Alporchinhos, Porches, Algarve, 8400-450, Portugal

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Vila Vita Parc

The Globe is Round

by whvcebu

From the top of an observation deck of the Vila Vita Park Hotel one can overlook the entire area of the Vila Vita Park. For this shot I took a 16 mm fisheye lens which created that heavy bent on straight lines and shaped the horizon to the surface of a ball.

Vila Vita Park in Porches

"Paradise along Algarve"

This part of the coastal line
gives a view from Porches to Faro. If one follows this direction one will reach Gibraltar and the Mediterranean Sea.

"Vila Vita Compound"

and sunbathing area.

Plenty of sunchairs, umbrellas, towels are free of charge at your convenience. Lovely cool drinks are served and if you like you can go to the round shaped bar near the pool and have a snack. Though the prices are a bit on the high side.

"Bungalow Area"

Above the rocks lining the shore line to the Atlantic Ocean are beautiful fully airconditioned bungalows with three and four bedrooms for families or groups on vacation. All rooms are equipped with marble bath, terrasses/blaconies and elegant furniture.

Although I like the comfort of those bungalows in my opinion they are to narrow to each other and making me feel caged. I rather prefer to stay in the hotel room of the main building near to where the action is.

In the background to the right are the high rising condominiums of the city of Faro where many Portugese have their domicile for the vacation period and week ends.

In Porches stay at Vila Vita Part 2

"Our Group"

I collected some of my friends to have this group photo taken in Vila Vita Park.

BTW, if somebody is interested to schedule vacation in this hotel, you must make an advance booking, particularly during the high season. You'll find there an international crowd from all over the world. I spoke with Aussies, Americans, French, Germans, British ... it is really international. You'll find the Vila Vita Park Hotel in the listing of the "Leading Hotels of the World".

"My favorite Bridge"

The bridge from a different angle.

"Another Guest house"

A view over another guesthouse to the Atlantic. Although the temperature was close around 40?C (about 100?+F) I did not feel it very much because there was always a nice breeze.

"Crystal clear pools ..."

... in abundance in the compounds of vila Vita Park Hotel near Faro airport

"Stairs lined with colorful flowers ..."

... leading to the upper area of the park and to the restaurants.

"Pools and ponds ..."

all over the place at Vila Vita

"My Dreamhouse or a house where dreams come true"

Whatever it will be, in my imagination I will have a house similar to this after retirement somewhere near the water and where plams grow.

In Porches stay at Vila Vita Part 1

by whvcebu

"Photographic Shaping ... ..."

...On this picture I corrected mother nature a bit. The looks were so beautiful. With a normal lens I could not have caught it due to short distance. Therefore I used an almost fisheye lens with 20 mm. In reality the curve of the road does not excist and is a straight line. Consequently also the walls along the street.

"Lisbon and along the area of Alentejo"

A beautiful area. The city of Lisbon has changed a lot since I was there last time in 1984.

I am very much surprised of the quality of the hotel, the Vila Vita in the most southern area of Portugal near to the airport of Faro, but more westerly towards the open Atlatic ocean.

"Pool site"

Want to give you a closer look at the hotel compound of Vila Vita

"From the Hotel Tower"

This shot was taken with a 28mm lens not having this much distortion on lines and angles taking great distances.

Here you can really see the vast area of the Hotel compound. Even the bungalows at the left appearing on a hill belong to the hotel's property.

"Tropical looks"

The park of Vila Vita hotel is loaded with pools and water cascades. One of the impressive bridges crossing those pools reminded me on some similar ones I saw in the tropics

"Want to live here?"

There are also guest houses for VIPs who don't want to stay in the luxury of a 5 Star hotel and still wish to have more. I could have a glance only by using my tele lens

"Facing the sea"

This photo was taken when I stood on an edge of a rock with my back towards the sea.

Facing and overlooking the edge of the Atlantic Ocean from the terrace of the guest house must be a marvellous way to spend time at retirement age. On a clear day one can look to the left as far as Gibraltar and the coast line of Africa. The houses along the shoreline of the southern tip of Portugal are fantastic.

"Hide Out"

Hidden behind those palm leaves and protected from the looks of everyone are the most fantastic bungalows facing the Atlantic Ocean.

Comments