Hotel Vila Gale Albacora

Quatro Aguas - Antigo Arraial Ferreira Neto, Tavira, Algarve, 8800-901, Portugal
Vila Gale Albacora
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Vila Gale Albacora

Ben-UK's Tavira, Portugal page

by Ben-UK

Tavira doesn't really make any concessions to tourism - and I liked it for that ..

A former tuna fishing port on the eastern end of the Algarve, Tavira is split by the River Gilao, crossed by a seven-arched Roman bridge.

The best view of Tavira is from the walls of the Moorish castle - behind the castle is the church of Santa Maria do Castelo, built on the site of a Moorish Mosque and in it are the tombs of Dom Paio Peres Correia and his seven Knights.

If you would like to see more photos, please visit my Tavira Travelogue on this page - thanks.

A roadtrip to Cabo de São Vicente

by Christina1881

We - my bf and I - went to Portugal for a couple of days durring Easter 2006. We decided to go on a little roadtrip, deciding the route as we came along, taking one turn here - another there - and try to find places beautiful and nice to visit, but without using a travel-guide all of the time.

We just wanted to relax and take one day at a time.

We visited the cities/villages mentioned below:

Starting at Granada

->Portimão
-> Lagos
-> Sagres
-> Cabo de São Vicente

-> and lots of others small nameless villages

At the beginning my boyfriend said that he just wanted to reach Portimão, but when we got there we said "lets go to Lagos", and when we reached Lagos I said "lets go to the end of the old world", so we went all the way to Cabo de São Vicente where I imagine that many people before 1492 have been standing on the rocks at the end of Europe thinking "this is the end of the world".
We saw the most beautiful sunset there - looking over the ocean, only seeing the ocean. No land on the other side (at least that we could see) and I kept thinking on my history books, and the world of long time ago, when this really was the end of the world and they did not know that on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean there was a new world to be discovered.

Our trip through Portugal was a really beautiful trip, we saw so many really beautiful places, and especially the Orange Trees there were blooming was a wonderful experience for me (coming from Northeurope where oranges is something that comes from south of Europe or Latin America!!) The smell of the trees was AMAZING! The smelled so GOOD! I did not know that.

We ate at some really good sea-food restaurants on all of the trip, and slept either in hostels or in the tent that we had brought along. We had a really beautiful and relaxing trip.

Unfortunately my camera broke just before taking off for this trip, so I have only very few pictures taken by my bf. It is a shame, especially since my cam is better, and I would have loved to show some of the beautiful places that we went - and keep the pics as nice reminderes of a wonderful trip - but at least I always have the memories kept in my heart.

Tavira - PortugalTavira - Portugal

anybody living in tavira portugal

by johnmckenna

looking for information from somebody living in tavira portugal

This is the list of VT members resident in Tavira -

Not all of them are currently active - note the Last Online Date given.

by ranger49

PS - If you would like to ask a specific question about Tavira - it is very possible that a VT member, not necessarily resident there - might be able to help.

by cubsur

Not important then.

by johngmckenna

sorry for delay had a problem did not know how to reply looking for the name of a estate agent in the old area of tavira i had his web address and e-mail address had a problem with my computer and lost all info only info i have it was a husband and wife i think his first name was bjorn there business was in the old square

by ranger49

You might be looking for a needle in a haystack but google found this list for me in seconds -

If you don't find what you are looking for there I suggest you play around a bit on google with different search phrases.
Of course you could be lucky - a member might come along and recognise just the one you want.
Good Luck.

by johngmckenna

thanks tried the normal channel even tried google new street search does not work in tavira

by johngmckenna

hi had a look at algarve agent think it might have the right one sent them a e-mail waiting for a reply thank you very much for your help

by ranger49

You are welcome - just hope it turns out you have found what you are looking for.

Seville Spain to Tavira Portugal

by TerryKooper

What is the easiest way to travel from Seville Spain to Tavira Portugal in the Algarve?

Re: Seville Spain to Tavira Portugal

by happysnapperuk

Terry, that´s kind of an open question, it partly depends on your circumstance. In the next couple of weeks I´m driving from Granada Spain to Albufeira Algarve via Sevilla. It´s a straight A92 - A49 for me, past Tavira and into Albufeira. I doubt you´ll find suitable air flights and I reckon you´d easily get a bus from Sevilla to Huelva on the border. Don´t know about buses in Portugal. Trains? Hmmm, I´d be pretty dunious on that one lol.

Jim

Travel Tips for Tavira

pego do inferno

by quartinb

thou' anyone living in Tavira knows it, pego is completely off the beaten path for travellers. so to get there just ask someone from that parts and you'll be able to get there, with more or less dificulty to a lovely place inland the town of Tavira.
don' t know why this is called inferno being such a beautiful place as you can see in the travelogue inferno.

delicious food, efficient service

by averageyorkshirejoe about Brisa do Rio

This restaurant is my favourite in Tavira, the food is simple,local and delicious. Everytime time we go it is always very busy with repeat clients and its the same two hardworking waiters who are rushing around but still find time to treat you as individuals. Its only a small restaurant with some tables outside and because its quite popular there is usually a wait for food but it is definately worth waiting for. I can honestly say that between me and my husband we have probably tried most dishes and all were superb-the apple,goats cheese and honey starter deserves a special mention though, as does the duck and the peri-peri shrimps, infact the portugese steak is fab and so are the lamb dishes! finish off the meal with a glass of beirao, its a liquer served over ice made in portugal and it has a secret blend of herbs in it that is good for your digestion but also tastes lovely. It isnt in a fancy place by the river and it doesn't serve its food on elaborate plates in a designed way, its just great tasting food in a lovely atmosphere with sincere,efficient staff.

Tavira Castle and gardens

by davesut

The 'castle' is just a couple of walls that are still standing, no entrance fee and none worth it but the gardens are nice for a shady spot and the view looks out towrds the sea. The toilets here were absolutely horrible. The view from the top of the castle, the more observant will note a sky line in Algarve with no high rises in this.

Comments