Hotel Sao Jose Porto

Hotel Sao Jose -- Porto
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Turska's Profile Photo

O.k.But not what promised to be

We stayed here 6 nights.When we booked this hotel from Booking.com,there was told to be a balcony at the room.That´s why we took it,and paid more than another hotel was without a balcony.There was also photos of swimmingpool,so my husband bought swimmingpants to make me happy(he don´t like swimming) and promised to keep me company every morning at the pool.I was so happy to get to swim at pool after many years (of course we have pools at my hometown too,but I don´t like going alone).
    When we went there,man at reception seemed to be very bored to customers,and said our room isn´t ready until 13 o´clock(it was promised at 11 o´clock).We hadn´t slept at night,but we went walking around for coupple of hours.When we came back,we asked about the pool.He said it´s not here,it´´s at some healhclub,and using it costs 15e a day!I was so angry.When we got to the room,there was no balcony either.We needed to get some sleep,and thought to find new hotel after that.But when we wake up,we thought not to waste time for looking a hotel and stayed.But next time I will print that page,where it´s said"room has a balcony etc..",so I could have proved what they promised.I checked at home,and I was right.I complained with e-mail-no answer yet.Room was otherwise o.k.If we wouldn´t expect balcony and pool,we would have been satisfied.
    Younger staff didn´t speak English a word!
    Shopping streets and one shopping-centre close to hotel.

Unique Quality: We thought that the breakfast was better,than usually in southern Europe.I know that southern Europe people don´t think like we at north"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"says doctors and teachers and so on.Sometimes you get only a croissant and a coffee.Here they had rolls,toasts,cereal,juices(allthough tasted like half of it was water),tea,coffee,jogurt and even some cakes and buns.
    Allthough there was only cheese and ham(not looking good if you ask me) to put on the bread,it was more than we expected.And breakfast-staff was more friendly than at recetion."mainlady" even noticed us at town one day and said Òla :)
    And if you go to breakfast 15min before the end in Finland,they are taking some things away allready(witch we hate),but here they brought new ones all the time until the end of service.And it was served until 10.30!No need to wake up too early just to get it.

Directions: Close to Balhao metro-station,coupple streets from it

• Pensao Sao Jorge

Unique Quality: This one is not mentioned in Lonely Planet's Portugal Guide although located near a couple of places that were mentioned. Surprisingly, the place is homey. Rooms are big and squeaky clean. Plus, the owner and staff are warm and friendly.

Directions: Slightly off the central area, a good 2-3 blocks walk.

Comments