VIP Executive Madrid Lisbon

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 27% less but rated 19% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Lisbon

RossioRossio

Les Bretonnes au Pardon (1)Les Bretonnes au Pardon (1)

More of the crowdsMore of the crowds

exhibit at the Nautical Museum, Lisbonexhibit at the Nautical Museum, Lisbon

Cheap hotels in Lisbon

by marina418

Hello
On the 10th of march 'till the 31 of march next year ,me and 10 other people are going to be in Lisbon and we'd like to stay in a cheap hotel since we're on a tight budget.We're doing a project so it would be great if there're any group discounts as well.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

by leics

Try looking at www.booking.com and www.venere.com Both are reliable sites with honest reviews and good mapping. Neither site takes any money from you.

If you find somewhere which appeals (as you almost certainly will) then google the hotel name and contact them directly about discounts for group booking. Neither booking.com nor venere will show any such discount on their listings.

by Redang

Try http://www.residencialflorescente.com/

by cachaseiro

I´m in Lisbon several times a year both for work and for fun and whenever i have to pay myself i mostly stay at a little hotel called "pensao Figueira".
The room prices vary a bit depending on the rooms, but singles are generally 20 something per night and the place is really well run by very good people.
The adress and the review is on this link, where it´s the first hotel mentioned:

by Maurizioago

I'd recommend Pension Beira-Minho. It is a clean and cheap pension located in Praca da Figueira. Thus is in the city center.

by leics

Mariam2010:

Your posts and VT account will soon be deleted by staff.

by cachaseiro

The posts are gone pedmar.
That is why it looks funny now.
We had a spammer visiting here yesterday.

by jorgec25

Hello,

I would also add Pensão Londres, to all these good suggestions:

Carlos

Travel Tips for Lisbon

WiFi in Lisbon

by windcity

I have now returned from Lisbon and can confirm that I tried McDonalds in several locations and found that I was unable to log on, although I did see others using lap tops. It was also very noisy with kids running around and shrieking. We stayed at the camp site and although they offered Internet access it was rarely working.(1.20 euro for 15 minutes) Eventually I discovered that the Ibis hotels offer free Internet and WiFi for their guests, so I asked politely and was allowed to use it. I did notice a few Cyber cafes in Lisbon.

Aerial views

by tini58de

We love aerial views and usually climb a tower in every place we visit, but in Lisbon that was not even necessary:

the first aerial view we had was from the plane, since those planes fly across the city when landing. Spectacular!!

Other great places for aerial views are:

- castello Sao Jorge
- elevador Santa Justa
- miradouros

The Tower of Belém

by DrewV

This Manueline tower used to stand in the middle of the river to guard the harbour from the Spanish/French/Moors/whomever. Now the dredging of the river has moved the land a bit closer to the tower. It's a beautiful piece of practical archiecture and a great place to get views of the Lisbon harbour.

It's also quite possibly the classically Portguese monument. Sort of like Portugal's Eiffel Tower or Statue of Liberty. The beauty, purpose and history of the tower all reinforce the idea of what it means to be Portguese. So it's definitely a must-see!

Learn all about Fado

by littlesam1

I was not familiar with Fado music outside of what I read in a travel guide, until I arrived in Lisbon. Fado is a beautiful and emotional musical art form based in Portugal. Usually there are guitar players and a lady wearing a black shaw singing. Although I do not speak Portuguese, I was able to understand the emotion in the music. While in Lisbon find a restaurant that features Fado music. It will be a fascinating evening of dining for you. We bought several music CD's of Fado music as souvineers.

The Portuguese are...

by snmred

The Portuguese are conservative. Don't be too loud or obnoxious, don't be too drunk in public and remember your manners. Just as any other country, try to learn some of the basic words in their language. Portuguese is a tough language but if you can say please and thank you you will be treated will.

Comments