Rua Tenente Valadim 146, Porto, Northern Portugal, 4100-476, Portugal

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• ANUSKY's Profile Photo

AMAZING HOTEL

I have no words to explain how much I liked the place. I paid 50 euros for a double room and What a room, boy!!! Huge, modern, luxurious and, the bathroom...... the eighth wonder of the world.
    You would regret not going to this place. Amazing

Unique Quality: ALL WAS OUTSTANDING.

• daryll's Profile Photo

5 star best in Porto

What more can you ask for at cost GBP65 for 5 star deluxe and modern room.

Really enjoyed and make full use of the facilities. Buffet breakfast with caviar and champagne absolutely pampering

Directions: Rua Tenente Valadim 146
    4100-476 Porto
    Portugal

More about Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa

Presuntisco - small & charming

by MarioPortugal about Presuntisco

Presuntisco open its doors in 2001 in this small place that should be about 600 years old. It specialized on the flavor typical Portuguese food to be served in small dishes. However four major entrees are generally available daily.

Caldo Verde, a traditional Portuguese kale soup, is a suggestion to start with. They even bake their own bread on the premises.
All food is cooked by order only.

Delicatessens are many such as blood rice sausage (from Lamego, Portugal) and a alleira de caça, a sausage using only game meat (from Montalegre, Portugal). A really treat I should say. Additionally 40 presuntos (smoked serrano ham) are also available for order.

Options on cheeses are such a 3-year aged sheep, or a white goat, or a cow cheese from São Jorge Island, Azores, among a total of 20 different. All cheeses are portuguese.

Entrees:
Arroz de Polvo (Rice with Octopus) - made from a 3 Kg octopus.
Polvo assado no Forno (Octopus roasted in the oven) made of a 8 Kg octopus.
Bacalhau do lombo assado no Forno (Cod Fish with crumb breads on top roasted in the oven)
Vitela Barrosã (grilled Barrosã cow meat) Barrosã is an autochthonous portuguese cow whose meat is flavor and limited produced.

Presuntisco also offers 500 different wines !!!
90% of the wines are from Douro or wouldn't this restaurant be in Oporto !?.
5% are from Alentejo and 5% are Alvarinhos Vinho Verde.

It's a small restaurant that seats 30 people inside plus an additional 30 people outside.
Chef Luis Miguel have been formerly at the Sheraton Porto Hotel, now Porto Palace Hotel.
All major credit cards are accepted.

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Seat28B

We stayed here on a family holiday with our three small children and my wife's mother. As I had sufficient points, we booked three rooms. While we could not get interconnecting rooms, we were upgraded to the club floor and all the rooms were close to each other.

I am a fan of modern design and the Sheraton Porto was a real delight with a large airy lobby, glass lifts and glass walls between the bedroom and bathroom. However, the added bonus of the Sheraton Porto was the welcoming nature of the staff. They were always willing to help, extremely friendly and vary service conscious.

We ate at both the New Yorker bar (we had lunch while sitting outside in the garden area) and at the Porto Novo restaurant. The food was very good - particularly at the Porto Novo restaurant - and much better than is commonplace in many Sheraton hotels around the world. Service at the New Yorker bar was a bit slow, but it was excellent at the Porto Novo restaurant.

There were really only two disappointing aspects of our stay. Firstly, I feel that as a hotel guest, there should not be an additonal charge for using the swimming pool. Secondly, the snacks / drinks in the club lounge were very limited in the evening - and glasses / cutlery repeatedly ran out - although the breakfast was better than at most club lounges.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, although be aware that it is the suburbs of Porto and you will need transport to get to the old part of the city.

Really nice but...

We stayed with my husband 3 nights in the hotel... I just loved the rooms, really modern, clean, sunny and calm. The idea of putting a window between the room and the bathroom is great! The spa is really nice, and the personal very hepful.
But... The room service was really slow as well as the service for the breakfast, it seems they do not have enough employees for breakfast (I waited 15minutes for my tea!), I guess it depends if you come at a rush hour or not. The hotel is a bite far from the city center, nevertheless cab's are waiting just outside and it's not too expensive to get to the city center. In the overall we did enjoy are stay at this hotel.

Nice hotel for the price...

by TripAdvisor Member skhudy

Location is not bad, 15 minutes walk to the metro, or outskirts of town, buses generally in Porto fairly frequent as is the metro. If your using public transport you can get a 1day (4Euro) or 3 day (9 Euro) travel card from the STCP shop opposite the main staion in town. 1 Day you can pick up on the bus (bus drivers seem reluctant to give this and try and sell you singles - keep refusing, the card has got the word EURO on it)

Hotel itself, (We stayed in this and the La Meridian round the corner, as we like to experience different hotels see my review there) I've read 5 star standards vary country to country so its probably unfair to compair it to the 5 star's in Cyprus which were better generally in comparison.

Generally the ambience was better and seemed more up market than La Meridian next door. They tried to sell an upgrade for 50 Euros to a club suite which we declined.

Pool, sauna, Gym, Spa - you have to pay an addition 10 Euros a day per person - Why not include it?? Never experienced these. 1 resturant / bar, no balcanies in the rooms

Service was good, had room service. Wouldn;t recommend the chicken soup dish near the top of the 24 hour menu.

Very Nice Bathroom, bath, seperate shower, toiliet with a slidy door thing. the reason for this is the bathroom and room is seperated by a thick pane of glass. Not as bad as we thought it might be before we arrived. there is an electric blind you can draw if you want privacy!

