Residencial Dom Sancho I

Hotel Dom Sancho I
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• very nice B&B

Dom Sancho is in a great location. Situated on the Ave. da Liberdade, it is within walking distance of both the business district and Baixa.

This place tends to cater to the "non-backpacker" crowd. Many business travelers come here and tourists who care to spend a little extra money for their comfort.

The staff is wonderful - very, very helpful.

Breakfast is included - much better than some other residencials in the area.

The rooms are very clean, heat/AC, satellite tv, private baths.

It's a great compromise between a fancy hotel and a cheaper backpacker's accomodation.

Directions: on the east side of Ave da Liberdade.

at the address, it is on the 2nd floor. take the elevator up.

More about Residencial Dom Sancho I

Braganca

by salinhopt

The origins of the town of Bragança go back to a series of fortified structures that were changed in the time of King Dom Afonso I into a proper walled citadel by his brother-in-law Fernão Mendes. Completed around 1130 the place was named "Brigantia" and within its walls in 1187 Dom Sancho I built the castle that still remains. This town also gave its name to the last of the Portuguese royal lineage, the House of Bragança that descended from the illegitimate son of Dom João I who was created a Duke in 1442. The tower of the castle was to become a place of imprisonment or refuge for many historic personages including Dona Sancho, the unfortunate wife of its constructor.

Dom Sancho I & the 'Se'Dom Sancho I & the 'Se'

Residencial Dom Sancho I- Lisbon

by elabut

Can anyone supply a review of this hotel? (none at tripadvisor,com). My Mom and her girlfreind will be arriving in Lisbon for thier first visit to Europe. They want to spend 1/2 day in Sintra before going to Algarve. I think it would be good if they stayed at a small freindly hotel. They want something pretty and kind of upscale and are considering Le Meridien at Parc Eduardo ($125). Should I suggest Dom Sancho (~$70)?

Re: Residencial Dom Sancho I- Lisbon

by mcb

I don't know if you have this site already but it is the official one.

I don't know the Hotel from inside but the location is better then Meridian (but i'm sure Meridian have a better service) This Hotel is 1 km from center in the biggest Avenue of Lisbon Av. da Liberdade.. From there you have access to everywhere and you walk less then in Meridian.... If your mother is just looking a good place to sleep Sancho should be good. The difference of prices is almost double...

In

go to "mapa" and the hotel will be located.... do zoom or go to one or other side

Re: Re: Residencial Dom Sancho I- Lisbon

by MFAMILY

HI
IF THEY ARE IN FOR SOMETHING MORE UPSCALE, IN SPITE OF THE LOCATION, SANCHO IS NOT THE ONE.
THERE ARE NICER CHOICES IN THE CENTER, LIKE HOTEL MUNDIAL WWW.HOTEL-MUNDIAL.PT, OR REGENCY CHIADO (THE SITE NOT AVAIL AT MOMENT), BOTH IN THE HEART OF THE CITY.
CHECK THE SITE WWW.MAISTURISMO.PT TO HAVE A LOOK . ANY HOTEL IN AVENIDA DA LIBERDADE , LIKE SOFITEL, TIVOLI, NH LIBERDADE, MARQUES DE POMBAL, ARE JUST FINE.
OR SMALLER , THE HOTEL VENEZA ALSO IN AV. LIBERDADE,

I´M SURE THEY WILL ENJOY. ALL ARE CLOSE TO THE TRAIN STATION FOR THE SINTRA LINE

RGDS

Re: Re: Residencial Dom Sancho I- Lisbon

by mcb

yes you are right but i was just comparing the two, Meridian-Sancho.

Comments