Rua Do Rosario 160, Porto, Northern Portugal, 04050, Portugal

Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Clean and modern

The Eurostars is a bright and modern hotel conveniently located for Porto's main sights. Everything is spotless, in good working order and the rooms are spacious. For a four-star hotel, the rates are certainly very good. But then the Eurostars doesn't have much in the way of character.

Facilities are good, as is the buffet breakfast which has a good choice of food. Service was efficient.

Soundproofing was a problem on our visit. I don't know if this is the same all over the hotel, but we had rooms in the building behind the main one and the walls and floors seemed to be paper thin. Because the floors were laminate the noise travelled. I ended up sleeping with the a/c on all night to block out the noise.

Overall, a good safe bet but nothing outstanding.

Note: I've put the price info below in based on the hotel website. We got a very good deal by combining flights and hotel with lastminute.com

• btrz's Profile Photo

one of the best in town

A striking building newly restored and refursbished in a modern up-to-date way. We spent a great getaway of two nights on the Romantic Room pack basis, which includes breakfast and a champagne bottle and fresh fruit for the first night.Breakfast itself was 18€ so the pack price is worth value.
    Breakfast was quite acceptable with a wide range of salty and sweety food. Various types of breads, saussages, bacon, scrambled eggs, pastries....Natural fruit juices and hot beverages even Cadbury's chocolate bars

Unique Quality: Very comfortable and large beds, with cozy and clean bed clothes.
    Parking is 10 € per day, located in the very same hotel in an open-air yard.

Directions: 15 minutes walk from La Ribeira.

More about Eurostars Das Artes Hotel

Pleasant suprise

by TripAdvisor Member ADJones

Though a little out of the centre this was/is a very good value hotel when booked through the internet. It is modern clean and spacious, very helpful staff and the breakfast was excellent. The bed was huge and comfortable and the room came with mini bar and air-con. There did appear to be car parking at rear, we go train and coach so didn't need to check that out. I would strongly recommend this hotel. If buying water don't go to the bar opposite just leave the hotel wander right, up the road to the traffic lights to the supermarket its a hell of a lot cheaper.

Beautiful hotel, highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member DeeCeeBee

We arrived to the hotel a day late due to the flight cancellations chaos in England a few weeks ago. Although our terms and conditions stated that we would have to pay for the first missed night we were delighted to find that the hotel didn't charge us for this when we paid our bill. Very impressive! The guys on reception were also genuinely warm and welcoming when we arrived, which was lovely after travelling for 13 hours.

The hotel is beautifully and expensively decorated, the bathrooms are marble and the beds huge and comfortable. We didn't hear one sound from other rooms or noisy guests during our 3 days there. The blackout curtains also made for some great sleep-ins.

The breakfast was very nice, freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh pineapple, lovely pastries and all the hot stuff.

We booked 2 of our nights through the hotel's own website and opted for the romantic stay with complimentary cava. Don't bother with this, it took alot of reminders and 2 nights to actually get this, which was a little disappointing. The location is about 15 mins' walk from the waterfront, but taxis are cheap and plentiful. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HSGKKG

Great hotel. My husband and I stayed here for three nights and had a wonderful stay. The rooms are big, clean and modern. Staff are extremely helpful. The hotel is a short walk from the sites. Would definitely reccomend this place to stay. Had a great sleep here and felt very comfortable and relaxed in a wonderful environment.

The hotel parking was simply terrible. One of the stuff a bit impolite.

by TripAdvisor Member yonokomolomo

I stayed in that hotel with the romantic pack. But I did not like the hotel very much. The main problem was not the room, but other small details.

The parking place was very nice, with one open-air area (at -1 level), and another level underground (-2 level). To get into the parking of the hotel, you need to drive through a gate, which was permanently closed. This is in principle an advantage of course, since the parking was secured. But every time you want to go out, you need to let them know. And for this, you need to get out of the car, get into the hotel building, go one floor up with the elevator or with the stairs, walk a through a long corridor to the reception, ask at the reception desk to open the gate, then go back to the -1 floor, get into your car and then drive. If the whole thing is not sincronized, the gate is opened to early (while you are still going back to your car) and then when you are ready to go, you see the gate closing at your face. Then you need to go back to the reception and repeat everything. This was **really** annoying.
Once it happened that after asking at the reception desk to open the gate, when I arrived to the car, the gate was opened and there were already two cars coming inside. So I had to let them go in. When I finally wanted to cross the gate, it started to close again. Can you imagine how angry I was when I saw the gate closing again???
At the reception they told me that at level -2 there was an interphone and that I do not need to go to reception, but just call them from this interphone. But the level -2 was normally closed by another gate and you need to call them to get into the -2 level. Really annoying.

