Marina de Portimao, (formerly Tivoli Arade), Portimao, Algarve, 8500, Portugal

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Best in Off Season

I got an awesome deal (40 euros a night for a four star) for through expedia to stay here in March/April which is considered off season...included huge breakfast in the deal as well as lovely surroundings and very friendly staff.

Unique Quality: great location- right next to Praia da Rocha & clubs... very new facilities on the marina.

• seejai's Profile Photo

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a cracking hotel, in a brilliant location, next to the MARINA and beach

this is a great hotel, cheap, with nice rooms, very clean, and great breakfasts the following day!

lovely location, short walk into town (15-20mins)

recommened!

also, friendly staff!

Unique Quality: the pool was big, but it wasnt warm enough to try it out!

Directions: 60k from FARO airport!

• Great Hotel

Although this hotel is a little off the beaten track, it is clean, quiet and very well maintained. There is an outdoor pool, hot tub and a gym. They have a free breakfast included with stay, and the food is excellent. Try to get a room facing the marina, it is really nice.

Directions: Close to Praia de Rocha

More about Tivoli Marina Portimao

Great location - Breakfast is ...trying

We have just returned from a fortnight holiday August 13 onwards. We have 2 kids.

This is a great location for a hotel that has both wonderful views of the Marina, and calm - relaxing pace.

The pool is larger than it appeared on the Tivoli website.

The rooms are well maintained and high grade, with everything that we would have hoped for supplied.

I didn't really get the Brits abroad feel that the previous reviewer experienced. The people from the UK that we met seemed nice - and the dress is casual which worked for us.

This is a great destination and we will go back again next year - I read this informative web site ahead of our family holiday – having booked the trip myself (I got it terribly wrong with a duff hotel in Tenerife last year!) and I was well under pressure to make sure this was successful experience.

So please don’t be too put off by the following:

(1) In our opinion the hotel does have a problem with the 'included' buffet breakfast arrangement - which is a real shame because the breakfast on offer is absolutely fine. The staff can’t cope with the numbers at breakfast and seemed to have developed a coping strategy that comes across as indifferent. Each morning was a (not even) comical wait for tables to be vacated, set...now I have a coffee cup - oh dear the machine is empty; now I have plate - the fruit has gone – I know this sounds petty but - you had to be there. Extra staffs are needed to clear tables and service the demand –it would have made such a difference!
Tell me if you have ever seen a better view to drink your coffee (…once you have a cup)
On an evening the service was fantastic.

(2) Joining a queue of people checking in at reception each morning, dressed in your bathing gear – to wait for pool towels is a crazy idea, please let reception know – like we did that towels need to be near the pool – then the problem will be sorted for our holiday next year!

Take the Water Taxi (Leather Seats) for a memorable early evening meal across the River - reception will book both taxi and restaurant that serves wonderful fish.

Fantastic and lovely place

by TripAdvisor Member chus

Spend last week of Augost 2005. This hotel was incredible, the views were absolutly fantastic. private beach in hotel, and at 100m. Praida da Rocha. The room (junior suite) was really big and clean enough. A lovely terrace view port and ships, absolutely calm. Correct breakfast, and the best thing the place where you have it... Marvellous ... We use the pool only one day, and it was really ok. The staff, were correct (we have a problem with the fridge and they came in 10 minutes). OK, they don't help you with the bags..i don't need it, I'm 30 years old, i can take it. they indicate me everything i need. Distance from the rooms to the restaurant? I'd rather like this than hotels with 10 floors .... Last 2 year travelling Rome, London, Lisboa, Tunisia and skiing.. at least at 4 stars hotels, and i can considerate one of the best. You almost can go walking to the town by the night. We also have dinner at the beach restaurants (fantastic and romantic). I'll try to repeat next summer!!!!! Absolutely recomendated for roumantic couples, and familys with babys...and the price with spanish bonus (bancotel,hotelplus..) was really cheaper!! I made a lot of photos, and have litlle viedos too!!!

praia da rocha hotel algarve portimao portugalpraia da rocha hotel algarve portimao portugal

Comments