Apartado - 65, Vilamoura, 8125-901, Portugal
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Tivoli Marina Vilamoura

Smashing hotel!

Just returned from a great week at the Tivoli Marinotel and wishing I was still there! For all the sun worshippers the weather was fantastic and I was really surprised just how hot it was for May. In short the hotel was lovely, in a great location with amazing views over the beautiful Marina from one side and sea views from the other.

The rooms were spotless and the staff friendly and helpful. A major bonus was the fantastic buffet breakfast, you really are spoilt for choice over what to have. They even have bucks fizz if you fancy a tipple to start your day off!

The location of the hotel really was brilliant, right on the Marina and close to all the shops and restaurants. The beach was also literally a stones throw from the hotel and was gorgeous, hardly anyone on it. We even saw porpoises jumping the waves on the first day!

All in all a great hotel and a great resort, would strongly recommend the Tivoli Marinotel and Vilamoura for a relaxing holiday.

Abeautiful hotel in a great location

by TripAdvisor Member maguirepaul

Just returned back from the tivoli marinotel we had a wonderful relaxing week. We were swiftly met by a bell hop who was very helpful with our luggage. Checked in at midday and went straight up to our room even though check in was at 2pm. My Husband emailed the hotel a week prior to our arrival and requested a high floor sea view and champagne to be in the room for our arrival, this is exactly what we got and the champagne was complimentary. The bedrooms were lovely spacious, clean, some english TV channels, kettle, fluffy robes, very comfortable beds and a gorgeous bathroom. Staff were very pleasant and very helpful. We stayed on a B&B basis, for a buffet lunch and dinner was priced at 33euros per person, a very nice pool bar reasonalby priced and a a la carte reataurant to. We used room service and found this to be excellent also. It is set on a beach front which is clean and golden sand. Lots of places to eat outside the hotel, all nice enough and not expensive. This hotel is by far the best place to stay in vilamoura, for service location and luxury. All in all a wonderful relaxing holiday we will be returning.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member hamhead

We have just returned from the Tivoli Marinotel, and it was great. Reading other peoples comments, we were a little concerned. But, we all thought it was great. The staff were friendly, the food great, although not much choice in the Orion Coffee shop for evening dinner.
The location is fab, one side of the hotel looks on the the pool and beach and the other onto the marina. The marina is full of excellent places to eat and walk.
The pools were warm and clean and have a free towel service. But be warned the sun loungers on the beach belong to the hotel but you have to pay extra for these.
The daily and evening entertainment was good.
When we stayed, there was a large conference, which meant we had to move to the other restaurant ( Sirius grill ) in the hotel. The food and views were out of this world.
The only down side we found was the childrens play area could be covered from the sun and the lack of childrens food in the buffet.
A day out at the Zoomarine was well worth it, and if you wanted to spend about 130 euros you could swim with the dolphins.

Excellent hotel.

Any questions, please ask.

A Lovely Relaxing Holiday

We have just returned from 10 lovely days at the Tivoli Marinotel in beautiful Vilamoura. I think that some of the previous reviews are incredibly harsh ( particularly the person who said that the rest of us are not used to 5* hotels !! ). The Tivoli is a large hotel with 9 floors. It is in the Holiday resort of Vilamoura slap bang on the marina and the beach. I personally am used to staying in 5* hotels all over the world, and what one would find in Mayfair or New York is going to be different from that in Portugal !

I agree that the rooms are looking "slightly tired" , but they are very spacious and incredibly clean with huge comfortable beds.

Our check in was swift, even though we arrived at 10am, the receptionist was pleased we had e-mailed them in advance to advise them of our early arrival. The room was ready for us. We were on 9th floor with a fabulous view over the Marina.

Contradictory to earlier Reviewer, Vilamoura is NOT McDonalds' world. There are many fine restaurants in the marina and on the side streets serving everything from Pizza and pasta to meat and fish. The Mughal Clay is a particularly good indian !! Nosolo is a fabulous Italian.

Other than resting by the pool or beach by day ( there are so many loungers you do not have to worry about getting down early ! ) and enjoying the many restaurants and bars in the Marina by night, admittedly there is not much else to do, but hey that's what holidays are all about right ?

Got a good deal by booking Flights, Hotel, car transfer and insurace all through Expedia.

I hope this review is of help to you, and if you do decide to go to the Tivloi Marinotel I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Very few complaints

by TripAdvisor Member MiaG

We stayed at the Tivoli Marinotel in February 2006 for a short break of 3 nights, 4 days. We paid approx £51 per night per room (bed and breakfast) via Easyjethotels. This turned out to be excellent value for money and a good choice for a family short break.

We had two rooms on the 6th floor. No.643 which overlooked Vilamoura Marina, and no. 621 which had a full sea and pool view. No.621 had the sun all day from early in the morning till late afternoon. It was a real sheltered, private, sun trap.