To get in the parking was a bit easier, because there is an interphone outside next to the gate and you can just call and somebody opens the gate. I don't know why they did not put one of these interphones inside the parking, close to the gate. Or maybe a camera or some sensor mechanism that opens the door then a car is trying to go out of the parking.

Apart from that problem of the parking, the rooms were good. The badroom was really nice. The first evening, when we arrived after having dinner, we found a bottle Portuguese cava and some strawberries. This was the romantic pack.

When we did the check-out, we had another incident, which really annoyed me. This was a bussines trip to Portugal so my company pays me a single room up approx.80€. If I want to stay with my girlfriend in a double room, it is not a problem at all for my company, but I need to present them an invoice of a **single room** and of course I pay myself the difference between single and double room. This is something very common I have beed doing in many hotels all around europe, including in Lisbon where I stayed with my girlfriend some months ago, and this is not cheating the company at all. They know I am with my girlfriend, but they only pay the equivalent to a single room (which they will pay anyway if I were staying alone) and I pay the difference between the single and the double room.

But this time, the lady at the reception desk of hotel Eurostar das Artes (which was not very friendly) just refused to do this. She said she can not change the invoice. I insisted getting an invoice as a single room and pay the difference separately, but she said it was completely impossible to change the invoice and did not want to listen. Normally the staff of a 4**** hotel try to do all what the customer needs, but this lady just did not want to. Then I noticed that the invoice was incorrect, since it had my name with the address and passport number of my girlfriend on it. So at the end they had to change the invoice (she said this was imposible!), but they were not willing to print me an invoice with the equivalent of a single room I was requesting.
I asked another lady and she was much more friendly than the first one. But at the end, I did not get the invoice I wanted.

Now I might have some problems with my company, not because I stayed with my girlfriend (actually it was my boss who proposed me to travel with my friend), but because I presented an invoice of a double room with two persons, and this invoice was more expensive than the 80€/day allowed by my company (the double room was 5€/day more expensive, but the romanic pack was around 30€).

In my opinion, the hotel could be one of the best hotels in Porto, but small details like this one make me think the contrary. If you do not have a car and you are not in a bussiness trip with your wife/gírlfriend, Eurostar might be a great choice in Porto.

But I would rather stay somewhere else next time.

Excellent value

Although this hotel is on quite a busy road the rooms are very quiet. As others have written the breakfasts are good, particulary if you are vegetarian, as there was a large choice of fruit, nuts, breads and cakes (even bars of Cadbury's chocolate). The beds are huge and comfortable. The bathrooms are attractive and well fitted. The only down side was the bathroom door stop was placed directly in front of the lavatory. Perhaps this is why the rooms are soundproofed - treading on it in bare feet at night tends to cause loud yelps of pain.

Great Beds ! Emma Cordingley Warrington Cheshire England

by TripAdvisor Member cordo

Perfect hotel for a short break in Porto. Very clean and smart decor. Breakfast excellent...even bars of chocolate were available. Bedrooms were really nice with huge comfy beds ( just want is required after a day& night pounding the cobbled streets of Porto. Reception staff in the main were excellent, although i have to say some of the receptionist's were not at all helpful or friendly ( if you need help ask for a chap who I think was called Juan, or Jauo he was great).
One disappointment was the bar....it was never open and when it was it was poorly stocked. however if you do get served though, order a glass of wine ..they are huge !!

Definatley recommend the hotel..excellent value for money, in comparison to the many hotels that I have stayed in Europe.

ps Take some comfy shoe's you'll need them !

good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member stewy40

we stayed at the das artes from the 21st to the 26th september would recommend anyone to stay there good staff helpful for restaurant recommendation not so good for what to do on a rainy sunday room was a decent size although it could have done with a shower screen or curtain after each shower the bathroom was wet through but after seeing the tariff we were glad we went on hotel.com for are rate not worth the rate on the tariff would tell anyone to go to the assadour tipico restaurant turn left out of the hotel to the bottom of the road and turn right great food, good waiters and very good value for money only ate once on the riverside got ripped off on a bottle of wine so stuck to the assadour note for anyone travelling to porto make sure you have comfy walking shoes very steep hills abound

love it

The hotel is just what you see. Modern rooms exquisite decoration. I took the Romantic Room pack (187 e, per 2 nights)and it was a great surprise to find at night the champagne with grapes, kiwi and strawberries, beautifully displayed.Breakfast was included and very complete (the normal price was 18 €)
Noiseless in the morning and nights, and with parking facilities in the very same place (10euros per day).
It is 15 minutes walk to Ribiera if you are walking down, but take a taxi (3.50) to come back, there are terrible slopes.
THere was a not very helpful guy at reception (long drak hair) but the others were ok.
It is defenitely worth value,

Comments