Evidencia Light Sta Catarina Hotel

Rua Dr. Luis de Almeida e Albuquerque, 6, Bairro Alto, Lisbon, 1200-154, Portugal
Evidencia Light Sta Catarina Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Lisbon

EntranceEntrance

Main entrance to the dining roomMain entrance to the dining room

Lisbon - PortugalLisbon - Portugal

Carmen, IsaCarmen, Isa

airport to train

by cedallen

How do you get from the Lisbon airport to the train station to travel to porto?
What bus # or train would you take?

by nomad7890

It would probably be easier to just take a taxi to Santa Apollonia station (my train from Porto ended there so I'm assuming it departs from there as well).

Once in Porto the metro can be taken ... see http://www.metrodoporto.pt

The page takes a few seconds to load - but does have an English selection.

by Redang

- Aeroshuttle (CARRIS Nº96) - Available everyday, every 30 minutes between 7am and 11pm, the aeroshuttle connects Gare Oriente - Airport - Entrecampos - Sete Rios - Praça de Espanha.

Tickets (3,50€) can be purchased onboard and also in the Tourism Office at arrivals (public area).

Tel. +351 213 582 334

Source: www.carris.pt

Info from this link: http://www.ana.pt/portal/page/portal/ANA/AEROPORTO_LISBOA_CNT/?AE_LS=181882&actualmenu=193248&cboui=181882

by nomad7890

Good to know Santi! ... when I was in Lisbon in 2005 we just took a taxi, but I did not even look for a shuttle because that was my husband's last trip and I was trying to keep things very comfortable.

by Redang

You're welcome, Martha; don't forget to check www.carris.pt, I think it's more updated

by cedallen

by a2lopes

yes you can take the aeroshuttle ... but the train station is Gare do Oriente
actually is 5 min by taxi from the airport and will cost you less than 5 euros.

check www.carris.pt for bus
check www.cp.pt for train schedulle

enjoy

by cubsur

The Aeroshuttle bus 96 was introduced in 2008. It connects the airport with the Oriente train station and also the important bus terminal at Sete Rios.

If you do not have heavy baggage, the ordinary city bus number 44 also runs between the airport (different stop to the 96) and Oriente station about every 15 minutes (but not after about 2100hrs) and costs only €1.40

All trains to Porto stop at Oriente. All but two begin their journeys in Sta Apolonia. Oriente is close to the airport; Sta Apolonia is in the city centre.

by nomad7890

Hmmm - the Alfa Pendular ended in Santa Apolonia - I did not notice if it passed Oriente on the way there.

by Redang

I really don't know about Alfa Pendular, Martha, but ?'d bet that it stops, Oriente station, as far as I know, is the most important one in Lisbon, so... But check www.cp.pt and it'll tell you

by nomad7890

The AP is the one I just took from Porto - it ended in Santa Apolonia. I don't recall if it stopped elsewhere first, but it did not have many stops. Nice train!

by Redang

Yes, trains in Portugal work really well!, and you must know much better for sure, just wondering

Travel Tips for Lisbon

Safe Lisbon

by SOLODANCER

I'm more familiar with Lisbon than Porto having visited the latter only very briefly.

And having visited Lisbon more than twenty times over the years, I can safely tell you that from my own experience the city is quite safe and has been considered one of the safest in all of Europe. This is not saying Lisbon doesn't have its share of petty crimes, principally pickpockets which tend to occur in crowded trams and buses. Other than that, the city isn't known to suffer from big crimes violently-motivated that we hear of occuring in big cities of this size.

Having said that, the neighborhoods of Lisbon (the old part that is) are pretty much safe and pleasant areas to base oneself in during a visit. But if you want central location, ambiance, convenience as far as public transport access, fun atmosphere, cultural diversity, etc....I'd stick to staying in the old section of the city. So you have the most obvious choices of great neighborhoods as Bairro Alto (more bohemian), the Alfama district (old Moorish neighborhood but more uphill), Mouraria (also more uphill next to Alfama), Lapa and Alcantara (a bit farther away towards Belem but closeer to the sea front), the Belem district (where the main tourist attractions of great monuments are located, also a bit farther away and no longer practical on foot) or even staying right in the Baixa, the flat area along central Avenida da Liberdade and main hub of the city.

I personally love staying in Bairro Alto for its wonderful atmosphere.

Take time to look thru member pages for great resources you may need...to give you a wider perspective.

Enjoy Lisbon. One fantastic city it is.

Palacio National de Queluz

by andrea.d

National Palace in Queluz is another place I’d recommend to visit, it’s a charming 18th century palace with a beautiful garden.
Entrance is 4 euros; palace is open 10am-17pm, closed on Tuesdays.

How to get to Queluz: By train Linea Sitra/Sintra Line, stop Queluz. After leaving the train just follow the street signs to the palace.

MOSTEIRO DOS JERÓNIMOS

by LysDor

Because of Vasco da Gama´s return, the monastery - Mosteiro dos Jerónimos - was orderded to be build by Dom Manuel I. The former chapel and the monastery used to be places where sailors kept their vigil before departing.

The architecture is famous of it´s Manueline decoration and religious and secural carvings.

===> continues next page

Football Fever!

by Bwana_Brown

Our trip had finally drawn to a close as we found ourselves down to the last night in Lisbon after we had completed our Serra de Sintra drive ('Distrito de Lisboa' page) earlier in the day. Once again we made the moderately long walk from our hotel in the Saldanha area to the tourist area near the Rossio and Restauradores Squares. It was not too bad going there, downhill along a confusing series of narrow streets (and narrow sidewalks) going in various directions!

As we came closer to the centre of action, we passed many small local 'hole-in-the-wall' restaurants doing fairly good business. After a while, we noticed that in every one of them, all customers and most of the staff seemed very intent on the 'in-house' TV. Finally we arrived at our destination and we eventually picked a restaurant right next-door to the one that we had chosen on our first night in Lisbon! Even here, the restaurant 'callers' working the street passers-by seemed to be captivated by the TV program blaring in the nearby restaurants.

Only later did we learn that this was the night of the big showdown for the European Cup, with the Porto club from northern Portugal playing France's Monaco club at a venue in Germany! As we sat there eating our meal, we were occassionally interrupted as the waiters came running out to announce the score, with Porto emerging the 3-0 winner!

Of course, football fever was really building now at the end of May, since Portugal was hosting the Euro2004 tournament in June. On our way back up the dark streets to our hotel there was much whooping and hollering going on as the whole country celebrated the win! One gang of young men on the other side of the street shouted something at us as we made our way along and I shouted 'Porto' back at them, which seemed to make them very happy!!

By the way, Portugal had a great run at the Euro2004 tournament as well, losing in the final to surprising upstart Greece! I followed all the games after I had returned to Canada!

Marchas Populares

by dila

Folk Parades
From 5 to 7 june 2009 at 21.00, Atlantic Pavilion (el Pavilhao Atlantico) Nations Park (Parque das Nacoes.
Metro Station oriente
Tickets 6 euro
On 12th june 2009 21.00 Parade at Avenida da Liberdade
metro station Marques de Pombal or Avenida. Free.
I went on the first evening to the parade as i was not in Portugal no more on the 12th.
I didnot know exactly what to expect but the atmsospere was great.
People yelling and singing before it started.
It started at 22.00 so only saw the infant parade (childern parade) and the next 2 parades.
think there were 6 in total.

Comments