Room was very nice, bed didn;t suite us, a firm mattress, Very very Very soft pillows (not that I thought this was good). We're not used to such a firm matress and to be honest we didn't sleep well.

TV - expensive pay per view per film. we took there unlimited access for 25 Euros for 24 hours. Didn't like the pause and resume facility, a couple of times we thought it was paused but the film resumed from the beginning. A couple of films listed didn't work.

Breakfast was good. Bacon, sausages, mushrooms, etc etc, fruit, breads, cereals. Chef for omlettes. caviar, campaign if your into that. No waffles / hashbrowns / beans (only on one day) :o( Wife didn;t think the fruit was as good as La meridian.

Port wine on arrival was nice. Never used the hotel bar / resturant.

For £79.50 a night it was good value. booked trough needahotel.com If I paid more I would have been dissapointed

Everything you could wish for and more!

by TripAdvisor Member StelJo

Stayed at the Sheraton in June and package from Ryanair at a very good price and well worth every penny. It seemed quite luxurious in every way and nothing seemed too much trouble for the Staff even when I asked for a mattress enhanacer to cushion my aching bones! It was attended to immediately. The breakfast was one of the best we had ever had in any hotel. There was just about everything you could wish for - even caviare. It was like a special occasion every time we had breakfast. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the room itself was truly amazing with a lovely friendly atmosphere and a delightful setting - beautiful tableware and linen. Again the Staff were excellent and very friendly without being too much in your face. Unfortunately I have's any more time to write other than to say "Miss this at your peril". By the way the front desk were very good in explaining about getting to different places - in fact other than take us there they couldn't have been more helpful.

Stella
Liverpool.

Nice hotel in Porto

by TripAdvisor Member tyegator

Stayed there for a mtg, which was across the street. Accommodations were fine, staff was friendly and most spoke excellent English. Gym was nice with good equipt. I was never charged, but I think it was an oversight. Breakfast was fairly pricey and not my taste, but who says 16 Euro is a lot for a bowl of cereal and fruit :-)

Bring you own power converter as the one they gave me wouldn't convert from US and they suggested perhaps I was doing it wrong, as that's the one customers always use. I gave them a go at it and they had no solution. Fortunately I had the other necessary parts in another converter and it was fine. Used the high speed internet, worked great, talked to the kids with Skype several times each day, no problems. Concierge was a tremendous help!!

The metro is wonderful. A bit tough to find in the airport, and you'll need help getting the first ticket, after that very easy and completely on the honor system, which is refreshing. Problem is the hotel concierge told me the hotel was "on the same street" as the stop. If by "street" you mean alleyway next to a parking lot, then across a major highway, then down another very tiny street...then yes, it's on the same street. I had to ask several people directions (several b/c no one spoke English). They should tell us more what to expect on that walk. The sidewalks are VERY narrow and cars drive VERY fast.

Took a taxi from hotel back to airport (6am flight) and he drove 180+ kph (that's >100 miles per hour), which was a little unsettling. 25 Euro for the trip (vs 1-2 for the metro, but not at 4am!).

Overall nice trip. Looking forward to seeing other parts of Europe (in a few years!)

Brilliant hotel, but expensive minibar

by TripAdvisor Member MMmd

This is a brilliant hotel. It is fairly new and the architecture is fantastic. Even though I stayed in a standard room it was huge with an enormous bed and all you could wish in terms of facilities.
Staff were extremely helpful and the hotel was spotless.
It is in the middle of the city of Porto near the Casa Musica (now that is real architectural brilliance).
The restaurant is excellent with very extensive breakfast menu and a first class dinner service.
The gym is free and well equipped.
I would definitely stay here again next time I come to Porto.

Two negatives:
a) The prices of the minibar. Yes all hotels grossly overcharge, but in comparison to other food/drink prices in Portugal, it is difficult to justify what they are charging. There is a supermarket across the main road which you may wish to use.
b) They charge 10 Euro for use of the swiming pool.

Good modern Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member margarida

I went to Porto last weekend with my husband and son and we stayed in Sheraton Hotel for one night.
The hotel is not in the center town but is close to the Serralves Museum and the new House of Music. Is location is also very good to go to Foz (one of the most beautiful city areas) where you can walking on the beach and eat in many lovely restaurants.
The chek-in in front desk was very slow as well as the check-out.
The decoration is very modern and bright,the rooms are spacious and clean and the beds comfortables!!
Althought it is a beautiful modern hotel it miss some charm ...
The breakfast was superb!!One of the best that we have had in Pourtugal and around Europe(including others sheraton hotels).
Overall a good experience!!

by travistravel

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Just looking for opinions on accomodations, location, etc...

Thanks,

T.

Re: Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa

by zigtai

This is an excelent new hotel and just opened less than an year ago. I've visited it and dinned there (although being from Porto I didn't stay there). It's expensive though.
The hotel is located in a very long avenue (Avenida da Boavista) that stretches for over 5 kms. It's not near the old city center (it's at the business center) but there are taxis and bus nearby (and metro on the plaza at one of the avenue ends).
If you just like to walk out of the hotel and be at the center than the Sheraton its not your most convenient choice. For that also at an upscale level but more on the traditional portuguese architecture and in the typical river location you have the new Pestana Porto (http://www.pestana.com). I find it wonderful and its near the bridges and the old Porto.

Comments