Rua Ferreira Borges 101, Porto, Northern Portugal, 4050-253, Portugal

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Excellent

I left this place with a very positive impression of the place. I made a Thursday evening reservation for a single room for 1 night bed and breakfast at a cost of £55.60. The breakfast was unremarkable but filled the hole for a few hours.

The room itself was clean, the bathroom was sparkling. The first really big winner for this hotel is the location just a 3 or 4 min stroll up hill from the Ribeira. This is also handy for Sao Bento train station that is maybe a 5 mins walk up hill. I went straight to the hotel from the airport on the airport bus service. The driver was great (it seemed ike everyone in this city was very friendly and smile at the drop of a hat) and told me where to get off the bus and pointed me where to go for the hotel. It took me probably 10 mins to get to the hotel with me asking a couple of people en route to make sure I was going in the right direction.

The other thing I liked about this hotel was the guy on reception. If I had my own business this guy is exactly the type I would look to employ in customer service. He was for me the perfect blend of pleasant, helpful and efficient, he had this absolutely spot on to the right level without becoming over bearing. when I was pottering in and out the hotel I heard him roll out his welcome and intro to the city a bunch of other people in the same perfectly courteous manner and its clear that he has at least French in his locker of foreign languages to add to his English.

When I was checking out I shook this guy hand told him how excellent he has been, he was superb.

I wouldn't have liked to have paid much more but don't feel I was being over priced.

Unique Quality: Great location, superb receptionist. A big thumbs up from and I'd stay here again without hesitation.

Directions: Ribeira

• Branco's Profile Photo

Hotel da Bolsa ***

Single 9000 PTE or £27
    Double 15000 PTE or £45

Unique Quality: Renovated and well furnished. Thi Hotel is an attractive old building that retains its original grand style. This hotel is a building of extremely good value and is in a very favoured position in the old part of Porto. Though the hotel does not have a restaurant the 'Ribeira' area is nearby.

Comments