Sol e Praia Hotel

Carvi Hotel Lagos
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Sol e Praia Hotel

The old city walls of Lagos.The old city walls of Lagos.

Don Sebastiao Restaurante, LagosDon Sebastiao Restaurante, Lagos

Canary PalmsCanary Palms

MondeloMondelo

Travel from FARO Ariport to Hotel in Lagos

by ariflon

Hello All.

I just booked me and my partner a hotel in Lagos called Sol e Praia. The address is AL DR.ARMINDO SOARES RIBEIRO S/N, LAGOS, 8600.

I am coming from Faro Airport. Could any one of you please give me an estimate cost of the following:

1. Taxi from airport to faro train station.

2. Cost of 2 adult tickets from FARO to LAGOS

3. From Lagos Train station to the above hotel.

Thanks a lot in advance guys..

Arif

Websites for Lagos and Tavira pensoes or residencias

by penguinlover

I am arriving in Lagos on July 17, 2004. I have lists of some possible pensoes or residencias in Lagos and Tavira, but after much searching, I have been unable to find websites with web links or e-mail addresses for them. Does anyone know of a good website with this information? I would prefer to book in advance, rather than take my chances when I get there!

Thanks for your help.

and:
for tavira

Re: Websites for Lagos and Tavira pensoes or residencias

by penguinlover

Thank you both for your information. Haiamisa, I am also trying to book the Sol e Praia - thanks for the tip! Now I just need to find something in Tavira...

penguinlover

Travel Tips for Lagos

Good advice ...

by Westbrook about Adega de Marina

It's simple, it's cheap, it's rustic, it's local, it's recommended by all the guidebooks and by all the locals.

Do not ignore this advice. Despite eating in restaurants more than four times the price of the Adega, we failed to find better food in Lagos.

It's not smart. The service is entertainingly abrupt. And if you order a large glass of wine, they'll bring you three quarters of a litre. Steak andswordfish

For steaks, order more time on the grill than you would usually. I ordered a rare and it was definitely blue. (I suspect that a blue steak ordered here would happily make good use of yoke and ploughshear). So if you don't like bloody steak, order very well done.

The swordfish was huge and fantastic.

The meal costs us less than ý7.50 each including huge amounts of wine and several beers.

Igreja de Santa Maria

by Willettsworld

This church is located overlooking the square where you'll find the statue of Henry the Navigator and the slave market. It's origins can be traced back to the 14th century but most of it dates from the 15th and 16th centuries although it was rebuilt following the 1755 earthquake and a fire in the mid-19th century. Henry the Navigator was buried here in 1460 before his remains were transferred to the Capela do Fundador in Batalha Abbey.

I thought the roads were bad...

by chodearm

"Our introduction"

Shifting the Puegout out of the airport parking, the attendant warned us, "Portuguese drivers are the worst and the roads are horrible...be careful." Of course I had to mention that I drive in NYC everyday and I think I can handle the task but the warner continued, "our roads are really bumpy and old." Out the gate I was thinking of the problems ahead but my inner reasoning was thinking it won't be like NY streets. The drive down was smooth. The little power pellet topped out at 150kms, no traffic, no bumps, no craziness the man spoke of. He also claimed it would take me 5-6 hours to reach Lagos from Lisbon so I was prepared for the long haul. 2.5 hours later we were looking for our crib for the night...in Lagos.

Comments