Av. Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro, 105, Lisbon, Estremadura, 1099-031, Portugal

jumpingwithnorman's Profile Photo

Affordable luxury

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 13, 2013

The Corinthia Hotel is set a little bit away from the tourist destinations as it is nearer the financial center. Its location provided a nice respite from the tourist hustle and bustle. Their rooms were clean and comfortable, the beds relaxing and the facilities outstanding. The staff was very helpful and it was nice to have reliable WiFi in the room.

Unique Quality: Loved the indoor swimming pool. The spa is a nice touch also.

Directions: Financial area, 7km from Lisbon Airport

Good Central Location - Mediocre CS & Stolen Ipad

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 2, 2011

I read the reviews of this hotel so I was excited to visit Lisbon and stay here for business. Most of the reviews I read were great, however, I would not trust everyone when they say that it is 5 stars. I have traveled around the world and I know what 5 stars is. I would give this place 3 stars because 1) the customer service is not great 2) the elevators are extremely slow 3) the food is not good 4) you do not want to stay here when there is a conference because it will take up the entire hotel 5) the walls are thin

What I do like about this area is that 1) the view is great 2) the location is central 3) if you like to take the Metro, it is a few steps away

Out of all the hotels that I have stayed at, I have never had any theft issues. I usually do no write hotel reviews but I had to for this one. My iPad 2 was taken from my room here. I am not blaming the staff 100% directly, however, when I left my iPad in this room and came back, it was gone. We can leave it at that.

Always use the safe if you have personal belongings that are high value or keep it with you at all times.

jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Wonderful friendly 5-star Hotel in Lisboa

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 14, 2009

I loved this hotel despite it’s a bit off location from downtown Lisboa – but then taxis are quite affordable here and bringing us to the center costs anywhere from US$4-6. I thought I booked a four star hotel, but I think I saw in the Corinthian hotel guide later that this is actually a FIVE star hotel and it does live up to these standards.

Arrival was nice with the doorman greeting us and getting your luggage quickly (making us a bit concerned that it might get lost, but it did not – somehow, he tucked our luggage somewhere and they just miraculously followed us to our room). The front desk was very friendly and spoke English very well and they answered our questions well. We actually arrived at 1030 AM and we were given a room immediately and did not have to wait for an available one – perfect!

The room was very nice and spacious with luxuriously prepared beds – we got a room with two beds because I was travelling with my sister and the sheets/covers were smooth and clean. It also kept up to it’s name of non-smoking and the bathroom was spotless with all the little essentials like shampoo, soap and tiny comb for me. There were two nice robes for us, and my sister had a little difficulty looking for the blowdryer which was actually “inside” the room’s office desk.

There was free wireless internet and this was awesome because I was able to post the jumping pictures we made with VTers we met in Alcochete (A2lopes who picked us up from the hotel, jorgec 25, and lusatraveller).

The pool was wonderful – nice wooden floorings and very nice ambiance with spa services for our enjoyment. Excellent…they open the pool at 8AM and forgot what time they closed. The water was cold though so I don’t think it was heated but it was okay after the first shocking dive. T

here’s a wonderful outside patio for sunbathing and we wouldn’t mind having spent more time in the pool area but Lisboa was beckoning us to explore.

Unfortunately we were not able to eat at therestaurant of this hotel and I did not get to sample their breakfast. We were always out very early and did not pay for the breakfast option (forgot how much it was but I chose the "cheaper price without breakfast" when I booked through Expedia).

Would not mind bringing the whole family here next time to stay in this nice hotel when we visit this wonderful city again in the future.

Nearby Corinthia Hotel Lisbon

• Lisbon Corinthia Hotel

Address: Av. Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro, 105, Lisbon, Estremadura, 1099-031, Portugal

7 Photos of Corinthia Hotel Lisbon

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lisbon Travel Forum

Need advice about Lisbon, Portugal? Visit the Travel Forum for Lisbon and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lisbon hotel reviews

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 20 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Lisbon
Castles and palaces
Things to Do
Day trips: Sintra, Cascais, Estoril...
Lisbon neighborhoods
Architecture, monuments, and structures
Live music
Don't go to jail!
Warnings and Dangers
Little things to notice in Lisbon
Monuments and structures
Neighborhood sights
Off The Beaten Path
Day trips: Sintra, Cascais, Estoril, Obidos...
Churches and monasteries
Taxi rip-offs
Tourist Traps
Cervejaria Portugália
Restaurants
Eat, drink, and be merry
Cafe Nicola