Each room was pleasantly decorated (and I didn't find it "run down" as another review on here said). The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable, firm but not hard. There was a table and two dining chairs, a comfortable arm chair, a dressing table, ample wardrobe cupboard and hanging space, a chest of drawers, bedside cabinets and storage chest.

Tea and coffee making facilities (including speciaility teas and hot chocolate) added to the facilities. There was a safe in the wardrobe which had to be hired from reception (a bit of a negative feature considering).

The bathrooms were well appointed with bath with overhead powerful shower, double sinks, toilet and bidet. Two thick bath robes were also provided. A hairdryer was provided, and although it wasn't very powerful, it was adequate. A bowl of toiletries, shampoos, bath gel, comb, nail file, soaps etc was replenished on a daily basis.

We experienced no noise at all from the hotel function suites or bars. The only noise we heard in Room 621 was through the adjoining door where the next door (unrelated) guests' baby could be heard crying once or twice during the stay.

The hotel grounds are lovely. There are plenty of lovely walk ways and quiet areas to sit. Direct access to the beach is provided by a gate (opened from the beach side by your door key so don't get locked out!). The outdoor pools were full but unused at the time of our say... apart from when the local scuba club had a Saturday morning practice!

The indoor pool was very clean and warm. It was no problem wearing a swimming cap and we were given these by the pool staff free of charge - and allowed to keep them. Our children used the indoor pool twice each day of our trip. On each visit we were given complimentary towels for use in the pool. We didn't use the sauna or jacuzzi.

Breakfast in the hotel dining room overlooking the gardens and outdoor pool was a pleasant experience. There was plenty of choice including hot and cold dishes from the buffet (cheeses, bacon, eggs, sausages, potatoes, hams, salmon, etc), cakes and pastries, fresh fruit and pancakes. We even saw a bottle of champagne chilling for those who like a taste of luxury in the mornings!

The hotel seemed to be quite busy at the time of our stay. Most of the guests were golfers but that didn't bother us at all. The hotel bars were reasonably priced (EUR5 for a coke and coffee).

Reception and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful.

There were 4 computer terminals located in the reception where there was free internet access (one pc also had a printer). These pcs were accessible all day for no charge. The children in particular enjoyed this facility to keep in touch with friends at home.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable stay, with very little complaint. Reasonably priced, great location, good facilities and friendly staff. What more could you ask for? We would definitely go back.

Obviously the previous reviews are submitted by folks new to 5* Hotels!

by TripAdvisor Member jjcarter

It takes 30 minutes to get from Faro Airport to the Tivoli Marinotel and costs exactly €22.

When my taxi pulled up, I was immediately greeted by the bell hop who assisted me with my bags. Check in was swift and the staff were extremely helpful and informative. Although check-in wasn’t until 2pm, I was told my room was ready and could go up right away. The reception area itself though was dated. I certainly wasn’t wowed by it and some of the décor seemed rather tacky. I had previously requested a room on the mid floor facing the sea, and that’s exactly what I got.

Rooms

When I entered the room, it was nice but again seemed a little dated. The carpet was a bit worn and the TV was fuzzy. The view of the sea was nice, and I was glad I’d chosen the sea facing option. However, I did experience a few problems.

The TV remained fuzzy and it took me two attempts to get it put right. The technician made a few alterations and that seemed to do the trick, but really for a hotel of this category you would expect more updated equipment.

The extractor fan in the bathroom didn’t work throughout the whole of the holiday. So you can imagine the steam from the shower lingering for ages and the condensation on the floors and walls, plus any other unpleasant experiences you got from a broken fan.

One thing I must say though is that the rooms were spotlessly cleaned every day. The chamber maids really did an exceptional job and were extremely pleasant, always greeting you with a smile and a “good morning” when they saw you in the corridors, thus earning them the inevitable tip on my departure. I think the staff themselves made this hotel…

Facilities

I like choosing these standards of hotels because they usually boast an array of property amenities. However, this hotel was the first that I had encountered where I had to pay extra for EVERYTHING!
When I went down to the pool area, I was told that if I wanted to use the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi (etc) I would have to pay an extra €11 per session. Not per day, PER SESSION!!! So if you want a sauna in the morning and one in the evening, you’re looking at an extra €22 a day on top of your holiday cost.
I thought this was barbaric that hotel guests should have to pay for this, especially out of season! All the previous 5* hotels I have stayed in haven’t charged for these and before they even let you in the pool, you still had to purchase one of their swimming caps. Money, money and more money out of you. They even tried to charge me for items in the mini bar that I didn’t touch! This is a con.

Dining

I was at this hotel on a bed & breakfast basis. The food was delicious! Every morning there was fresh bread and rolls, cheese, ham, fruit and fruit juices, hot food like eggs, bacon, mushrooms and sausages. I’m a veggie so I was mainly on the cereal and then a fresh cheese omelette prepared by the chef. A class of chilled champagne was always on offer along with smoked salmon and brie. Am I making you hungry? Overall marks 10/10! Even the coffee tasted great!

