Pestana Sintra Golf Sintra

Rua Das Sesmarias 3, Quinta Da Beloura, Estrada De Albarraque, Sintra, 2710-692, Portugal

More about Sintra

Pena Palace cloistersPena Palace cloisters

garagoyle over entrance to the Palacio d aPenagaragoyle over entrance to the Palacio d aPena

and after the toy train to Palacio da Penaand after the toy train to Palacio da Pena

Walk into townWalk into town

how do I get to Palácio de Queluz if I am visiting sintra?

HELP
it is between sintra and lisbon?

by Redang

It's the same train line. Sintra is the last stop.

Visit: www.cp.pt, then, Urbanos Lisboa, Linha/line Sintra

by 9tigers

so if I get off to visit Palácio de Queluz , can I still get back on to continue to sintra using the same ticket?

by alza

Exactly what Redang says! I had just copied this, with loads of info so pasting it here for you. If you are in Sintra, I guess the train stops in Queluz on way back to Lisbon :))
Here's the text:

QUELUZ

Getting there: Train "Sintra Line" from Estacao do Rossio to Queluz/Belas - 15 minutes -

2,4 EUR/adult return, 1,2 EUR/child return

PALÁCIO NACIONAL DE QUELUZ

Opening hours:

Palace: Wednesday-Monday 10:00-17:00, Tuesday closed

Garden: May-September Wednesday-Monday 10:00-18:00, October-April Wednesday-Monday

10:00-17:00, Tuesday closed (last admission 30 minutes before closing)

Combined ticket (Royal Palaces Circuit - National Palaces of Ajuda, Mafra, Queluz and Sintra):

16 EUR/person

Free entrance Sunday and public holidays until 14:00.

Getting there: 15 minutes walking from train station

The Palace and its Gardens constitute a remarkable Monument which presents us a perception of the Royal Family daily life during the second half of the 18th century. It also represents moments of extraordinary historical importance in Portuguese History and Art, documented along the circuit.

by 9tigers

again my question is if I do stop there does it mean my train ticket to sintra will have to be repurchased ?

by Redang

I think you have to buy three tickets:
- Lisbon-Queluz
- Quluz-Sintra
- Sintra-Lisbon

unless there is a specal ticket for the whole day or so in which case I don't know; visit www.cp.pt to find it out

by SOLODANCER

unless the rules have changed, i think one (as I have in the past) can purchase a RT Lisboa-Sintra tix with your option to break the journey at Queluz, get off the train to enjoy the palace, thereafter resume the journey to Sintra usisng the same ticket

ask at the tix window to confirm this

otherwise, then buy a segmented tix

Palacio de Queluz: make sure you get off at the Queluz Bella stop, there's a second Queluz stop which would put you farther afield from the palace grounds.

by 9tigers

ty so much since sunday is free, I may go there first then to sintra,

by cubsur

There is a one-day pass you can buy called 'Bilhete Train & Bus' which gives unlimited travel for one day on trains between Lisbon - Sintra also Lisbon - Cascais and the local Scotturb buses in the Sintra and Cascais areas. It costs 12 Euros however, so it might be cheaper to buy separate tickets for each journey as mentioned above.

by 9tigers

definitely cheaper to buy seperate :)

Travel Tips for Sintra

A tourist office and an internet point.

by Maurizioago

Inside the train station there is a small tourist office where you can have all the information you need about the town, get some leaflets and a map. Next to this office there is a computer with internet access you can use it for free.

Green, damp and beautiful

by acemj

The beauty of traveling in the off-season is that sometimes you have the streets all to yourself. That kind of isolation often allows me to observe things more carefully than if I were walking shoulder to shoulder with a mob of tourists. On our visit, a storm was brewing all day and finally exploded from the sky late in the afternoon, drenching us as we splashed through the puddle-filled streets toward the train station. However, for most of the day the sky was simply gray and the damp air, the mist and the fog only added to the magic and lush atmosphere of this town, which the English poet, Lord Byron described as a "glorious Eden."

This wall and narrow sidewalk demonstrate some of Sintra's verdant charm.

Unesco fever and the long walk up the mountain

by acemj

Sometimes when a town gets listed as a Unesco World Heritage Site, the tourist floodgates just seem to open up. It was great that we visited in February when so few people were there. One of the most memorable things about this trip was a mistake on our part. Instead of taking the bus up the steep hill that rises to the Palacio Pena, we just started walking up the hill thinking that we could catch a bus or some other mode of transportation along the way. Probably three miles later we arrived having watched the bus pass us by on the road, a few tourists peering out the window at us with a look on their faces that said, "these crazy guys didn't actually WALK all this way, did they?" Despite spending over an hour on our unplanned hike, it was a great experience and made reaching the ruins of the Moorish Castle and the Pena Palace on top all the more rewarding. Along the way, we ran into a couple from England who were making the same walk up the winding road. The air was cool and damp and somewhat refreshing as we hiked through the green, tree covered mountainside. We talked about our travels and their children back at home some of our favorite foods. After the first mile or so we laughed about the fact that we were too stubborn to turn around at that point.

NATIONAL PALACE - KITCHEN

by LoriPori

A most interesting section of the Palace is the KITCHEN or Cozinha.
Originally separated from the Palace, it was built by Joao I in the first half of the 15th century. The two great conical chimneys are quite unique and can be seen for miles around. They help ventilate the Kitchen. The Kitchen had rows of copper pots displayed. In the middle there was a huge slab of marble, used to butcher the meat that was to be cooked for the evening meal.

get married in sintra

by cachaseiro

sintra is the place to get married in portugal.
it's so romantic and many places specialse in organising weddings.
what little girl would not want to get married with fairy tale castles as a backdrop?
i went there once for a wedding and i must say that it was damn romantic.

Comments