Tiara Park Atlantic Lisboa

Rue Castilho 149, (formerly Le Meridien), Lisbon, Estremadura, 1099-034, Portugal

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 46% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Elena_blue's Profile Photo

Was that really 5 stars?

Meridien hotel for me was below expectations for a 5 star city hotel. Room was small and dark with a small window. I asked to change it but it was not possible. There was a small restaurant area, the only one in the hotel, next to the lobby, where also breakfast was served. Every morning there was a queue of people waiting to find table for their breakfast. There was also only one small bar area, on the other side of the lobby. There were only two old pc's for customers' use... should I say more? It was below my expectations.

Directions: Marques Pombal area

• dlytle's Profile Photo

An excellent high quality hotel in Lisbon

My wife and I stayed at Le Meridien Park Atlantic Lisbon in early July 2003. The weather was warm and inviting with sunshine the whole time we were in Lisbon. We were just off of a cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon and had 1.5 days and a night to spend in Lisbon before returning to the United States. We knew it?d be a long trip home so we wanted to stay in a very comfortable hotel where we could count on service and room comfort. That?s why we picked this hotel.

We did find that the Le Meridien Park Atlantic Lisbon enjoys a privileged situation right at the heart of Lisbon, in the sophisticated residential area of the Eduardo VII Park. It has an impressive eighteen floor contemporary structure that overlooks the park and our room had an impressive view of the city towards the Tagus River.

Our air-conditioning was making some weird noises but the service staff pretty quickly brought that under control. The service was excellent and we had no problem with language as all of the front desk staff and telephone operators spoke English.

The picture displayed here shows, from upper left to lower right: The Four Seasons Hotel in the foreground with the Le Meredien in the background; a view of our room d?cor; our wonderful garden-shower tub that really provided an exhilarating shower in the morning; a room service breakfast - what?s not showing is the heated tray under the table with pancakes and bacon; the view from our room?s window overlooking downtown Lisbon.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Lisbon.

Unique Quality: The rooms view was magnificent and the staff was extremely cordial.

Directions: Located near Park Edward VII and close to the subway and tour bus lines.

• Jupa's Profile Photo

What a beautiful hotel

Only stayed one night prior to transatlantic cruise. Bright lobby. Reception desk well staffed by friendly clerks. Bell staff very efficient in getting entire travel group's luggage to rooms quickly. Comfortable room. Comfortable beds with big padded headboards for sitting up in bed. Lots of pillows. Well-stocked mini-bar. Nice work desk; didn't use Internet connection. No Golf Channel on TV. Big easy chair.

Unique Quality: Excellent room service. Prompt & hot, good food. Breakfast buffet (included in room charge) was big, varied, and attractive but not hot. Coffee/tea not hot either.

More about Tiara Park Atlantic Lisboa

The worst experience we've ever had

From someone used to staying at 5 star hotels, I must say this is an experience I wouldn't dare to repeat. We had the misfortune of checking in when there were like 4 big groups there, which was clearly confusing the staff to the extent that they were completely ineffective in dealing with the situation, it took us over 2 hours to get from the door to our room (which can be extremely irritating when you've just come in on a transcontinental flight with your rooms supposedly confirmed) Due to the presence of some sort of politician or something at the hotel that day, security was also so tight we couldn't use some of the elevators, nor some facilities like the business center etc.
It took us all day to speak to management, and when we finally did get someone, she was rude and uncooperative, which is not typical of the excellent service we get from hotels when we come to Lisbon.
We were finally fed up of this treatment and when we moved to the Dom Pedro the difference was like that of fire and water. Complaining to the UK offices was a complete waste of time, and I'm happy to say we won't be repeating our visit, and we don't recommend this hotel either.

fantastic hotel

Just returned after staying 3 nights at this wonderful hotel.The rooms are of excellent standard with very comfortable bed , sumptious soft furnishings ,vast mini bar and modern Philip Stark marble bathrooms.However it is the view from the bedroom over Lisbon that I believe sets it apart (we were on the 15th floor) especially at sunrise & sunset.The hotel is in a good location overlooking the Edward VII Park,it is about a 15 minute walk down hill along the Avenue Liberte to the centre.We walked down ,got taxis back very reasonable only 2-3 euros. The NO 2 bus also stops closeby.
Food: This was the best Buffet breakfast we have had at any 5 star hotel with a wide choice including champagne,smoked salmon ,blinis, pancakes as well as the usual fare.It is expensive though 22 Euros so try to get it included in a package.
Eating out i'd recommend La Brassiere de L'entrecote it offers a fixed menu of salad then steak and fries for 14 euros. Excellent service & food & a real bargain.For a special experience Eleven near the hotel is fab but expensive.
We had a wonderful time that was faultless and We'd thoroughly recommend a stay here be prepared to be impressed.

