Quinta de Favaes

Favais - Moselos, Paredes de Coura, P4940-384, Por

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Paredes de Coura

Quinta de Júlio de Castro, Paredes de CouraQuinta de Júlio de Castro, Paredes de Coura

River Coura, Paredes de CouraRiver Coura, Paredes de Coura

Tourism Office, Paredes de CouraTourism Office, Paredes de Coura

Stairs in front of Church of the Holy GhostStairs in front of Church of the Holy Ghost

Tourism Office

by abrito

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could guide me as to how to find the "center of town" of Paredes de Coura or at least some kind of address for the Tourism Office. Is this office operational and if so, do they speak English? I am trying to find a statue of one of my relatives but don't speak and Portugese! Thanks

Re: Tourism Office

by leics

The tourist office phone number is +351 251 783 592. I imagine they will speak at least some English, though I am guessing (most tourist offices in Europe have at least some English, many have excellent English). No email contact for them that I can find.

The Municipal site is:

No English site translation, but there is an email link on the left-hand side.

Email is contacto@cm-paredes-coura.pt

Chances are that someone will be able to read your English email.

http://uk.babelfish.yahoo.com/ is a useful translation engine which includes English>Portuguese. When contacting tourist offices/hotels etc I often write my emails in English, then translate them using babelfish (and include an apology for my awful German/Portuguese/whatever) and send both versions (in one email). Seems to work ok.

Re: Tourism Office

by cassiovieggore

Paredes de Coura is a small town inside Minho-Lima region, and it is 1495 people inhabited.
I never had been there but as a brazilian I am the below links showed me:

You forgot in telling where is your hotel.
However as far as I watch the Google Earth the nearest known city to Paredes de Coura is Braga. Braga is 69Km far from Paredes de Coura. I will not record the roads you may use to reach Paredes because it's really hard to explain.
I had been succeed in getting Paredes de Cora's Tourism Office. The clerks work at post every day, except for lunching time, and the link is below:

The tourism office at Paredes is closed in sundays as well.
Cassiovieggore

Travel Tips for Paredes de Coura

"Terra de Coyra"

by bambino36

At the very core of Alto Minho, facing the municipalities of Monção, Arcos de Valdevez, Ponte de Lima, Valença and Vila Nova de Cerveira, is found "Terra de Coyra". King Dom Manuel I called it that way when he endowed it with the Municipality Charter on 1515.
In this town of Paredes de Coura the air is pure and there is plenty of water.
Paredes de Coura is the meeting point of four roads and it is difficult to say which one is more magnificent. Whatever the chosen route there are many differences and contrasts in this rich and diverse landscape
This land has been inhabited since Protohistory. Under the Romans the military way from Braga to Astorga crossed this territory, and several milestones to be found in the municipality will prove it. Thus, back then this region was already an important means of communication included in the road system of the Conventus juridic Bracara Augusta.

Paredes de Coura

by johnsakura

On the heart of the MInho Region its located de "Land of Coyra" like said the Portuguese king D. Manuel I who offered the foral 13th April 1515.
Every year is stage of a very important concert Paredes de Coura.

Comments