Avenida Valbom 13, Cascais, Estremadura, 2750-508, Portugal

Booking.com Travelocity Hostelworld.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 22% more than other 3 star hotels

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Great flower setting

The Casa da Pergola is a mediterranean style mansion hotel with white marble floors and staircases, beautifully decorated bedrooms and a charming garden.

This hotel offers a very personal service to its guests.

Directions: From the station main exit cross the roundabout and proceed into Av. Valbom. The Hotel is at the righthand side.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Casa da Pergola

The Casa da Pergola is a 19th century mansion surrounded by beautiful gardens right in the centre of the town. This Mediterranean residence has remained in the same family for well over a hundred years. There are hand painted Portuguese tiles, bas relief stucco ceilings, marble floors and an ornate staircase.

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Beautiful

Casa De Pergola is a lovely hotel in the centre of town set in lovely gardens, it looks like a dolls house the decor is so unusual. Its 122 euros a night including breakfast.
    It is on Av.Valbom, number 13. The satff are friendly. Room sare en-suite and theres a tv room and a nice patio to sit outside with a cold beer.

More about Casa da Pergola

THE PERGOLA HOUSE

by LoriPori

Hans and I did not stay here, but a few of our VT friends did and they all loved it there.
Located in the very heart of Cascais ( Avenida Valbom 13) and right across the street from our Hotel Albergaria Valbom, is the Mediterranean style 19th century mansion THE PERGOLA HOUSE. It has elegant white marble floors and staircases, 10 rooms with "bas relief" stucco ceilings and all with ensuite bathrooms and a beautiful garden.
The house has always belonged to the same family for over a century. Its beautiful facade is adorned with ancient hand-painted tiles and flowering bougainvillea.
Just a few minutes walk from the train station and close to restaurants and the beach.
I just loved and admired this house and thought it was worth its own page.

Explore Cascais on foot.

by suvanki

Thursday, was my first chance to explore Cascais, so after a breakfast of pancakes, juice and coffee at Sobe e Desce, which I later realised was opposite Alberge Valbom -or AV VT HQ as I named it (Due to the majority of VTers staying there), and a quick peek at the outside of the stunning Pergola House, where I found out later some other VTers were staying at (and recommended that I had a look at this Guest Houses web page) I set off to wander around Cascais.
My tips will be in the order that I walked that day.

Cascais is easy to get around on foot -there are maps available from hotel receptions or the Tourist office in the centre.
Make sure that you've got comfy shoes-the pavements in the town are made up of stone 'setts' and can be uneven and slippery in parts. Also sun screen, hat and water etc.

Besides walking around the towns streets, there are parks and gardens, museums, a few churches, the harbour , citadel (no entry to the public)and Marina.

A couple of pleasant walks are to the Boca do Inferno- a flat paved area to walk, ( keep out of the cycle lane!) and to Estoril (where you can get the train or bus back)

Pergola House, Cascais, PortugalPergola House, Cascais, Portugal

Pergola HousePergola House

Safe place to park a car

by matcrazy1

Where to park a car for 4 days/nights in Cascais? Are there any safe underground parkings in the area? How much is it? Well, the parking may be locked/closed at night - I am not going to use my car during my stay in Cascais.

Next Wednesday my wife Urszula (matcrazy0) and I start fantastic trip (I can't wait :-) from Poland to Euromeet in Cascais. Surely, as always, we will travel by car. We are going to visit northern Spain and Portugal on the way there and back (+ maybe Bordeaux, Biarritz and generally Burgundy in France). It's 3400 km one way! Unfortunatelly our centrally located hotel in Cascais (Pergola House) doesn't guarantee any parking place. Hmm... two weeks ago I parked my car overnight in northern France on a public paid parking and I (and 7 other cars) had flat tires in the morning. That's why I ask (being warned of car burglaries as well) and I worry about it.

Greetings and hugs,
Matt.

by matcrazy1

Maybe I should take my dog and leave him as a guard inside a car? :-)
Well, I am not going to do it.

Matt.

by Kakapo2

If the dog is inside the car the tyres could still be flat ;-)

by colares

Hi Matt,

that's a problem. Parking in general is a problem in Cascais. Follow the instructions given on the Homepage of Pergola House as far as parking is concerned!
There is another parking at the Marinha (port), - 10 min walk from Pergola - which is quite big and you have to pay for. It does not solve the security problem as well. Best you ask at your hotel for advice. - And take everything out of the car (including the dog!).

In case you plan to stay in Burgos (northern Spain - really worth a visit) here is a Hotel with secured garage (12€)two minutes walk from the old town and Cathedral: http://www.hotelfernangonzalez.com/. When driving by car to Portugal we always stay there.
Another secure option in that area is 30 km before you reach Tordesillas: El Montico. Next to the Highway, but calm in a huge (secured)park: http://www.elmontico.com/default2.aspx

Enjoy the trip and see you.

Comments