Sweet Home Hospedagem Hostel

Rua dos Correeiros, 161, Lisbon, 1100-164, Portugal
Sweet Home Hospedagem Hostel
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Lisbon

Lisbon's elegant leather glovesLisbon's elegant leather gloves

Exterior (1)Exterior (1)

Miradouro de Santa LuziaMiradouro de Santa Luzia

Elevator Santa JustaElevator Santa Justa

Bar to watch a Soccer Game.....

by fergon

Hi!!! I´ll be in Lisbon on Wednesday and I’m looking for a Bar where I can watch the Soccer game Argentina-Uruguay for the South African world cup qualifications… any recommendations?

Re: Bar to watch a Soccer Game.....

by cubsur

Well it's being shown live on Portuguese channel SportTV 2 but Lisbon is a very big city so a lot could depend on where you are staying. I personally cannot recommend a sports bar where I can be certain it will be shown, sorry.

Travel Tips for Lisbon

Go up the Elavador de Glória...

by davidcross

Go up the Elavador de Glória and look out at the castle and the city as the sun is setting - (photo is a bit earlier in the day.) Another day go up to the castle itself at sunset. Probably eating outside at the Rei dos Frangos with dancers on the edge of the square in view.

Museu Calouste Gulbenkian

by b1bob

We bought all the fixins for lunch at a small grocery store. We found a good place to eat our picnic lunch near the museum. It was a nice, clear and sunny day with a breeze (that kept a lot of bugs away from our picnic). The Portuguese blue tile and the Arabic style prints were especially impressive. What struck me about Lisbon was how small and "user friendly" this national capital city was. That afternoon, we headed for home the opposite way we got there.

Belem Tower

by santax

The Belem Tower is Lisbon's most famous landmark. Built in the Portuguese Manueline style in the 16th century as the watchtower for the explorers' ships, it is a beautful building, listed as a World Heritage monument.

Jacaranda Trees !!!

by Bwana_Brown

When we had finished our tour of Castelo de Sao Jorge, we wound our way back down to the Praca do Comercio area by taking several small winding streets facing toward the Tejo River. As we passed close to the Se (Cathedral), one of whose towers is sticking up in the photo, I was very pleased to come across a nice display of purple Jacaranda trees!

Although this tree, which can grow to about 10 m (33 ft) in height, is native to South and Central America, it is now widely used the world over as an ornamental tree in dry tropical climates. Thr brilliant blue-violet colour of its flowers has always impressed me since I first saw them lining the streets of Luanshya, Zambia many years ago when I lived there! I always think of those good old days when I see them now! These trees grow at many locations in Lisbon and, in fact, lined the streets only a block away from our hotel in Saldanha.

By the way, the Se was first constructed in 1150 but has been rebuilt and repaired several times due to earthquake damage, including the severe one of 1755.

Estadio Da Luz - A Fitting Setting.

by weewatty

Whilst visiting Lisbon I could'nt resist going and having a peek at the re-built Stadium of Light, home of Benfica and host of the Euro 2004 Championship Final.

The paint looked barely to be be dry on this stunning venue, infact workmen were busy still putting the finishing touches to it.

I thought that there would possibly be a Stadium tour or some commercial venture but was disapointed to find out that there was not. Really wanted to get a look inside the stadium though so tried to speak nicely to a security guard, he directed us to a resturant at 'Gate 11' which overlooks the pitch.

Managed to go into the resturant, take a few snaps and have a look whilst dodging inbetween bewildered diners, haha, you gotta do it.

I like Stadiums, they are places of worship, and this one ticks all the boxes. Would love to sample the atmosphere of a big match here, but Scotland got stuffed from Holland in the Euro 2004 play-off so that scuppered my chances, oh well. Just your camera required for this one.

Comments