Rua Simplicio dos Passos Gouveia 29, Funchal, Madeira, 9000 100, Portugal

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Red_fish's Profile Photo

Nice and neat- stiff though.

Enjoyable environment, with disco inside, though not many young people around. i guess i should have checked the gym!

Directions: grab a cab.

More about Tivoli Ocean Park

Musicial Show - 10 Euros entrance

by Quillinglady about Tivoli Ocean Park Hotel - Lido Funchal

Show starts at 9.00 and finishes about 10.30. It takes place in the Moonlight Bar in the Tivoli Ocean Park Hotel (downstairs from the main bar). The singers/dancers perform songs from musicals, etc. Entrance is Euro 10 per person. You can get tickets on the night at the Moonlight Bar. The show is on each Thursday. Comfortable/casual wear, not shorts. Its a 5 star hotel.

Not a 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member DermLondon

The Tivioli ocean park is not a 5 star hotel, not even near. We had the choice of four 5 star hotels for the same or similar money and unfortunately picked this one.

Firstly, some previous reviewers have said the hotel rooms are big, they are not. Our sea view was mostly of the car park and our balcony had loads of paint peeling and flaking off the walls. Although the bathroom was nice, there was loads of black disgusting mould in the shower. We asked to change rooms. I was shown three other rooms all of which had the same black mould in the showers and one room had load of cracked tiles on the bathroom floor. We reluctantly choose the best of a bad bunch and repacked our suitcases. What a hassle.

One evening we wanted to watch a Pay per view movie in our room. I could not figure out how this worked so I rang reception and was informed that the hotel did not have enough Pay per view devices. If I wanted they could check with the maintenance man to see if there was one available and call me back. An hour later and no call back, we gave up and went out. Additionally the TV wasa cheap set and the back was falling off the remote control.

The hotel bar prices are a joke. 4.50 euro for a beer 5 euro for a Baileys. A bottle of water by the pool is 6 euro. On this subject, they also charge for the use of the room safe, how can they charge for something already in the room. It’s like charging for using the hairdryer your bathroom.

The pool area is small and the public pedestrian pavement overlooks it, not very exclusive. The games room has the worst snooker and pool table I have ever had the misfortune to play on.

CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL HOTEL

My husband and I have just returned from this hotel as part of our Silver Wedding Anniversary celebrations. On arrival we found that we had been allocated a Suite which was very luxurious - with views of the outdoor swimming pool and the sea. We also had a very large terrace with two sunbeds, a small table and chairs. The hotel has a lovely indoor pool + spacious gym. We booked on a bed and breakfast basis and found that if you didn't want to eat lunch or dinner at the hotel then there were plenty of restaurants to choose from within walking distant. Another excellent thing about this hotel is that it runs a shuttle bus into the centre of Funchal (free of charge). I will certainly recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Not a 5 star!!

Would not recommend this hotel. We stayed with our young daughter in a deluxe room with a supposed full sea view. We were positioned, directly overlooking other hotel bedrooms and the hotel dining room - very dissapointing! The rooms were average and quite gloomy. We decided to sleep without our air conditioning on as the room felt cooler without it!
The restaurant at breakfast time was extremely warm and uncomfortable, however the selection of food was good. There was a mad dash in the morning to get a position by the poolside; which could have done with being twice as large.
The bar prices were completely extortionate; we paid the equivalent of almost £20 for 3 drinks, one of them a soft one! There was absolutely no entertainment (as you can't really call the odd pianist/singer within the lobby bar entertainment) so do not be fooled by the brochure lies!
The only good thing that stood out was the quality of the staff, who were very friendly and helpful.
We were not alone in our views during our stay.

A Perfect Holiday!

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon. We had a suite with sea view and terrace, it was a huge room!! The cleanliness and service was excellent. The staff very friendly and we felt very welcome. I would recommend doing as we did and going bed and breakfast. The breakfast buffet offered a great selection and was delicious but there are so many wonderful restaurants in the local area that offer excellent food at a reasonable cost (cheaper than eating at the hotel) it would be a shame to miss them. If you are on a budget make sure you visit the supermarket early in your holiday as the prices will be a delight.

I would certainly recommend staying at this hotel and WHEN we return we wouldn't hesitate about rebooking. The island is stunning and I envy you if you are going there! I am sure you will have a wonderful time!x

Allways sunny....except at night!

by Red_fish

"Impossible not to get tanned."

Just a rushing visit. But nice though, really nice.
The rest i check it next time. There will be a next time.

"The view from the room."

There was a dust cloud from africa, but still the sun was shining.
My hotel (TIvoli Ocean Park) was nice- there's lots of really nice hotels there!

Comments