A really good choice

by TripAdvisor Member P72

Stayed 2 nights last week, got a good deal through expedia. Really happy with the hotel - location is good, not right in the centre (not sure Lisbon has one to be honest) but very easy to access by bus/metro. Rooms and cleanliness were just what you would expect; modern, bright, and well kitted out. Decent view from the higher floors, although the ugly 4 Seasons next door does spoil things a little. Service was good - to our surprise they even brought up a bottle of bubbly and a cake for my wife's birthday on the last day! Perfect for a short, comfortable getaway...

A Perfect Start to a Love Birds Trip in Europe

by TripAdvisor Member H0nestTraveler

My amazingly beautiful girlfriend and I arrived in Lisbon at 8am. (I was awake the entire time because the nachos at Newark Airport gave me food poisoning for the entire flight). Since we read off this site that people were able to check in early to Le Meridien we chose this hotel because we were scheduled to arrive hours before check in time. They checked us in early and did it with a smile.

While they did not have a non-smoking rooms available, a result of us being early, the guy said he would give us a nice room. When he said nice, what he meant to say was absolutely amazing. (14th floor corner room overlooking lisbon and the atlantic ocean). They were very nice people in the hotel, but almost all portugese people are very nice. Also, while I was scarred about it being a "smoking room" because I am very sensative to smoke, the room had no trace of smoke.

Anyway, the room was amazing. It was a modern design, with a very comfortable bed, and everything else you would come to expect from a five star hotel. I have nothing negative to say of the hotel, and I am very picky, even for a grad student. Sometimes the maps can be deceiving and show the hotel as being far from the center. It is about half a mile block through a cute little park to get to the main area.

For a first trip to Lisbon.
If you are not someone who hates walking, you can take a walk down to the castle de saint jeorge. It is beautiful and up on a hill. (it was 6 euros per person, and is a must see). We also made it to the monastary which was also gorgeous. The trolly cars are great. While the machine is a little unusual to get the tickets, which you get on the cars, there is a heavy fine if you do not have a ticket. Someone previously wrote about them getting fined on a trip so I thought I would reiterate the point.

We only stayed one night. Yet, I will return to lisbon, and I will most likely be staying at the Le Meridien Hotel. While the resturant looked expensive we did not eat there, instead we strolled down paste the circle and ate on the long strip to downtown lisbon. I think this hotel was amazing and I recommend it to everyone who can afford it.

Thank you Le Meridien and my girlfriend, who picked the hotel, for a perfect night in Lisbon.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Lilo1929

I recently stayed at Le Meridien while attending a 3 day business trip which was held within the hotel. The hotel is situated opposite the Eduardo VII Park and is a 15 minute walk from the main shopping area of Lisbon. The hotel is beautifully presented and I was not disappointed with my guest room on the 6th floor. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean with the only thing lacking being complimentary refreshments. The hotel has two restaurants and a bar. If you are a vegetarian, like myself, then you will struggle for choice. I was a little disappointed to find myself in such an upmarket hotel and finding the only thing I could eat was a cheese sandwich. It should also be noted that the hotel does not have a pool or a substantial gym (it does have a small fitness room with a few treadmills etc). Guests are advised to attend a fitness centre in the adjacent park which charges 16 euros to use their facilities. So, if you are not a fussy eater and not bothered about fitness facilities then I would definitely recommend Le Meridien Atlantic Park.

Lovely hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member Goldcat

I have just returned from a long weekend in Lisbon staying at the Meridien and could not rate it highly enough. From the moment we walked in we felt very welcome and were made to feel important. Our room was lovely, with a fantastic view over Lisbon. The bathroom was great and the room was spacious and tastefully decorated. We ordered room service on two mornings and despite dining on only tea and toast it felt like a real treat.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it really helped to make our weekend extra special, particularly as we had got engaged only a fortnight before we left!

Phone call charge is Outrageous!

If you travel in private, you'd better not making phone calls from the room. Even a Local call costs 1 euro/min. I don't know if it is common at this hotel class in Portugal, but I had never been charged so outrageous for calls in France, Italy or Germany.
Comparatively speaking, Le Meridien Lisboa is good hotel. Staff are very friendly and polite. The room was modern and clean. So it made me disappointed when checking-out.

Comments