Pensao Portuense

Rua das Portas de Santo Antao 149 - 157, Baixa, Lisbon, Estremadura, 1150-267, Portugal

Pensao Residencial Portuense
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• katt2699's Profile Photo

loved it!!

I enjoyed my stay here so much!! it is well situated and my room was a single cozy room and extremely clean!The staff unbelievably kind!!! There was always a smile on everyones face.
    Kathleen will be back =)

Unique Quality: Its near everything in the downtown area!! Its great!

• piglet44's Profile Photo

A heartwarming experience

I cannot praise this hotel enough, especially the incredibly informative and helpful Hussein.
    The staff were always welcoming and helpful in every way. After we were pickpocketed Hussein calmed us down, allowed us to phone our home credit card company at no charge and showed us the way to the tourist police office.The hotel itself is a charming little blue pension right behind Rossio Square. It is convenient and comfortable. It is not a luxurious 5 star place but that is not our style of travel. We like a friendly small place which is clean,and that is what we got.If you are happy with that too I highly recommend it.

Unique Quality: the friendliness of the staff, and the location which is excellent, but still quiet .In the same street there are loads of nice little restaurants to eat at.

• pecsihornet's Profile Photo

Warm hospitality!

Very central (one street from Rossio), safe, very kind,helpful staff, nice rooms, good price!
    we will stay here next time, for sure!

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Budget Lisbon Accommodation

Pensao Portuense is an excellent choice for anyone looking for budget accommodation in Lisbon. At 42 Euro per night for a double room it is one of Central Lisbon's best value options. Located Rua das Portas de Santo Antao, a busy street full of restaurants, it's only a short hop to to Avenida da Liberdade, Baixa and a short climb to Bairro Alto.

We stayed here for five nights during our recent visit to Portugal. We had originally booked in for 3 as we were unsure of our itinerary but as we liked Lisbon so much we returned for two more days after Evora. The staff are very friendly and kindly let us store bags overnight when we went to Evora.

Our room was sufficiently large and had TV, bathroom and air-conditioning. The view on to the alleyway behind was a little disappointing but you can't have everything! Breakfast is also included in the above price.

• csutiluca's Profile Photo

Friendly, very central, safe

I'd found the Pensao on the Internet and we changed e-mails before my arrival. They were very kind and gave all the details I needed to find the place late afternoon, after my plane landed in Lisbon. I had a small room, very clean, with bathroom, air-conditioning and a TV ( speaking Portuguese, what was good for me because I started to learn the language) - and the most important that it is in a very central place in Rua Portas de S. Antao - 2 minutes from Restauradores, Rossio and Avenida da Liberdade.
    This street is the main restaurant street in the lower town and it was a fun to walk along.
    The breakfast was continental, included in the price.
    I'll go back next year - can I tell more?

Unique Quality: Friendly atmosphere, central location

Directions: Baixa, Metro or bus stop Restauradores

More about Pensao Portuense

A Gem of a Hotel

by piglet44 about Pensao Portuense, Lisbon

Well I cannot praise this hotel enough.The hotel is located right near Rossio Square but behind the square so it is not noisy.There are a million little restaurants in the street below where you can eat.The best thing though is the staff.Hussein especially, after we were pickpocketed on our way back from Belem, was so helpful and charming.He calmed us down and put us in touch with the tourist police, and he let us call home free of charge to cancel our visa. He was most gracious and lovely it really helped us to put the event behind us and enjoy the rest of the trip.I can utterly recommend this lovely hotel. The staff and their helpfulness.

Pensao Portuense - any comment ???

by Holleru

Ciao!!!

I'm going to book a room in this pensao for one week in August
but BEFORE doing it... Has anyone stayed there????
Many thanks!!

RE: Pensao Portuense - any comment ???

by robine

No, but I've stayed in various pensoes in Portugal, and they're normally very decent.

Comments