Club Praia Rocha

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Club Praia Rocha

Praia da rocha apartments

by rob-craig about Praia da rocha apartments

This will not be eveyrones ideal choice because of its sheer size, with over 1300 rooms it is like a small town in its own it has numerous swimming pools dinig halls restraunts,many bars games rooms ,a free theatre,supermarket,laundrette,photo shop etc

by micas_pt about Sol Flor da Rocha

This is a SolMelia aparthotel. The apartments are very spacious and clean – the cleaning service is available everyday, as if you were on a hotel: they make up the bed and clean the rooms. Service is very good, as staff is friendly and available.

The apartments consist of 1 room with 2 beds, 1 complete bathroom and the kitchenette on the living/dinning room. On the living room, the sofa transforms in 2 single beds. There is also a balcony equipped with a table and 2 chairs. The T1 apartments are equipped for 4 persons – it has all you need if you pretend to use the kitchen and cook.

This hotel has 2 swimming pools: one for children and one for adults. Concerning children, there are activities aimed at children aged between 4 and 12, but I got the idea that this is only available during peak season.

The breakfast is included on the apartment price (which is not often seen) and it is served on the -1 floor, facing the swimming pool. About the variety and quality of breakfast: I’ve seen better but I’ve also seen worse. I’d say it is of medium quality, not my favourite hotel concerning breakfast, but nothing that I would complain about.

This aparthotel is situated about 5minutes walk from the beach and shops (Praia da Rocha).

This review refers to September 2005.

Don't expect any credit.

I have just returned from two weeks at the Clube Praia da Rocha with my wife and daughteron a self catering basis and I can honestly state that if you intend to use the hotel as a base then you won't be to disappointed.
When we arrived it was during a heatwave and none of the rooms have air conditioning,you had to rent a fan from the reception desk.
If you want to watch any TV then you also have to rent it from the reception desk.
If you want to spend a day by the pool you will have to start queuing early in the morning to rent a sunbed.
The hotel does not accept credit/debit cards only American Express so don't get caught out,this also seems to be the policy of the restraunts and shops
in the area.
The hotel does not have any laundry facilities or any irons,you have to use a laundry about 500 metres away from the hotel,they will charge you 12 euros for 1 basket of laundry which they wash and dry ,any ironing is extra( no thankyou was the statement from my wife).
The hotel is split into two parts both of which consist of high rise blocks with very small and unpredictable lifts( even though we where several stories up we always used the stairs),the rooms are very basic and that goes for the facilities as well.
I would say that it is not suitable for families with very small chidrenbecause of the living blocks.
On the bright side the beach is the best we have ever been to and the locals are very friendly and make you feel welcome.
The days out are fantastic,waterparks and boat trips
are second to none.
Lots of Irish bars that are always 'rocking' from early to late.
Like I said at the begining as a base it was ok but that where it ends.
we would go back to Portugal again but we would avoid the Clube Praia da Rocha.

by bambino36

Just a mile west of Portimão, Praia da Rocha is a very popular destination due to it's beautiful golden sand beach.
Praia da Rocha is very busy from May to September. The main street is always crowded, day or night.
Numerous hotels and numerous pubs and nightclubs.

Far better than we expected

We had read so many stories on this website, and did not know what to expect. However I must admit the accommodation was nowhere near as bad as some people were making out. Some people complain about the slightest thing.

Accommodation was basic, but was clean, and the facilities were adequate. If people want 4 or 5 star accommodation, they should pay for it, what do people expect when you are only paying approx £299 for a fortnight's holiday???

The only complaint we had was the lifts, we were in Block B, and the 2nd lift was often out of order, we got stuck in it, and that was not very nice.

Praia da Rocha is a good resort, not too big, beaches were lovely, and nightlife excellent, 11 Irish bars, I have never been to a place where there were so many Irish. Slainte, Temple Bar, Celt Bar, and Twins were just next door to each other and good to go from one to the other. Las Vegas was also a good bar, it had different bands on, and Karaoke. The Algar bar is a lovely wee bar if you just want a quiet drink. There are also very nice restaraunts, Barao, and Titanic were very good.

All in all the holiday was very good value for money, Had an excellent time, Just a pity it is over!!!

good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member FM1962

I booked a holiday here 2 days before we flew out. We stayed in block D and payed 510 pounds for a family of 3-good value for two weeks got backlast week. Flats were adequate-but couldn't cook on 2 rings. kids pool good, although you pay 4 beds and brolleys which they ran out of before midday. poolside dirty-beach beautiful but quite a walk for kids.Burger Ranch good 4 fussy kids! Would only go back if got same cheap deal.

NOT ONE I WOULD RECOMEND

just got back fromtwo weeks in this hotel , just afew niggles, when we go there we were in block3 which was ok but we found the rooms to be very basic indeed, the beds in the bedroom wereok but the couch in the living area was disgusting, it had stains all over it and not enough bedding to go roundthere was no kettle to make a drink only a jug which you had to put a saucepan lid onto keep it hot, if you wanted a sunbed or umbrella you had to pay for them which i have never heard of in any other hotel, and the pillows were the worst i have ever used , well to be honest you couldn't use them they were pieces if foam that had been stuffed in a pillowcase, we had to roll a blanket and use that.
also if you wanted to go to the other block you had to go across a walkway above a busy road,
if you can get over these then you will have a nice holiday.
otherwise i would suggest looking for a different hotel because this was one of the worst.

by lmforrister

"Praia Da Rocha"

I though Praia Da Rocha was a lovely place to stay and I was impressed by how beautiful it was. This is an ideal place for everyone! There is no way you could ever be board as there are many things to do and see. I will definitely be going back at some point!

I will be getting some pictures on here as soon as i find my scanner!

Praia da Rocha - PortugalPraia da Rocha - Portugal

Praia da RochaPraia da Rocha

Praia da Rocha, PortimãoPraia da Rocha, Portimão

Praia da Rocha in the RainPraia da Rocha in the Rain

Praia da rocha

by Futch

Hi,im 18 and me and a few friends are going to praia da rocha in June.Just wondered if anybody could tell me about the night life?e.g. clubs and bars.And where the best places to go are.

RE: Praia da rocha

by nettyfitz

Take your pick! It is a while since we were there, but you can't go wrong. The bars are all close together and it is a great party area. Have a good time!

RE: Praia da rocha

by vauaddict

Go to www.nuttersinportugal.co.uk they actually live in Praia da Rocha and i am sure they will be able to tell you

Praia Da rocha to Portimao airport

by Hana3

I am coming with my girlfriend to Praia Da Rocha in the end of August. I have decided to rent a car from Whizz car rental and I think its nearest office is in POrtimao airport. So my question is what is the easiest way to get from Praia Da Rocha to Portimao airport and how much it cost? Is it long distance? Thanks for answers!

Re: Praia Da rocha to Portimao airport

by sunny_PT

Portimão does not have an airport. Do you mean Faro airport to Praia da Rocha?

Painting in Portimao Praia Da Rocha

by mastermakman

Hi

I just came back from a holiday in algarve in portimao and now i am back in England London.

I had alot of fun in portimao praia da rocha and i wanted to buy something to remember my journey with. I found an artist which paints with spray cans and paints the most beautiful paintings. unfortunately i did not have enough money to buy one of his painting.

He paints at night when everyone comes out and usually attracts a crowd. Could anyone please tell me if you have seen this painters in portimao?

Comments