Morgadinhos, Vila Moura, 8135-307, pt

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Vila Sol Spa & Golf Resort

Not overly impressed

by TripAdvisor Member MonicaSurrey

Having read all the reviews and comments that people had previously writen, I was looking forward to our holiday to Vila Sol. I have to say we were very disappointed.

I was really disappointed with the breakfast, it was very limited, most of the 5 star hotels I have stayed in offer a selection of cooked eggs, scrambled, boiled, poached etc, but Vila Sol only provided scrambled.

The babyseats in the mini bus to the beach did not appear to be very safe and everythime we battled with trying to fix it the seat.

I was also very disappointed with the staff that worked at the beach, no one could be bothered to do anything, we had to wait 30mintues before someone could give us a beach towel.

The night time turn down service unfortunately did not occur every night which was disappointing.

There are only two positive things I can say about the hotel and that was the food and service in the restaurant in the evenings were of 5* quality. The golf course and grounds that the hotel were set in were also immaculate.

During our stay my husband and I said, what would it be like if it was busy, we're not sure how they will cope.

I'm not a fussy person but this hotel definitely did not meet 5star standards or service.

Sorry Vila Sol but we won't be returning.

A great place to do as much or as little as you want

by TripAdvisor Member NCM

Just back from a long weekend break at Vila Sol. We stayed in the hotel and had a great time of doing nothing - so can't comment on the facilities beyond breakfast which we thought was excellent! I would certainly recommend stocking up on some of the pastries for during the day.

The pool was a nice play to relax, have a swim and a beer. We had lunch once at the pool bar which was ok. The beach is some 15 minutes drive away by shuttle bus which the hotel put on. There is also a restuarant, toilets and showers there for guests to use. We found the staff throughout the hotel very friendly and helpful.

A shuttle bus will take guests to the marina through out the day where we ate each evening - the hotel menu did look expensive. It is only 5 Euros to get back at the end of the evening. We found the marina a bit of mixed bag and I would recommend doing a bit of research as to where to eat.

Overall we had a great time and for a week of beach, spa and golf we would go again.

The only grip I would have is that this is a 5 star hotel resort and as a result you get lots of "Home Counties" families with rich kids who swanned around like lords and ladies of the manor.

Major Disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member mimsdublin

Having read some very positive reviews we, a family of five, were very much looking forward to our two week stay at Vila Sol Hotel. Despite the fact that the garden family suite we stayed in was comfortable and the grounds of the hotel beautiful and well-maintained, this hotel does not live up to its five stars on most counts. The hotel is isolated and the advertised shuttle bus to Vilamoura only operates three times a day and only one way! Therefore in order to go anywhere outside the hotel it is necessary to get a taxi. The hotel uses a company called T-taxis. Please be aware that T-taxis are extremely expensive and charged us 60 euro for a return trip to a restaurant which was no more than 15 minutes from the hotel. (A regular taxi the following night at the same time to the same location and back cost us 14 euro!!!). I felt the hotel capitalised on the fact that there were no shops nearby by grossly overcharging for everything. Two small scoops of ice cream in the restaurant for our child cost us 8 euro, a coffee by the pool 3 euro, a bottle of mineral water 4 euro, etc. Many of the staff were poorly trained. After ordering an expensive bottle of red wine in the restaurant the head waiter informed us that the hotel did not have red wine glasses but that white wine glasses doubled as red. Desert spoons were used instead of soup spoons. The much advertised Beach Club for active kids was a complete disaster. The staff were lethargic to say the least and the only items which were made available for activies were kayaks and peddle boats. We were informed that surf boards would be available later in the season (this was mid-July!!!!). Our sleep was disturbed several nights as the telphones in the suite kept ringing. The last straw came on the night before our departure when we received a phone call from reception to say that we had overstayed and that we would be allowed to stay in our suite but that the cost of an extra night would be billed to us! This was a complete error on behalf of the hotel but no apology was forthcoming from the hotel at our time of departure.
Unfortunately I can think of no reason to return to this hotel.
PS This is the first time I have ever written a review but felt compelled to warn others!

Great value!

by TripAdvisor Member Leonor

I came from a great weakend in Vilasol Hotel and I love it! Is the second time I be there and I will return again!
this time I stay in 2 Hotel bedrooms with communicate doors ( I have 2 childrens ) and not in Garden Suites. The hotel bedrooms are great like garden suites, all amemnities, robe, soaps, champos and cleaniny 2 times day. Breakfast is very good. The Hotel is very clean, staff very nice and helpfull. Food are very good but expensive. the only "problem" is the beach service, is very good with newspaper, towels, sun protector, bed and umbrella but staff is not very efficient, however beach is lovely!
There are free bus to beach and Vilamoura. If money is not a problem you can find everythink you need is this Hotel, excellent beach, pool, food , fre bus, taxi service, spa, tennis and golf but, like I said is an expensive Hotel with great value!
I will return again!
leonor

will not return!!!

by TripAdvisor Member NPombo

Not a five star hotel and even less a leading hotel of the world. Terrible service starting at the reception desk. No service at all and the beach (25 m by minibus!!!) and at the pool. You can await 1h30m for a sandwich.

Comments