privately owned and managed, and as there's only about 60, they get plenty of attention.

The kitchenette we had in one of the 1-bed places was fairly basic but enough for quick easy meals/snacks- toaster, kettle, small 2-ring (might have been 4 ring) hot plate, fridge with an ice box. You can get a snack from the poolside bar for a few Euros, and they're cracking- the pork was good, so was the tuna salad. The staff are friendly too, very helpful.

We've also had one of the larger places which was very well equipped indeed, cooker, washing machine, air con, absolutely fabulous place.

Would have no hesitation in recommending this place at all, have stayed there 3 times and when we went over just recently we stayed elsewhere as we couldn't get a room, we walked past every day and sighed in wishful thinking.

If you've not been there before it can be tricky to find, the link below is smack bang in the middle of the swimming pool!

The road Estr De Alvor has changed a bit since this map was done, but the road to the apartment is the same, it's now signposted but the sign is just off the street, look out for it.

Need anything else, please post a reply or PM me, if you can do such a thing on here!

Unique Quality: Quiet, clean, relaxing, friendly, private.

Directions: See map link in review

antz's Profile Photo

Fantastic Accomodation

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 19, 2004

We could not have hoped for better accomodation. It was so good, that I am staying there again when I go at the end of October. I know it seems to be a recurring theme throughout my pages on Alvor, but again the staff are great - so friendly! Leyla (I think is her name) even remembered my name when I phoned to book an apartment!! They are very clean and decent sized. There is a swimming pool and a pool bar which also serves food.

Unique Quality: Although these apartments are only 5 minutes walk from the centre of Alvor, they feel as though they are outside of the village. This means that they can suit everyone, whether you want to be close to the pubs and restaurants or whether you want to be out in the countryside!

Directions: At the top of the hill from the roundabout.

Nearby Casa De Alvor Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking

Alvor Travel Forum

Need advice about Alvor, Portugal? Visit the Travel Forum for Alvor and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Alvor hotel reviews