Atismar

Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Average place just behind the beach front

I chose to stay here for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it was cheap and close to a beach (even though I'm not a huge beach fan as I burn to easily) and secondly, Quarteira is located roughly in the middle of the Algarve and so proved to be a good base for getting out and about as I hired a car. The hotel itself did the job nicely for the 5 days I was in the Algarve. Staff were friendly and quick and the room was nice and clean with a/c, double bed, large built in mirrored wardrobe, desk, chair, phone, small TV with some English news channels, and a nice bathroom. Sheets and towels were changed every day. Breakfast was OK with a pretty good choice of breads, cheese, ham, eggs, coffee/tea from a self-service machine - that sort of thing. Nothing really special but again it did the job. Facilities include internet (which I didn't use) and a small swimming pool which was very cold. The pool area is a little on the dirty side. There's plenty of restaurants along the beach promenade plus an Irish bar a few minutes walk away (see my nightlife tips), small supermarket, bus station and a few shops.

More about Atismar

Quiet Indian

by Willettsworld about Gandhi Indian Tandoori

This Indian restaurant is located next to the hotel I stayed in (the Atismar – see my accommodation tips) and when I visited, one Saturday night, I was the only one in there! Now, this normally isn’t a good sign and is unheard of back home in the UK (Saturday night is always busy for Indian restaurants) but I need not to have worried as the food was very good, rich and spicy and very quick (well I was the only one there, of course!). They serve all the usual dishes that you get back home.

Comments