Clube Avenida Praia Portimao

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Clube Avenida Praia Portimao

big hotel

by quartinb about *

i have the luck when i go to portimao to stay at a private house. so i don't really have any accomodation tip for you. any travel guide on the net will give you all the necessary information about that. anyway on the pic behind that cute kid you can see one of the biggest hotel in portimao/praia da rocha.
they say that's a great hotel so, we have to go for it...

Don't go there

Club Praia Da Rocha easily the worst hotel i've ever been to. We stayed at Block 3.There were always queues of people complaining at reception (people stuck in broken lifts, no electricity, hot water , electric cookers not working, noisy residents). Hotel is the furthest one from bars/beach and the walk there is dangerous (no proper pavements and very steep). Holiday reps. very had to get hold of.Residents noisy playing load music all night, hotel staff didn't want to know.If you are used to standard Hotels you get in Spain (even 1*) you will be disappointed. Don't go there. Best thing to do is sort out you're own flight (easyjet etc) and go to the local tourist office for accomadation(loads available even during Euro 2004) which will work out much better and cheaper. I'll never trust Airtours again. Holiday cost £270 each for a week during Euro 2004.

BRILL!!!

I have just returned from my holiday in Clube Praia Da Rocha and I had a fab time. The Apts were nothing like I was told to expect, I was in the Second Block and our Apt was great, very clean and in an ideal location. The Portuguise people were very friendly. The Resort has something for everyone from old and young alike. The best food and service in the resort can be found in Titanic Restaurant which is just around the corner form the Apts, their Steak is gorgeous and very reasonable. The best Nightclub is Babylone and Ladies go free!!! The Beach is fantastic with lovley little restaurants scattered along it and great watersports. Before I went I read the reviews on this site and was not looking forward to my "Holiday from Hell" but when I arrived I really couldn't understand what people were complaining about. The only fault I could find was that the Pillows were a bit lumpy but thats hardly grounds to complain!!! My advice to people is to request to be in the 1st or 2nd block and if you have children try to get one of the lower apts as the complex is quite high other than that I recomend that you just sit back, enjoy yourself and make the most of your time in the Beautiful resort of Praia da Rocha!!!!!!

Clube Praia Da (Rubbish)

I stayed at this hotel in Block 3 from 4th - 11th September 2004. I was not impressed with this hotel complex, my apartment was ok, but the balcony doors would not lock. The apartments are very basic, but loads of room. A downfall is that fact that depending on where your apartment is, you will hear the lift. Also the walls are so fine that you can hear your neighbours at any time (including other things they may get upto). If you want a cheap holiday and some where to lie your head at night then this accommendation is ok. Other wise I would not reccommend it!!!!

Praia da Rocha, it self is excellent. If you are young and want more night life, then be weary as there are only two night clubs, which I was not impressed with, or go to Alberfuria. If you want relaxation then the area is excellent with loads of places to eat out.

Makes Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz

This is probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. All of this is more or less due to the staff. They are very rude, try to scam you for money at every opportunity they get and wouldn't help you even if you were dying in the lobby. The rooms are clean however (and the cleaning lady was much friendlier) but some things weren't working properly, and when you asked the front desk to fix it, they either said "Yes, we fix" or "Sorry, no I can do". It didn't really matter what they said, nothing happened anyway.

To sum up, don't stay here, you could probably get a much better hotel. (Just take any hotel =))

realistic

club pria da rocha is exactly what one should expect for a two star apartment block in the algarve. fair enough it has seen its day and its visible that the apartments have been used to their capacity, with scrapings on the tile floors etc but it is clean and spacious and the facillitics are excellent. for example look across the pool to the cruzeiro apartments where the only entertainment is a 15 foot swimming pool. at least the people of clube pria da rocha try their best within their means to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible

Not as bad as expected

by TripAdvisor Member dizzybird

Having read the reviews on this webpage, I was dreading staying here. On arrival at our accommodation on the 9th Floor in Block C I was dismayed to see a crawly creature in the bathroom. This is what I had been dreading. However it was only an insect, nothing worse. We (husband and I) spent a week at the Clube and it was adequate. I would love to have had some cleaning equipment to give the place a going over as whilst the appartment was cleaned, it was not particularly clean. In saying that, the acccommodation was adequate if not out dated. For anyone going shortly, do not be too dismayed by some of the reviews, it is not too bad. I found the staff on Reception to be overall quite friendly. We were not due to leave until 1900 hours on the day of departure and managed to keep our room on for the last day. We had to pay E37 but it was well worth it (suffering with mentioned upset stomachs) and it worked out at E5 per hour. No queing for Hospitality rooms and left our accommodation 15 mins before being picked up for the airport.

The beach is fabulous, all the Irish bars are brilliant (being Irish but living in Manchester)and most show the GAA games as well as the footie. Overall we had a very good holiday. Two concerns, we both suffered with quite bad upset stomach's (nothing to do with the accommodation) and finding a cash machine that worked, particulary over the weekend, is IMPOSSIBLE. Don't do what I did, take plenty of cash (Euros) with you. If you are stuck, go to the Casino where there are two machines. This opens at 4pm and you will always see a queue outside; most people are not going gambling but waiting to use the machines. Overall, Playa de Rocha is a lovely place. I will certainly go back but not sure about hubby. If you are staying at these appartments, don't expect too much and you will have a good holiday.

