Hotel Turim Lisbon

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

A Secluded Jewel

When I first booked my room at Turim Hotel, I thought that it would be a dump. I paid about 60 euro per night on Expedia for this hotel and I believed that meant it would be an old and worn out hotel far from the centre. How wrong I was! The room was absolutely huge, with two double beds, a monstrously large bathroom, television, radio, telephone and AC (not that I needed it in March). The hotel is located in the financial area and is quite quiet at night. The hotel service is very helpful (I didn't have towels when I arrived and then made sure I had an abundance of them within 5 minutes of my asking). Overall a very, very enjoyable place to stay. Perhaps the only drawback is its distance to the historic centre (Baixa, Bairro Alto and Alameda) but you are right near a major subway stop.

Unique Quality: The hotel lounge is not at all expensive and a great place to enjoy a quiet drink and read a book if you feel so inclined. Also, if you are in need of anything quickly, you can always go to the shopping centre on the other side of the underpass.

Directions: Picoas station

• Lovely base

Stayed here for 4 nights in early March. Very satisfied. Large room, TV (no English speaking channels though, so we watched Eurosport in Germanm, and the odd movie shown in English on local channel). Lock for the safe was 2 euros 50 a day to hire which we thought should have been free in a hotel of this class. Extra also was the kitchenette cupboard - you pay to get a key that opens up a cupboard - not sure what is in it - guessing a microwave and cutlery etc. Fresh towels every day, fresh linen if you requested it. Breakfast was included (7.30am to 10.30am) - fruit juices (diluting!), yoghurt, cereal, bread rolls, meat, cheese, scrambled egg, bacon, small hotdog type sausages (very salty), small pastries, boiled eggs, coffee, hot chocolate. Very satisfying, as much as you wanted. We had a drink in the hotel bar one night - happy hour was advertised as 2 for 1 on all drinks between 6pm and 8pm - but we were charged full price for our cocktails (5 euros each). There is a restaurant in the hotel but we didn't use it.

Unique Quality: We thought the hotel was in a great location. Very quiet, no noise of any note from the street we were overlooking. Very near Parque underground - about a 5 minute walk. And very near the El Corte Engles supermarket with underground, cinemas, fast food outlets etc. The hotel is about a thirty second walk from a Chinese buffet which we used twice and thought was excellent.

Comments