Hotel Tivoli Lisboa

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

An excellent 5 star hotel for the night

A friend of mine booked the room and I managed to sneak past a share the room with him....well it was only for one night. Nice central place in the heart of Lisbon. Excellent terrace restaurant. A good spot for pre match lunch...if you can afford the bill

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Tivoli Lisboa Hotel

On our short trip to Lisbon we wanted to stay as centrally as possible to avoid wasting time travelling between our hotel and the action - so we chose the Tivoli Lisboa Hotel.

Located on the palm lined Avenida da Liberdade, it is less than 10 minutes walk from Rossio Square and only a minute or two walk from the nearest metro station.

The Tivoli Lisboa is classed as a 5 star hotel, and had many of the facilities you would expect, though it was not the full '5 Star' experience that I have experience in other countries. That said, it was still very nice and I would deinitely return there as the location was perfect for us, the rooms were clean and the staff mostly friendly. We thought that the rate we paid (123 euro per night) was very good value.

Unique Quality: Our room had a view over the busy Avenida da Liberdade, but was still quiet. Bathroom facilites were good and the mini bar was well stocked. The hotel has 2 restaurants - a 'Buffet' Restaurant, where breakfast is served, along with lunch and dinner, and also the Terrace Restaurant on the top floor, with nice views, which is open for dinner. There is also a whiskey bar in the lobby.

The breakfast buffet was included in our room rate and a pretty good selection was on offer - well presented and fresh and tasty.

All in all, if you can get as cheap a rate as we did then this hotel is a bargain!

Directions: Nearest metro: Avenida is less than 2 minutes walk

• andrea.d's Profile Photo

If you're looking for the best...

This very special hotel combines the traditional art of Portuguese hospitality, with facilities and services that meet the demands of modern-day travellers and businessmen.

• Risa_Girl's Profile Photo

For the Business Traveler

The Tivoli Lisboa is a clean and safe hotel. Their breakfast buffet is excellent and so is the food from the room service menu. I would not stay there again, however, and do not recommend it for younger travelers (20's-30's). All of the guests seemed to be there on business, which gives the hotel a tense and boring atmosphere. There are no cafes close by and the walk down the Avenue to get to any of them is about 15 minutes with nothing interesting to see along the way except for a lovely fountain pictured here.

Unique Quality: I had hoped to go to the garden where the pool is located but it was closed and not accessible because I was there on off-season (February). This was disappointing because even though it was too cold to go swimming, it still would have been nice to be able to sit in the garden. The only other place to hang out is the piano bar in the lobby.

Directions: The hotel is located on the Avenida Liberdade a main thoroughfare that reminded me of Park Avenue in New York. Very busy and lots of traffic.

More about Hotel Tivoli Lisboa

Good moderate priced accomodation

by zirakzadeh about Tivoli Lisboa

Solid, moderate priced hotel. Comfortable, clean, and good food at the hotel bar and restaurant. Very Professional. It is listed as a 5 star restaurant but it really isn't. Nonetheless, it is a very good hotel to base your sight seeing in Lisbon.

Tivoli Lisbon, good location & pool

by TripAdvisor Member youngc

We stayed at the Hotel Tivoli in Lisbon in Aug-05 while visiting town to see U2 in concert. We were impressed with the location, on the main Av. de Liberdade within walking distance of the main Praca dos Restauradores.
Our room was quite small, but it was clean and quiet with a comfortable bed, not bad for E130 per night including breakfast (which was a very good buffet with a good choice of hot and cold items). I did not find any problems with the decor and did not agree with other reviews which stated that the hotel needed serious renovation.
The best feature of the hotel is the pool, hidden away at the back it is surrounded by trees and is a lovely oasis after a hot day sightseeing.
The staff were friendly and efficient.
A would recommend this hotel if you are visiting Lisbon.

Loved the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Caecilie

We just returned from a one week trip to the Hotel Tivoli Lisboa. We had a great time there. If you take a room on the 7th floor (we had No. 742) you will have a wonderful view. The staff is very friendly, the restaurant with view over Lisbon is excellent, the rooms are very clean and you will find fresh fruits and a bottle of water for welcome there and every evening a sweet for the night. For breakfast you will find also everything you wish. So we can highly recommend this hotel and we will return.

Loved it!

I loved the Hotel Tivoli Lisboa. It had an elegant old world charm feeling. The staff was formal but still friendly and very helpful. Good location. Close enought but not too far from Rua Augusta and everything else down that direction. Beautiful pool, breakfast buffet, and decor. Would definately stay here again.

Great Location - very good standard

by TripAdvisor Member BGHNB

I can definately recommed the Tivoli Lisbon.

~ Very friendly staff
~ Good quality food
~ Above average rooms. (possibly a little on the small side but well furnished)

The hotel is 15 minutes walk from the centre of Lisbon and 10 minutes from the elevator gloria.

There are plenty of busy restaurants within 5 minutes walk.

We caught the AeroBus from the airport which literally drops you just outside €3 and provides you with a ticket for all day travel on the trams.

Pictures of the hotel and rooms on this site are very accurate.

Great location but not for tea lovers

A beatutiful hotel with courteous staff and great food.

My main quibbles are over
1) the lack of tea making facilities in the rooms, there are none and this is a 5 star hotel. Not so much as a tea spoon, which I need to measure my medicine nor ice in the fridge.
2) Also the way that the drawers are placed inside the wardrobe , very inconvenient to use.
3)Why do you have to pay to watch a film on the TV, there are only news channels in English, nothing relaxing to watch at all. Intersting documentaries though in Spanish!
4) The cost of room service. Our breakfast is included in the price but after a late concert, my daughter needed a lie in so I offered to bring her breakfats back with me. This was not allowed and they wanted me to pay 7euros .50 for housekeeping to bring it up ( and then she would have had to wake up to open the door)
5) There is a hotel gift shop but no one knows when it is open!
6) There is free internet access if you use the lobby computers but I wanted to send documents that were on my laptop and was told that I need to pay 22 Euros to access the internet form my room for 24 hours.
7) I have a bad hip and wanted a gentle swim in the pool. Sadly there were so many steps to the pool and no lift access that I cannot use it

Hotel in Lisbon

by seachange2000

Dear Travelers,
Can anyone who has been to Lisbon lately recommend a great hotel please? It needs to be clean, safe, central and reasonably priced.
Thanks in Anticipation,
Bruce

by Roadquill

We enjoyed out stay at the Vincci Lys by Comercia Plaza. Fairly priced, great rooms, very safe, excellent staff and a kick ass breakfast buffet included. The down side was they only had doubles so when traveling with my wife and 3 adult daughters I had to get a 3rd room. Karl

by cubsur

I stayed this week for 2 nights in the IBIS Saldanha for 55 Euros a night double room. If you are staying only a couple of nights, although it's a standard 'chain' hotel, it's good value. 3 minutes walk from metro and buses with easy connections into the city centre, train stations and airport - which is why I use it for brief stopovers. Perfectly safe and busy area.

by compaq7650

Hello,
Been to Lisbon twice in the past and would recommend that you book directly with residential (residencial) florescente - centrally located at very reasonble price.

Enjoy your trip.

by jorgegomes

Dear Seachange2000,
Tiara Hotel is very well located their website is http://www.tiara-hotels.com/hotel.asp?id_hotel=7&idioma=EN
Another one is Hotel Tivoli Lisboa http://www.tivolihotels.com/hoteis-portugal/destino/lisboa/hotel-lisboa/lista.aspx
If you want a cheaper Hotel you can check IBIS Hotel at http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/reservation/liste_hotels.shtml
Hope to be helpful