Praia da Rocha 2002

by rob-craig

"On the plane"

We flew from Manchester on 26th September to faro a flight time of 2hrs 45 min with Monarch airlines

"Clube praia da rocha"

To stay here for 2 weeks.A large complex with over 1300 appartments,with 2 shopping malls,indoor and outdoor pools a couple of naff bar's the people at reception here were very good although the rate of exchange was only 1.45 euros to the GB£(criminal)and the cleaners I think must have all been on holiday!

"At the beach"

This is a superb beach and on a day like this one was when the temperature hit 25'C my 5 year old son Brett just goes loopy at least there was the sea to cool him down

"And the daughter at the beach"

This is my 10 year old daughter Natasha relaxing on superb beach at Praia Da Rocha

"A public birthday "present""

Of course it is traditional when its your birthday to get the bumps ....and one for luck!
So now he is 6 .

"Another new marina"

This is the new marina which is being built at Praia da rocha,one of many under construction along the algarves coastline.With lovley new cafes ,shops and restauraunts its worth remembering that it is us the tourist who has actually helped pay to build them

"Praia da rocha beach bar"

One of the things that i really love here is the various beach bars and the relaxed atmosphere they have.However they are slowly being drowned out by tacky new cafes on purpose made complexes and marinas

A one of the cliffs at Carvoiero,around here there are some stunning rock formations

"Farewell Algarve"

One final picture of the algarve as we left it on an october morning just as the sun was rising

Praia Da Rocha

by tjodrik

"A trip with my friends."

We are 6 friends going to Portugal in January.
This time we are traveling without our wifes, so we looking forward to some serius "relaxing" ;-))

This was a really good trip for all of us. . we all came home with tatoo`s!!
;-)
I can recomend Praia da Rocha for everyone. . unbeliveble beaches and friendly people. . And don`t forget to go and visit Baltzar at the local tatoo shop. .

"The Beaches. ."

They were unbelivable. . see for your self. . .

"Waterhole. ."

And of course, we spent some time drinking beer. . (and other stuff ;-))

Praia da Rocha beachPraia da Rocha beach

Praia da RochaPraia da Rocha

Praia da Rocha, PortimaoPraia da Rocha, Portimao

Praia da RochaPraia da Rocha

Portimao - Praia da Rocha

by aw56001

I will be staying at the Hotel Globo in late April. What I would like to know is if Praia da Rocha is walkable from the hotel. If it is how long would it take me. I have researched and know there are buses on the route but may walk back if it is late and the buses have finished.
Many thanks
Andrew

Re: Portimao - Praia da Rocha

by cubsur

It's about a 2.5km or 1.5 mile walk but taxis should be fairly easy to get late in April if needed. Yes, the last buses are at about 8pm off-season.

Praia Da Rocha versus Vilamoura??

Hi,

Im totally confused where I should book! I'm trying to decide between Praia Da Rocha and Vilamoura...I'm looking for a nice area with restaurants/nitelife and good beaches?? We are a couple in our late 20s.

Thank you very much for your help! :)

by cubsur

The two places are as different as chalk and cheese!

Praia da Rocha is a modern high-rise beach resort. It's best asset is the beach, huge and sandy. I don't know much about the night-life but at the risk of painting a false picture there do seem to be a lot of English and Irish bars. There is a casino there if you're that way inclined.

Vilamoura is a big, sprawly resort built around several golf courses. It has a large marina where you can gawp at the lifestyles of the rich and famous. The best beachies (in my opinion) are a little distance at either Falesia (about half a mile walk from the Marina, there is no road) or a bit along the coast at Quarteira.

I am sure others will come along with more opinions.

by tere1

Vilamoura, hands down!!! Praia da Rocha is one of the worst places in the Algarve.

by nadalert

Oh no I already booked Praia da Rocha!! Is it that bad? Should I change??

by tere1

Sorry to disappoint you but if you want a place full of high building, full of people,bars, that could be anywhere with a stretch of beach in the world, too touristic, you've got it right.

If not consider staying somewhere else. Even the touristic Albufeira is better than Praia da Rocha..

by nadalert

Ok I have changed my hotel to one in Albufeira just outside the town. Hopefully that will be better! Thanks again

Transport from FARO to PRAIA DA ROCHA

by bmbr

Hiya folks.....neeed to get from Faro to Praia da Rocha. is there a good local transport system ? Have any of you travelled this way before ? have tried the bus and train website but cant get the timetable or prices. would love a little advice from someone who has already travelled this way, thanks
Brenda

RE: Transport from FARO to PRAIA DA ROCHA

by geordieontour

are you in a party or travelling alone

I use http://www.farotransfer.com/ cost to the above about 57 euros pay the driver on the day if this helps

Comments