Vila Gale Opera Hotel Lisbon

Travessa do Conde da Ponte, Lisbon, Estremadura, 1300-141, Portugal

Vila Gale Opera
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 39% less but rated 13% lower than other 4 star hotels

• A nice enough hotel but a bit mean

This is a big, modern and clean hotel for which I booked a single room with no breakfast for £49. Breakfast would have been 10 euros extra had I decided to have it. Internet is free in the lobby but 5 euro extra per day in the bedroom. What really struck me though was that ahead of launching myself on the Lisbon nightlife scene, i asked what the facilities for me being able to iron my shirt somewhere. I was told that there was no such facility other than using the hotel laundry service. I understand hotels are businesses and they are there to make a profit, but in all my journeying so far across the globe, this is the 1st time I can recall ever being given this response. This seemed to me to be taking profiteering a new level and left a bad taste in the mouth.

There were 2 opera singers performing in the lobby in the evening. Serious opera singers and and not some karaoke couple rounded up randomly from the street, these people had hell of a voices on them.

The location is literally right next to the 25 April bridge (when I looked out my bedroom the pillar for the bridge with the '25 April...' writing was 25 yards away. Its down stream from the docas. I walked there in approx 10 mins from the train station at Alcantara. I asked a cab driver when I checked out how much for a cab to the train station and was told 6 euro. I declined that opportunity.

The docas are nearby but as per nightlife review that isn't worth making a journey to for a night out. There's also a big conference centre next to the hotel so if that is the reason for your visit to Lisbon then this hotel is in prime position.

Unique Quality: No ironing facilities other than the hotel laundry service.

• Manara's Profile Photo

By the river

I have been staying in this hotel three times during business trips, the last time it was for 10 days. The hotel is modern, with an elegant lobby, comfortable rooms and a good breakfast buffet.
    The bar offers live music on some evenings, with various music genres: classical, jazz or other.
    A taxi ride from the hotel to the airport costs about 10 euros, a taxi ride to downtown (for instance to the Castle) costs about 6-7 euros.

Unique Quality: My reason for choosing this hotel was its location, so close to the Lisbon Congress Centre. Due to the location the rates may vary considerably: high when there are events at the LCC, low when there is none.

Directions: Close to the big bridge Ponte 25 de Abril. It is also close to the docas, the former docks that now host nice restaurants and bars.

• cucaracha's Profile Photo

Vila Gale Opera Hotel

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. You need transportation to go to the city center but there are plenty of buses and trams going near by.

It has a plentiful breakfast buffet and the staff is, like most Portuguese, very friendly.

Directions: Alcantara. Between the city center and Belem but closer to Belem.

More about Vila Gale Opera Hotel Lisbon

Getting from Hotel Vila Gale Opera to a nearby mosque?

by shamswahid

Hi,

I will be coming to Lisbon tomorrow and am staying at a hotel on Av Das Indias.
I have found some 3 mosques in Lisbon so far, located on Rua Thomas de Anunciacao, Rua Jose Malhoa and Av Da Liberdade.

Does anyone know which mosque is closest to my hotel and can you give me directions on how to get there please?

Hope you can help, thanks.
Shams