Vilamoura

Sorry people but I got 2 words to sum up the marina area at Vilamoura. Grease Feast! Expect to see your Mc Donalds and Pizza Hut from back home. Even if you decide to dine in one of the small restaurants, expect utter disappointment. I had one meal in a place called the Old Navy. It knocked me sick. I actually threw up after it. You have been warned.
I was thinking that because Vilamoura was a Marina, I would be eating some of the finest fish dishes. Believe me, I was under false pretences. Outside the Marina area there is absolutely nothing. You will need a car if you want to explore the Algarve. The Casino is about the best thing in Vilamoura, and even that’s nothing to write home about!

Overall

If you want to go to Portugal, go, but don’t go here. I have been to Portugal many times. It really is a beautiful country and the people are probably the friendliest around. Try a resort like Lagos or Portimao. These are far superior resorts. If you’re looking for REAL 5* luxury, stay at the Pennina golf resort in Portimao. It costs €72 in a taxi to get here though, so I would recommend renting a car. There is a new road there now that pretty much goes straight from the airport to the hotel so that should make it easier.
AVOID resorts like Albufraira and Praira de Rocha. Instead, consider Alvor, a beautiful little coastal resort surround by secluded beaches grotto formations. It really is worth the extra transfer time. This is real Portugal, not this tourist trap!

Sorry it’s been a negative one people, but I am a truth speaking and experienced traveller. OBRIGADO for reading.

Wonderful service

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for a four night break in February. All in all this was as close to a perfect trip as we could have asked for. It was our wedding anniversary, and I had emailed ahead with a request for champagne in our room, however when I checked in they had not received this. I explained our celebration to the very polite man on reception and he spoke to the Duty Manager, who not only ensured the Champagne beat us up to the room, but upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge (didn't charge for the champagne either). The service throughout the hotel from the porters to the waiters could not be faulted and at no time did you get the impression of them looking for the tip. The food in the main restaurant was a little disappointing, but only because it did not match up to the exceptional service. The breakfast was as good as any I have had in any hotel, I can recommend the omelettes made to order, and yes the other reviewer was correct, champagne is on ice and readily available for the Bucks Fizz livener in the morning. We had a sea view from both of our balconies (one from the lounge and one from the bedroom) and they were a real suntrap. Highly recommended, can't wait to go back.

We're happy!

by TripAdvisor Member CTMOLY

My husband and I and our 13 year old son have just returned from a week at the Tivoli. We had a great time! We found the Tivoli to be untypical of other 5 * hotels that we've stayed in but that was all to the good as it was unpretentious, had a friendly atmosphere and although slightly more expensive than outside the hotel, the prices were not unreasonable. We had booked a junior suite with a sea view and our room was spacious and spotlessly clean (as was the rest of the hotel) with two balconies from where to admire the stunning view. While the bed in the main bedroom was huge and comfortable, the second bed was a camp bed which was not ideal for a 13 year old. The maid service was superb with towels and bed linen changed as often as you wanted - in our case clean towels a couple of times a day.

The grounds of the hotel are lovely and whilst the hotel itself is a little dated, the upside of this is that you get very mature gardens which are very well maintained. The facilities are excellent with tennis courts, basketball, football, volleyball - all set up and ready to use (cost for some). The pools are lovely and with the hotel being right on the beach, you really could have the best of everything. We tended to do beach in the morning and pool in the afternoon. The location couldn't be better.

There are a vast number of restaurants on offer around the marina; from fast food to good standard fish restaurants. At the marina there are places to hire boats and book trips (cruises, fishing and the like) though there isn't a huge amount to keep a 13 year old amused so I'm glad we were only there for a week. That said, there's a great water park not to far away (10 mins in a taxi) called Aqua Show which I'd recommend - not a queue in sight!

Overall, I'd say the Tivoli represents really good value. Its location, immaculate cleanliness, extensive facilities and short transfer from the airport make it a place that we'll probably return to. I agree with other reviewers that it isn't a 5 * in some respects but it is certainly a very good standard 4 * in my view.

Not enough Staff so 3 stars.

by TripAdvisor Member LiamDublinIreland

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights in May. It costs 25 euros to get to the hotel by taxi. Check-in was a disaster. There was only two staff working check-in. It took 55 mins for us to be checked in. We had booked a room with a king-size double bed and we were given a twin room. Eventually after giving up on a very patronising staff member the manager got us a room we were happy with. At 194 euros a night the rooms are far from 5 star. They are very out of date but the sea-view is very nice.
The location of the hotel is five star I must say. You can walk around the marina and you have easy access onto the beach and the pool area itself is very nice.
Over the week we found we had to wait for everything. It took 45 mins to get served food at the pool cafe. Another time our order was forgotten.
To sum up this hotel I would say that everything outside of the hotel itself is 5 star. But once you go inside it is a different story. We will not be returning to this hotel.

Vilamoura Marina at sunsetVilamoura Marina at sunset