Av. Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro, 105, Lisbon, Estremadura, 1099-031, Portugal

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 55% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Good Central Location - Mediocre CS & Stolen Ipad

I read the reviews of this hotel so I was excited to visit Lisbon and stay here for business. Most of the reviews I read were great, however, I would not trust everyone when they say that it is 5 stars. I have traveled around the world and I know what 5 stars is. I would give this place 3 stars because 1) the customer service is not great 2) the elevators are extremely slow 3) the food is not good 4) you do not want to stay here when there is a conference because it will take up the entire hotel 5) the walls are thin

What I do like about this area is that 1) the view is great 2) the location is central 3) if you like to take the Metro, it is a few steps away

Out of all the hotels that I have stayed at, I have never had any theft issues. I usually do no write hotel reviews but I had to for this one. My iPad 2 was taken from my room here. I am not blaming the staff 100% directly, however, when I left my iPad in this room and came back, it was gone. We can leave it at that.

Always use the safe if you have personal belongings that are high value or keep it with you at all times.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Wonderful friendly 5-star Hotel in Lisboa

I loved this hotel despite it’s a bit off location from downtown Lisboa – but then taxis are quite affordable here and bringing us to the center costs anywhere from US$4-6. I thought I booked a four star hotel, but I think I saw in the Corinthian hotel guide later that this is actually a FIVE star hotel and it does live up to these standards.

Arrival was nice with the doorman greeting us and getting your luggage quickly (making us a bit concerned that it might get lost, but it did not – somehow, he tucked our luggage somewhere and they just miraculously followed us to our room). The front desk was very friendly and spoke English very well and they answered our questions well. We actually arrived at 1030 AM and we were given a room immediately and did not have to wait for an available one – perfect!

The room was very nice and spacious with luxuriously prepared beds – we got a room with two beds because I was travelling with my sister and the sheets/covers were smooth and clean. It also kept up to it’s name of non-smoking and the bathroom was spotless with all the little essentials like shampoo, soap and tiny comb for me. There were two nice robes for us, and my sister had a little difficulty looking for the blowdryer which was actually “inside” the room’s office desk.

There was free wireless internet and this was awesome because I was able to post the jumping pictures we made with VTers we met in Alcochete (A2lopes who picked us up from the hotel, jorgec 25, and lusatraveller).

The pool was wonderful – nice wooden floorings and very nice ambiance with spa services for our enjoyment. Excellent…they open the pool at 8AM and forgot what time they closed. The water was cold though so I don’t think it was heated but it was okay after the first shocking dive. T

here’s a wonderful outside patio for sunbathing and we wouldn’t mind having spent more time in the pool area but Lisboa was beckoning us to explore.

Unfortunately we were not able to eat at therestaurant of this hotel and I did not get to sample their breakfast. We were always out very early and did not pay for the breakfast option (forgot how much it was but I chose the "cheaper price without breakfast" when I booked through Expedia).

Would not mind bringing the whole family here next time to stay in this nice hotel when we visit this wonderful city again in the future.

More about Corinthia Lisboa Hotel

Great service in Lisbon

by sookhar

"Corinthia Hotel Lisbon"

My husband and I stayed at the Corinthia Hotel in Lisbon for a conference. My sciatic nerve was pinched during my flight and I was having excruciating pain shooting down my leg. I was wheelchair bound when I got to the hotel. We called the US embassy who provided us with the number of a doctor, Dr. Ribeiro, who was great. He diagnosed the problem and then gave the prescriptions to the concierge who not only filled out the prescription for us but was able to find a nurse to administer the cortisone shot; all these within 2 hours of the initial call to the doctor. Wish health care in the US is that simple. I wish also to thank the very helpful lady at the concierge, Marta (I think, she wears glasses); she also arranged for a wheelchair and put us in a room for the disabled. All the staff there were extremely helpful, including the bellboys, the doormen and the wait staff. I highly recommend Corinthia for their excellent service. Thanks, Corinthia, for a pleasant stay.

"Columbo Mall, Lisbon"

Since I was wheelchair bound, I couldn't do much of the sightseeing. I therefore spent time at Columbo mall which is supposed to be wheelchair accessible. For the most part, shopping was good. I especially enjoyed Zara for their great prices. We also ate at the Tipico Medeiras restaurant in the mall. The food and sangria there was good. However, even tho we were told the metro is wheelchair accessible to the mall, we had problems finding the elevators. I had to physically climb the stairs in great pain. An attendant in the vicinity who could assist travelers would be great.

"Appetizers brought to your table are not free"

Just be aware that if you are served appetizers like ham, bread, olives, etc., without you ordering it; they may not be free. You are immediately charged if you eat those. We were charged 15 euros for bread and olives and proscuito that were brought to our table. We were told that we have the option of not eating those and then we will not be charged.

Hotels with Pools

by charming14

Hi guys,

My friend and I are visiting Lisbon in September and are trying to find a hotel in central Lisbon with a swimming pool? Any recommendations? We have been ardently trying to find one but to no avail...we will of course be taking the time to visit the nearby beaches at Cascais but we are water babies, and would like to dip in when we can!!

Any advice would be most appreciated :)

Charming (London)

by SOLODANCER

One good one centrally located is the VIP Orion Eden Apartment/Hotel

It's a newish hotel, reasonable with each room fitted with full kitchen, fridge and some with washer/dryer. The swimming pool is right on the rooftop with stunning views over the city and the castle above the Alfama hills. To get this view asks for a room facing the avenue.

Located just next to the main tourist office at Praca dos Restauradores at the foot of Avenida da Liberdade. You won't find any better central location than this wherein you're everything is literally within easy reach.

I have a little review of it in my Lisbon page if you care to check it out.

Enjoy Lisboa.

by swissfondue

I second the suggestion for VIP Eden Apartment Hotel. Great location although I think anywhere near the very user friendly metro is central in Lisbon.

I havent stayed there myself but have friends who said the rooftop pool and panoramic views are special. I think they were dropped off outside the hotel by the airport bus which may be useful if you dont have a car.

by jumpingwithnorman

When we stayed at Lisbon last September, we stayed at the 4-star Corinthia Hotel Lisboa. They have a spa and an indoor pool. Pretty much had the pool to ourselves. I've got pics of the pool if you want to see. Let me know.

Comments