Grande Hotel Monte Estoril

Av. Saboia 488, Estoril, Estremadura, 2765-277, Portugal

More about Estoril

Bernd, Antonio and TrekkiBernd, Antonio and Trekki

Tamariz beachTamariz beach

Suet going for the Birthday boySuet going for the Birthday boy

VT crowd shooting picturesVT crowd shooting pictures

Travel Tips for Estoril

ESTORIL PROMENADE

by LoriPori

Hans and I thoroughly enjoyed walking along the ESTORIL PROMENADE from Cascais. The promenade accesses most of the beaches between the two towns. All along the promenade, you will find restaurants with outdoor terraces, many "OLA" ice cream kiosks - my favourite was chocolada - places to rent snorkel equipment and kayaks, places to rent umbrellas and loungers ( expensive at 12 Euros for all day), plenty of benches to sit on, washroom and shower facilities, Circuito Activo ( exercise area) and so on. We would usually go for a few hours - sit, people watch, have an ice cream, enjoy the seaside breezes and the warm sun on our faces - just relax!

Estoril

by Andrew_W_K

"Estoril"

Although Estoril has all the trappings you need to attract the rich and famous (a motor racing circuit, casino, air conditioned malls selling overpriced designer labels, need I go on?) I always feel that its a poor relation of its less salubrious neighbour Cascais. It has the same golden beaches and the same sea but Cascais is a far nicer place to be.

Finally at the dinner place

by pollon

a2lopes aka Antonio, one of the untiring and wonderful organizers pretending to look bad at me because... because in spite I had really tried to find a way to go to the meeting, at the beginning of the week of the meeting, I had sent a message apologizing because I could not be present :-(
But... :-) on Friday I "sms"ed him saying I had just booked a flight and if there was still a place at the dinner for me...?

Anyway Antonio was just pretending to be angry at me :-)

"At my table:"

globetrott aka Michael

"Old and new friends"

cachaseiro aka Claus, KiNyA aka Jerca and OH_DK aka Ove

"Still at my table"

fairy_dust aka Amelie

SOLODANCER aka Gabriel

Kishore7 aka Kishore and Kaspian aka Edward

I'm a real cats' lover and could not miss a pic of KiNyA's T-shirt!

Comments