General Humberto Delgado 10, Sesimbra, Estremadura, 2970-628, Portugal

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Do Mar

Help

by narcis

I'm going for the first time in Portugal, and I have found very usefull tips on this site.But I'm interested if anyone has any experience with Hotel Mar e Sol in place called Sao Pedro do Moel.Every information in this moment will mean a gret deal to me.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Help

by freya_heaven

I can't help you with your hotel, but I have stayed at Sao Pedro De Muel. It's a beautiful area with pine forests & wonderful beaches . We visited many places from our base there, Fatima, Lisbon, Nazare, Alcobaca, Batalha,
Mira de aire, Marinha Grande .................

Have a wonderful trip

Nicola (~_~)

Want to spend 4,5days in the nature. Any suggestion please!

by Sa08chu

I am planing to visit Portugal for a first time and coming to Porto first. After Porto,
we would like to go somewhere quiet in the nature, on the way down to Lisbon (our flights are in Lisbon). Does anyone know anywhere nice place in between the towns?
If there's a small beach town with green nature near by, would be the best!
Also if you could recommend accommodations - like 20euros or 30 each for a night -
would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Want to spend 4,5days in the nature. Any suggestion please!

by solopes

The best places to combine beach and nature in Portugal are São Pedro de Moel, north of Lisbon, and Arrábida, south of it. So, S. Pedro de Moel should be your destination. If you travel by car, stop at Bussaco, about 100 Km south of Porto: it's a fabulous natural park (see the hotel inside the park - "forbidden" but wonderful luxury).

While in S. Pedro the car will allow you a few short drivings(15-30 minutes) to some "must see" - Alcobaça, Batalha, Nazaré (the Natural Park of Serra de Aire e Candeeiros (mountains) is also 30 minutes distant).

Hostels in Portuguese are called "pensão", and we have some in S Pedro de Moel. I don't know them, because in S Pedro I always used the hotel Mar e Sol.

Pensão Miramar - (351)244 599 141
Pensão Residencial (means bed and breakfast) Santa Rita - (351) 244 599 498
Pensão S. Pedro - (351)244599120
Pensão Verde Pinho - (351)244599233
Residencial D. Fernando I - (351)244599314

may be the solutions.
If you come out of July-August period, a bungalow in the camping park is also a good and cheap solution - http://www.orbitur.com/precos/alojamento/port/spmoel.html

Driving to Lisbon will take less than 2 hours, but you should reserve at least a full day, to visit on the way Obidos, Mafra and Sintra (our greatest natural site).

I have much more information in my pages about almost all these places and you are free to as anything else you need.

Re: Want to spend 4,5days in the nature. Any suggestion please!

by Sa08chu

Thank you so much!!
I am going to have a look of those places and
Would love to visit to your web site!!

Comments